X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asho
    • Nov 2007

Re: Introduce Yourself

haven't posted much yet... but i always check the forums.

Live in Sydney, Aus. Study architecture and work as a shoemaker's assistant. I fell in love with Raf Simons and Chalayan through some loose Architecture links. Came to this forum after googleing ccp wanting to know more about a shirt I picked up on sale from a local shop which was closing down. At the moment I am into a New Zealand label called Nom*D, Rick, Raf, Ann and CCP.

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

welcome, Asho - great to see another sydneysider here.

Would that local shop happen to be Belinda Menswear? They had a decent amount of old CCP pieces (of which I picked up a few) before they closed. It's quite a shame they are gone now.

I'll play too. Name's Brian, 24, Sydney. In the finance industry. Avid martial artist. I enjoy any kind of creative work that creates, generates, or fuels emotion in myself or other people. My favourite designer would be Yohji Yamamoto. I followed Faust from tFS along with a number of others.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• asho
        • Nov 2007

Belinda it was... less than half price too

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

you guys make me realize how much I miss Australia...

Here is my story.. well.. grew up in Australia.. and then was in USA for about 7 years.. floating everywhere in USA. Which I really enjoyed it tremendously. Now I work in Asia and travel between China, HK and Taiwan... have been for the past two years... and now it is time for me to make another massive move... still deciding... USA, Australia or may be somewhere in Europe? Any suggestions?[86]

I actually followed a bunch of people here from TFS... and of course.... I have been looking at my closet lately and it looks quite boring... Dior Homme, Rick Owens, CCP, Ann, Julius, Carpe Diem, MA+... Raf Simons, Jil Sanders, man.... that makes me a label whore huh? [86]

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="iSuck"]

My very 1st post.

Ummm....a few people here will recognize me from 2 other fora.

24 in NYC (as of 2 years) and orginally from California

[/quote]

ah, ok, I know you. Hey maybe you can dig out the old Thom Browne thread and contribute to it - you seem to know a lot about it.

Welcome, everyone new, and thanks for posting here.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Divo
              • Mar 2007

...23 years old and born and raised in The Netherlands in a suburban area of Amsterdam. Been living in Finland and Brussels for about one year each, and now back in the home country for the time being.

In Finland I was living with my girlfriend to study the language and experience how it is to live in a different part of Europe. Brussels was a wonderful time where I waspart of the Retail Purchasing teamwithin aglobal apparel enterprise. Last week accepted an offer as Merchandiser within the Netherlands' largest department store chain...

My interest in fashion started off about 5 years ago, when I was completely into (what I call now EuroTrash) brands like Dior Homme, Roberto Cavalli and Dolce&Gabbana. However, my interest switched during the last 2 - 2.5 years to more innovative, avant-garde brands with their own distinctive signatures, e.g. Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester, Raf Simons, etc.

It's not only labels I am wearing though: love to mix-and-match with vintage garments and accessories I find wherever I go....

Comment

• iSuck
                • Mar 2008

My reputation precedes me. ;)

Umm you can dig it if you want and I'll work my magic.

Comment

• Jens
                  • Mar 2008

Hey, my name is Jens and i'm from Helsinki, Finland. I'm 16 years old and really intrested in fashion. I've just gotten into drawing some pieces an such. I really don't have any CCP, carpe diem, etc. because I haven't got the money at this age. I'm really open for new ideas, new designers and new music so I guess this is the right place for me ;P

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Welcome, Jens.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
                      • Feb 2007

I'm 31, from LA, now in NYC. I design consumer and professional audio electronics.

I suppose I'm primarily interested in design which was the beginning of my latest obsession with fashion. I suppose I've always been into dressing myself well, however I've been focusing more on it in the past 5 years or so. In the past year I've become more interested in the designers and what they are saying with their work than the clothes for myself. I am greatly indebted to Faust and the SZ community for the wealth of info presented here. I hope to contribute more as I feel stronger in my knowledge and opinions.

Currently I am a fan of any designer who I feel has a strong voice with their work. I generally evaluate what the designer set out to do and then how well they execute it (whether it be a women's line or men's). Designers that I am impressed with are Altieri, Simons, Demeulemeester, Owens, Slimane, Yamamoto, Kawakubo

Comment

• cpaik
                        • Nov 2007

Hi all, I'm 20 years old and in college in Boston. I first got into fashion somewhat unconventionally. I began as a sneakerhead in high school (typical public high school fashion) and subsequently got into streetwear. When I got to college, my tastes shifted from being what is considered a hypebeast to what is considered a gothninja. I suppose discovering superfuture led me to discover SZ. Both have had heavy influences on my taste in clothing and being fortunate enough to hail from San Francisco and matriculate in Boston, I have a pretty wide array of stores to choose from.

I would say that my favorite designers would be Alexandre Plokhov and Robert Geller when they were working on Cloak together, Raf Simons, Ann Demeulemeester, Rick Owens, Hedi Slimane, Yohji, Maurizio Amadei and Altieri, and Carol Christian Poell. I really admire Ossendrijver's and Alber Elbaz's work on Lanvin as well as a number of smaller brands like Julius, The Viridi-Anne, IK Backlash and the rest of the dark, drapey Japanese designers.

Being a college student on a meager budget, I often find myself window shopping rather than shopping, and I recycle clothes quite often given that I don't have the funds to keep them all. I'm still new to the avant-garde designer arena, so I fear that I can't contribute as much as the old guard, but I hope to do what I can.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

A diligent digger at The Closet on newbury can find some pretty decent stuff... I've seen first season Cloak there before!

Welcome cpaik!

I miss Boston....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"]

I'm 31, from LA, now in NYC. I design consumer and professional audio electronics.

I suppose I'm primarily interested in design which was the beginning of my latest obsession with fashion. I suppose I've always been into dressing myself well, however I've been focusing more on it in the past 5 years or so. In the past year I've become more interested in the designers and what they are saying with their work than the clothes for myself. I am greatly indebted to Faust and the SZ community for the wealth of info presented here. I hope to contribute more as I feel stronger in my knowledge and opinions.

Currently I am a fan of any designer who I feel has a strong voice with their work. I generally evaluate what the designer set out to do and then how well they execute it (whether it be a women's line or men's). Designers that I am impressed with are Altieri, Simons, Demeulemeester, Owens, Slimane, Yamamoto, Kawakubo

[/quote]

That's cool, I didn't know that! I'm into audio gear, on a dilettante level [Y] And thanks for the compliment.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

hey cpaik, what school do you go to in boston? i went to tufts. also, judging by your last name, i'm assuming your korean as well?
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Yan
                                • Mar 2008

I'm 42 and run a small but soon to be expanding advertising, Agency. I am also a partner in a PR consultancy and a web design practice. My first love apart from family is fashion. I was first introduced to proper clothes by Richard Creme in 1986 when he chucked a Yohji suit at me and said that I should buy it. He also let me pay in installments which helped because I had just got my first job. I pretty much did as I was told for those first few years. My tastes now reflect my increased buying power. Its amazing what I can pass off as legitimate business expenses. I love Ann D, although SS08 is a car crash. I love NN jeans. I can appreciate all the artisans. Paul Harnden makes good jackets but I am not gettiing the trousers. I am currently loving the Julius collection. I always have good clothes to sell as my tastes change as I reinvent once or twice a year. Fashion is my art. I am launching breathefashion.com later this year which I hope will be a worthwhile addition to the addiction. Men, women and CHILDREN....but think Oliver instead of Annie. Breathe is the work of a collective and we are always looking for more voices.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎