X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alesha
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    I never understood X, don't think I ever will. Then again I suppose there are trade offs in this world...
    Replace X with anything (like Democratic Party, babies or Sugarbabes)! Ultimate comment ;)
    Originally posted by interest1
    I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
      Is cocaine supply decent in Portland?
      Haven't you heard? Cocaine and heroin are out and doughnuts and poutine are in.

Portland is a great city as long as you have the time and money to shop somewhere else.
      THE HOUSE OF DIS
      embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• feralpartykids
        • Feb 2010

Hi my name is Christos.Im here from Charlotte,NC been browsing the forums for months now and finally decided to make an account so I could jump on some of the deals in the classifieds section.Well here is a bit about me I was born in Athens,Greece.Raised in Toronto/Montreal Canada and then lived in Los Angles,CA for 6 years and am now living in Charlotte,NC I own a music blog www.feralpartykids.com I look forward to making new friends with the same interests in fashion as mine and also taking advantage on getting some of these great pieces you guys sell.
        "Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open."
        -Lord Thomas Dewar

Comment

• MaxM
          • Sep 2009

Some real cool tracks from what i can see feral
          Guess i'll be visiting your blog regularly from now on .

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• feralpartykids
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
            Some real cool tracks from what i can see feral
            Guess i'll be visiting your blog regularly from now on .
            Thanks I need to update it it's been a min.
            "Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open."
            -Lord Thomas Dewar

Comment

• Diamond Dog
              • Jul 2009

Hello Everyone

Hi all!

I've had an account on the StyleZeitgeist for a couple of months but only recently have I started to really get into the forums and I have to say that so far I am very impressed by your community!

I'm looking forward to spending many hours browsing these forums and I hope that I will be able to bring something worthwhile to the table as well, both in terms of personal style as well as socializing .

Diamond Dog - Proud new member of the Style Zeitgeist
              "Without music, life would be a mistake" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• calvinc
                • Jan 2010

I guess I will give this a go.

As my nick suggests, my name is Calvin 21 years old. I reside in Melbourne, Australia, studied Info Systems, and graduated last year. Asian, 180 cm tall, 69 kgs, lol I am talking rubbish now..

Anyway, "polluted" by a friend and I love the way he dresses. I personally think they way the people dress in Melbourne is boring like hell. Till i saw this friend of mine wearing his evisu and street jawns, I fell in love at the first sight and that was the point where my journey begun.

Been surfing and reading, StyleZeitgeist has been really helpful. My perspective towards fashion has been changing and evolving. From streetwear to more formal wear like dior and this definitely will be a never-ending journey . Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!

Excuse my english, since it is my 5th language. Oh and I am a very passive user, I don't usually write and comment but rather read and observe what people think

I guess this is it, and hello guys :)
                Angela Marriner - While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Welcome calvinc. What are the other four languages?

Comment

• kuugaia
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by calvinc View Post
                    Till i saw this friend of mine wearing his evisu and street jawns, I fell in love at the first sight and that was the point where my journey begun.
                    Haha we are the same, my journey started from evisu too. Funnily enough I never got to break into my evisu jeans...they're just gathering dust. But, welcome!

I guess the other languages are Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and either Malay/Haka :P

Comment

• calvinc
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                      Haha we are the same, my journey started from evisu too. Funnily enough I never got to break into my evisu jeans...they're just gathering dust. But, welcome!

I guess the other languages are Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien and either Malay/Haka :P
                      Haha. I never broke mine either. They are now sitting in my closet along with my other street jawns whilst I put more love into other jawns.

You are somewhat correct. But I come from Indonesia though. The other four are mandarin, hokkien, indonesian, and a dialect :p

edit: Thanks! please take care of me :)
                      Angela Marriner - While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart

Comment

• doppel
                        • Apr 2009

Never posted here even though I apparently have had this account since last April. I'm friends with or at least acquainted with at least a dozen people on here.. that along with a few mysterious emails in the last few months telling me to join SZ prompted this post.

I used to live in New York, went to SVA for graphic design, dropped out and interned and worked around town, did the whole nightlife thing, worked for a great little shop called First Among Equals for the last year I was there, then moved back to Hawaii to return to school. I still (sort of) have a blog called Wartime Recess and run an Etsy shop, but I'm mostly a student now.

I'm a girl, is this a rare occurrence on here?
                        Fashion-wise, I hold Ann Demeulemeester close to my heart. I collect her pieces and incorporate them into my style in a way that no other designer has ever allowed me to.

Ok! Hi!
                        Last edited by doppel; 02-23-2010, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Welcome doppel.

Yep, you're in the minority, my dear. You'll either love that or hate it. Despite the avatar, I'm female as well.

My 1st suggestion is to just get acquainted w/basic rules & navigating the forum.
                          2nd is to take a look thru the WAYWT thread, to start getting an idea of who the regular offenders, er, posters are. You've probably taken a peek or two by now. It's where most of the shit goes down. Just ask my fingernails.

I've been a member since late 2008, tho active as of early Dec, '09. I didn't know about this "Introduce Yourself" thread, so I just kinda crashed the fraternity one afternoon LOL.. The scars are just now healing. Kidding!

It sounds like you'll be just fine given your background. Oh, one thing: you might notice your inbox mysteriously flooded with PMs (personal messages) in a week's time after you start posting commentary; make that 1 day if your posts include photos of you in Ann. Consider it your personal welcome wagon and don't feel pressured to accept any friend requests right off the bat. Hell, the 1st one I accepted was cuz I figured, by the name, that she was female. Turned out to be some dude in Australia. . Whoops!

Oh, BTW–Ann is queen bee for me, hands-down. She has my .
                          That's of course when Faust isn't trying to steal her away from me.

Anyway, welcome to your new gated community! There is no escape. ;)

~interest1

ps If you'd like to retain some anonymity, you may want to edit out your name from your above post. Just a suggestion, up to you.
                          sain't

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ lol :-)

Welcome, doppel.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• underground lover
                              • Feb 2010

Hi,

I started browsing SZ a few months back but was beginning to feel like a stalker so I decided to join the forum. A friend of mine is really into the discussed brands, ie RO, CCP, Ann, etc, and the more I learnt from him about these designers, the more I came to understand and evidently greatly appreciate their work. Since then, I have begun to look at many other brands differently to what I used to and have ultimately become more aware of my own personal style. To expand on this knowledge and to interact with like minded people are essentially the reasons why I joinded SZ.

Anyway, that's my story, I look forward to seeing you all around on here,

Underground Lover
                              subvert normality.

Comment

• Atom
                                • Sep 2009

Hi you all,

I signed in Stylezeitgeist I don't know how long time ago. Haven't written anything though. Kinda forgot it. Well, let's see what'll happen this time.

Anyways, I come from up north, Europe that is. I've been always been quite interested in clothes, started with 50's and early 60's vintage scene in the late-90's, and have evolved from there. My all-time favorite labels have probably been Number (N)ine and Margiela. But knowing what happened to them, new inspiration is needed. From this springs collections I probably enjoyed the most of Junya Watanabe's and Jun Takahashi's collections, although I coundn't find too many pieces I would wear myself. Nice collections nevertheless.

Ok, enough about me. See you later in other threads. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎