X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winter
    • Mar 2009

hi all.
    eager student of avantgarde from new zealand!

-winter :)

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

stockists and students
      the name of the game
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Dire
        • Mar 2009

Well, it's about that time. Howdy. I was born and raised in Minnesota, but I'm currently an acoustic fingerstyle guitar major at a university in Wisconsin, where I live and work in a piercing studio. Honestly, I can't really believe I'm here, haha. If someone would have told me a few months ago that soon I'd have dropped nearly a grand on clothes, and spend all my spare time on a forum having serious discussions about them, I probably would have laughed at them. Life is funny, sometimes.

Throughout most of my life, I have had a total lack of interest, if not a personal vendetta against men's fashion. This all changed last year when I was given the opportunity to travel to Japan on a class trip. Nothing like the streets of Harajuku to knock your western ideas right on their ass... After returning home, I'd begun to recognize clothing and design as a valid form of art and self expression, but really didn't take any steps toward "high fashion" or whatever until I saw some Julius jackets on one website or another about a month and a half ago.

I'm going to be completely honest in admitting that the whole reason I joined this sight initially was to score some cheap Julius and DRKSHDW stuff on the classifieds whenever I saw them pop up. As I browsed the boards, however, I started to notice some of the subtleties of many of the other designers and I seem to find myself falling in love with CCP and Ann D, Yohji Yamamoto, and all those other folks all you trendy SZ hipsters are so stoked about.

So admittedly, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this fashion stuff, and apologize upfront if any of my posts or opinions reflect this. I'm here to learn, and hopefully someday, make a few decent WAYWT posts, haha.

It's nice to meet you all. ^ ^
        It is a good viewpoint to look upon life as a dream. If one has something like a nightmare, he will wake up, and reassure himself that it was only a dream. It has been said that the world we live in is not a bit different than this.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

ello ello chaps and chappettes!

I am 27 (28 is round the corner...) born and bred in the North of London,UK.
          Graduated with a 1st class honours in menswear design and marketing in 2004.
          Have been working mostly in the retail sector ever since.Aswell as working along side Gareth Pugh and Jean Pierre Breganza,and freelance styling work.
          Spent 3 years at Vertice in london as visual merchandiser and assistant buyer.
          My biggest task was trying to change the stigma that was attached to the store prior to my arrival,and have hopefully achieved that to some extent.Although very difficult with a boss like mine! (Snafu can vouch for that!)
          Am in Greece at the moment deveolping my capsule range and hoping to get my label off the ground by the end of the year.
          Favourite designers are many of the ones discussed in this forum,but i do have a penchant for DD AND VA and big fuck off boots!

aaaaaand breath!
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by winter View Post
            hi all.
            eager student of avantgarde from new zealand!

-winter :)
            i too wish to be a student of the avant garde

fintastic
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• architextures
              • Apr 2009

i'm evan. going to music high school in new york city (electric and upright bass, percussion). born and raised in manhattan. been interested in fashion for around a year now. joined this forum specifically to purchase a certain pair of boots i found in the classifieds, my "holy grail," so to speak. everything else here seems pretty relaxed and nice though, i like it. i'm currently trying to expand the "inventory" of clothing i have so that i can construct myriad outfits and not become repetitive. i'm a pretty small guy, so finding things can be a struggle.

not gonna lie, i'm a bit of a transplant from superfuture, but it's great to be here and i hope to stick around

evan

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

I've been hanging out for about 3 months and landed from a quick google search.
                I feel awkward randomly posting and I don't want to be one of those people who just lurk for items in the classifieds so I thought I'd do a quick intro.
                I'm an artist...I designed some clothes and shoes in the past for a few random companies but nothing really fashionable. I've been lucky enough to do some cut & sew pieces that allowed me to learn a little bit about the way that seams and material affect the fit and that's what attracted me to becoming interested in them more or less.
                When I'm buying I'm not totally compelled by specific designers but I'm a sucker for a great fit (I'm kind of tall and lanky) and nice material.
                I spent quite a bit of time in Europe last year for work and was exposed to some clothes that I would have probably never seen living where I do and that kind of kicked up my interest. I did some work for a company in Australia and was exposed to Tsubi/Ksubi and then to Chronicles of Never and it kind of grew from those humble interests. At some point, I thought it would be really fun to dress like a Pilgrim and just have a closet full of black and white.
                I think it was a Rick Owens search that brought me here initially. I also really like Viridi-Anne and Julius stuff (although I only have a few pieces of each.)

Nothing really remarkable to say just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to come in and learn and to mention that all of the members who have sold me stuff so far have been top notch folks, who have been a pleasure to deal with.
                I hope I can add something to the discussions here and there over time.
                Last edited by beardown; 11-11-2009, 02:45 AM.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• JetLag
                  • Jul 2008

Time to introduce myself:

I'm Pierre and I'm french and I'm 37y.o.
                  I work in fashion industry as agent for several labels of women'swear.
                  My life is shared between Paris and Tokyo.
                  I was a child concerned by what he was wearing.
                  I was a teenager who used to spend a lot of time in flea markets and secondhand stores because I was broke and because Hedi Slimane hasn't started yet.
                  My closet is mostly made of RO, VA, KKA, DH, CCP, BBS... Nothing original but that's why I'm here.
                  Originally posted by danman
                  If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Babyshamble
                    • Apr 2009

Am new here (of course). Spend way too much money on clothes than I should although would prefer to spend my money on clothes, than to pay for a psychiatrist. Hoping you guys can counsel me!

I wear a lot of women's clothes because they tend to fit me better, and will try and use the forums discussions and expertise to help find a balanced look in the clothes I wear, and to refrain from spending on labels, just because they are labels. Add to that, impulse buying. Hopefully, by seeing how you guys respect clothes, I can share that respect and tame my impulse.

Have lurked here for a while now (say a while, basically mean 5 months) and have noticed Merz has some fantastic vintage shoes and would love to hear more about them.

Seeing members such as Merz, Snafu and Chant post on the "what are you wearing today" thread caused me to join the forum, with hope to join in on the disussions.

Thanks for reading, and speak soon.

Comment

• the_catalyst
                      • Apr 2009

hey all,

I'm gene, found this site by googling Julius jackets a few months back, after reading a good amount, I decided to register and see how I can contribute.

Cheers.

Comment

• fadetogrey
                        • Apr 2009

Hello everyone.

I'm your newest addition to the handful of women I see posting here. After a few months of lurking and some recent late nights (ahem 2am) of going through old posts and threads, I finally decided to join. Growing tired of tfs, it's great to see somewhere to discuss my favorite designers- not that I need more assistance to drain my bank account!

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Welcome to the Forums
                          Architextures
                          Beardown
                          FadetoGrey
                          the Catalyst
                          Dawn
                          JetLag
                          and Babyshamples.

good to read about all your individual backgrounds...........
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fadetogrey View Post
                            Hello everyone.

I'm your newest addition to the handful of women I see posting here. After a few months of lurking and some recent late nights (ahem 2am) of going through old posts and threads, I finally decided to join. Growing tired of tfs, it's great to see somewhere to discuss my favorite designers- not that I need more assistance to drain my bank account!
                            Welcome.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LustMord
                              • Mar 2009

Hei everybody....

You can call me Lu, its one of my nicknames since a long time.
                              I´m a 37 years old and I am located most times in Munich, Germany.
                              I´m working in the luxury (fashion and jewelry) branch since 10 years now...
                              Studiing Graphic Design before...
                              I strumble across SZ because I am looking to find something about Boris Bidjan Saberi.....

greetings to everybody and thanks to affiliate me here :)

LU

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

What's up, Lu. Hook us up with some Werkstatt Munchen! ;-)
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎