• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B.S
    • Nov 2007

Re: Introduce Yourself

hm never saw this thread.

im 15 soon turning 16, or actually ive said im 16 / turning 16 for like 6 months, my birthday is in August. i go to school and i also work as a writer for a norwegian magazine. im not really that into fashion, as in trends and such, im more into personal looks and clothes in general. i think im a little done with fashion on a personal level, which happened alot faster than expected, considering my age. i mainly wear black and gray, plus some red and blue, and try to mix secondhand clothes with ann demeulemeester, rick owens, vintage westwood etc. other than clothes, im very into music, movies and photograpy. i really want to work as a combined stylist, photographer and writer. i mainly listen to late 60s / early 70s rock, though my favourite band is sonic youth. i love the work of quentin tarantino and david lynch, pulp fiction being my all time fav movie. i also try to read alot, but dont really have time. i do pilates and yoga on a almost daily basis. im 5,7, but apparently appear shorter. err. k thats it.

Comment

• chrono
      • May 2008

Hey. I'm on other forums but lurk here a bunch as i enjoy the discussions, style, and atmosphere. I probably won't post that much as i feel unable to contribute much of interest to members but i figured i may as well have an account since i read the site so much.

As far as runway designers whose aesthetics i enjoy: ann d, patrick ervell, raf simons, petar petrov, jil sander, ro, cloak, vibskov, geller, older lang and others. Other brands some of which aren't runway that i enjoy (partly due to the pricepoint) are: corpus, ymc, schneider, BoO, old apc, s2a, acne, filippa k, our legacy and others.

I dunno. I miss having my cloak, raf, cdiem and drkshdw stuff but i was in a money bind awhile back :( Hopefully again in the future.

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Welcome Chrono! Please feel free to post. I'm sure you have plenty to contribute. And in response to your post, I have to say that I miss cloak and cdiem as well. I wish there were more seasons to look forward to, but I guess its true what they say. Brighter the light=shorter the life. [:(]
        Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• iSuck
          • Mar 2008

hey chornoaug don't be showing your sissy ankles round here!

Comment

• JSebbe
            • Mar 2008

vart här i typ 1 år, men inte skrivit ngt men här är jag. possposs.

Hej pĂĄ er allihopa.

Goodbye Horses

Comment

• l'eclisse
              • Apr 2008

hi, i've been browsing this forum for some time. i live in new york, and blow my paycheck at atelier.

Comment

• jona
                • Apr 2008

hi

just got done reading your introductions, was nice to get a little background for the posts i've been reading the past few months (although some people i was hoping would introduce themselves have not [73]

my name is jona, used to live in NY and recently moved back to Asia (based in Japan for all practical purposes) to design for a label called 14th Addiction - the youngest of the Share Spirit-LGB-Backlash, etc. group (everybody's just chums, ya know)(but dunno if anybody in the West knows these anyway).

my feeling about various designers is always changing, can't even remember what i like now... but if i think of what i'm putting on lately (besides our line) mostly Share Spirit, Viridi Anne, Galliano, yeah Carpe, Rick, stuff like that, but would like to wear other stuff too when i get a chance, like Poell.

What we create, what we wear, and the way we wear it is probably too loud for most of you and i have strong, but wildly fluctuating opinions about fashion so i'll try to refrain from posting and disturbing the peace... but thank you all for the fun and educational site! like others here, i'm getting sucked in!

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="l'eclisse"]
                  hi, i've been browsing this forum for some time. i live in new york, and blow my paycheck at atelier.
                  [/quote]

now this sounds like a man of action, hear hear

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

jona,

welcome! i've heard of 14th addiction, mainly by searching japanese blogs for LGB / If Six Was Nine stuff. very cool! you guys put out an awesome leather hoodie that i thought looked really cool. 14th addictiondoes have some pretty loudpieces, like If Six Was Nine. is Backlash related to LGB and Share Spirit, company-wise? i know LGB / If Six Was Nine are part of the Maniac corp, is Share Spirit too?

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="l'eclisse"]
                      [/quote]

Welcome l'eclisse. As you know, you are in good company.[B]

Sartorialoft

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

Jona, welcome to SZ. I think posts from someone with "wildly fluctuating opinions about fashion" is what this forum needs more of. Besides. I'm sure the majority would love to hear what you have to say. Not everyone here is opposed to color. [66]

Sartorialoft

Comment

• jona
                          • Apr 2008

[quote user="kompressorkev"]jona,

welcome! i've heard of 14th addiction, mainly by searching japanese blogs for LGB / If Six Was Nine stuff. very cool! you guys put out an awesome leather hoodie that i thought looked really cool. 14th addictiondoes have some pretty loudpieces, like If Six Was Nine. is Backlash related to LGB and Share Spirit, company-wise? i know LGB / If Six Was Nine are part of the Maniac corp, is Share Spirit too?[/quote]

thanks Kompressor

yeah, you're right. LGB and IF 6 was 9 are both Maniac (who is also a distributor that various brands have sporadically gone through) but other than that the main connection is that they're all buddies - which collection-wise can occasionally turn out to be quite a connection indeed

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

So, I'm new!

I live in Sweden and is 21 for the moment. I study at the school of art in an harbour city called Gävle, where I mostly paint. My interest in fashion have been pending, but it's starting to stabilize now. My favourite designers is Annhagen, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair, Damir Doma, Wester among others.

Clothing is my dope for the moment, and all my extra cash goes to it, and sometimes a little to much money is spended :D but you gotta treat yourself right!

I also play in a band, some sort och post-hardcore, called Endora, you should all check us out at www.myspace.com/endoramusik

It looks like the forum is great, everyone seems to treat each other with respect, and are really helpful, so I think I'll like it here!

Comment

• matthewhk
                              • Jan 2007

welcome everyone!

bestial i like your user name.

Comment

• bestial
                                • Jun 2008

[quote user="matthewhk"]

welcome everyone!

bestial i like your user name.

[/quote]

Thanks!

... and thanks I guess [76] been with me for a long time, since my mIRC-hacking days!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎