X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • docintheory
    • May 2008

Re: Introduce Yourself

Wow, sounds painful... Ever work with any famous heavyweights in the comic industry? Still must've been quite an experience.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

lou stathis and axel alonso (who is now, i believe the xmen group editor at marvel). lou passed away about 10 years ago but was a friend and a mentor and an overall great guy. he'd been my uncle's intern at high times. over the years i've been around all the old-school comic heroes as my uncle was a writer at marvel during late silver age and beyond. he also started electronic games magazine so anything cool that's happened to me in the world of geekdom was ultimately through him.

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

My name is Natanel, and I'm on a couple fashion boards as Magician. I'm an art history student trying to figure out what I'm doing with my life. I spend my summer days as a secretary at a law firm (mostly I play around on fashion websites; it is a pretty sweet job)

I'm looking forward to developing my sense of personal style, and people on this board have already been really helpful. I tend to stick to more conservative pieces, but I really like Margiela, Rick Owens and a couple of other names that get a lot of love here.

I spent some time working for Mauro Farinelli when he was with the Denimbar, and may work for him again when he starts his new store.

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

Kunk was it you who wrote that you saw Death In June play on three continents?
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

no, that was mike. i saw them in nyc and san fran only.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

When did you see them in San Francisco? There was a show in the late 90s and one more recently.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

late 90's one (think it was 97?). been into them since high school and they actually played for 1st time in nyc on my birthday. brought my now wife/then girlfriend who was like what the fuck? during fields of rape and such, and then during boyd rice's set, i thought she'd divorce me before we got married.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

That was their first ever appearance in S.F. The venue was formerly the legendary Mabuhay Gardens. I can't remember much of that show except Doug P. cracking that Current 93 were stranded at the airport or something to that effect. Those were the good old days before the chimes and acoustic guitar era. I think there are several other DIJ fans on here.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

yeah i saw c93 at angel orensanz in 96, too. and sol invictis at the cooler in 94 which was one of the better shoes i've ever attended.

Comment

• XSKY
                      • Jun 2008

s

my official SZ intro:

Well, I lurked for a little...Like most. Joining into the discussion was inevitable, I couldn't just sit on the sidelines!!! must admit, I was a wee bit intimidated by everyones extremely inclined fashion sense and knowledge, but over the few months I have been around, have learned to love it! (plus I love when things get kind of harsh and dirty! gotta keep people in check sometimes!)

I just graduated with a bs in structural engineering from UCI...Definitely not my life calling. The main reason I did it at first was solely on the fact I was skilled in mathematics and physics...I am actually surprised I finished, due to the lack of a social scene whatsoever, and the lack of culture that seems to engulf the campus...

What I really enjoy doing is music performance and production. I have always loved music... + I love to dance... So a few years ago I got into the whole electronica music scene, and since I have gravitated toward house music / progressive tech house... Have been producing for quite a while, and just got into live + dj perfomance...

...So life is definitely opening a new chapter for me, and I am psyching!!!

on the design side, I have a few fav designers... Ann D... RO... C-diem/ MA+....C_C_P (my main fix!)

s

Originally posted by Faust
                      snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Re: s

welcome XSKY and Magician
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

[quote user="kunk75"]yeah i saw c93 at angel orensanz in 96, too. and sol invictis at the cooler in 94 which was one of the better shoes i've ever attended.[/quote]

I was going to fly out from San Francisco for that show in 96 (I moved to NYC in 2000) but I couldn't swing it. And then the sissy cancelled his last tour due to 9-11.

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

yeah, sucks. and before he retired as a live artist, he was getting banned everywhere else anyway.

Comment

• Hali
                              • Sep 2007

[quote user="kunk75"]yeah, sucks. and before he retired as a live artist, he was getting banned everywhere else anyway.[/quote]

Hey Kunk.

You're my boy.

Especially after the comic thing. ++++

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

don't i know you from somewhere, hali? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎