• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Introduce Yourself

[quote user="Diego"]

these are real eyes, we use chroma key on the eyesocket of the puppet and then replace them with real eyes, the tricky thing is when you have shots with camera movement, you have to use motion control to do the scene with the miniatures and then with the actor, and it has to match perfectly. we are planning on using real lizard eyes for the monsters, but we are still working on how to capture them without hurting the animal (it has to be restrained to do the 360s).

edit- now I know how to restrain the little fella without hurting him, thanks Albert!!!

[/quote]

hahahaahhahhahah this is the funniest thing i have ever read in my life. no shit.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Really?, the funniest?, Closeups of snake eyes for long periods of time have been a pain in the ass in our tests. This has to be modified:

again, thanks Albert.

edit- Ok, you win, it's fucking hilarious

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

its just funny to me because albert knows how to solve every problem that every comes up on this forum, and i just burst out laughing when i read it because there is no realm that albert cant save, alberts amazing, a regular macgvyer.

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Diego"][/quote]

amazing

somebodys gotta photoshop albert in there.

edit: hahahah this might be a job only albert himself can do [74]

Comment

• neshboe
              • Nov 2007

Diego -

Are you doing a trailer or any marketing?

nesh

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="neshboe"]Diego -

Are you doing a trailer or any marketing?

nesh

[/quote]

Yes of course Nesh, but this is still in pre-production long way to go

Comment

• neshboe
                  • Nov 2007

sorry - should have phrased it "will you be doing a trailer...etc" that's my world - so I immediately go to the place of what's the coolest way to introduce a piece to the world. I look forward to seeing more...

nesh

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

[quote user="Diego"][/quote]

amazing

somebodys gotta photoshop albert in there.

edit: hahahah this might be a job only albert himself can do [74]

[/quote]

That Macgyver tool photo is GENIUS!!!!

Ok, I got the afternoon off (once in a lifetime) so I threw this quick one together:

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Faustina approves, Albert. [Y]
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

^ lol!!!

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

lulz...love the bloody heart and care bear is it?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

haha, damn right its a care bear. I won that shit and the little squirrel thing from Ice Age in a claw machine last night at Dave & Busters. One play. Two animals at once.

The t-shirt is actually one of my favorites that I have. $10 via threadless.com hehehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="hap"]

just for Chinorlz

my name is hap short for happy. well i have been called that ever since i could remember. i am 35 and i am trying to think of a way to describe my job. i run a designer consignment store in auckland new zealand. which mostly makes me a clothing appraiser. sort through a pile of garments ascertain.. the season.. the condition.. the authenticity.. and current market trend for the label.. then talk the owner into a realistic price..

mostly it is reading people rather than clothes.. and labels.. spa tags.. washing instructions.. i get to deal with a much better selection of womens clothes than menswear.. as men will often wear pieces beyond the useful re-sale point.. [the ones that don't generally have other ways of selling them].. i have learnt a whole lot about designer clothes...who constructs well.. what is made to last.. although it hasn't changed what i like to wear.. and as much as it pains me to say it.. i have become a big fan of brioni and escada.. fan is the wrong word..i mean i appreciate the quality..

sometime i get to deal with something special.. today i was looking at a dress from the first tom ford gucci collection.. [pure sex]... a 1992 comme des garcons coat.. [they never knew how to fuse well]...

i also co manage quite a large global shopping forum.. which keeps me busy and entertained.. i do some acting from time to time [this was what i studied].. last thing being a small part as a reporter on a local nightime soap.. have played in bands on and off for over twenty years.. looking at putting together something now..

my biggest hobby is taking pictures of myself.. the stated intention is to show my outfit for the day..but over time this has become my personal diary.. a record of my life [surely a life unrecorded..well is that a life at all?] i inflict this on the world through message boards...i am sure that if these boards didn't exist i would still keep the record for myself.. for posterity.. as soon as the self timer starts to flash on the camera i lose track of what else is happening...a nice little project to complete everyday..

[/quote]

You have an interesting background and probably a good deal of knowledge of clothes... you should contribute instead of just posting the random photo every few months. Otherwise you just become another "termite_zee" or whatever that dudes name is.

Comment

• qnc.hst
                                • Oct 2007

I've been putting this off for a bit now. Admittedly, following the legendary hap and the tantalizing work of Diego in the introduction thread is not something I relish. But I worry people may wonder why that qnc.hst guy just posts in the music related threads of a fashion forum, and perhaps further worry that I'm creeping towards the 50 post requirement to attempt some kind of classified scam, or will wind up asking a thousand fit questions in the wrong thread or in some other way disrupt the glorious exchange of thoughts here on SZ. Perhaps nobody notices my meager posts, too, which is fine. But I worry that others might worry the worst.

Well, I have nothing to sell, so fear not on that end. I am an amateur in the arena of fashion, at best, and as such realize that at this point it is mostly in everyone's best interest that I use this forum as a resource and for the most part keep quiet myself. Not to say I wish to silently jump on bandwagons or wildly assimilate the the opinions of others here, best I can screen that kind of thing out, but this forum serves as both an excellent aggregator of sorts for all types of information sources that my midwestern (plz don't sneer, hopefully my career will lead me elsewhere soon enough) based ass has no ready access to and for which I humbly thank all who contribute links, lookbooks, news, etc.

More importantly, the exchange of thoughts and opinions going on around here tends to be pretty damn excellent ('k, the CdG thread is getting kinda ugly as I type this, but still somewhat thought provoking and likely to be moreso again soon) and gives plenty to chew on even if I feel that what I might say would offer little to the discourse at this point. The fact that, though there's a certain aesthetic and set of designers that are more prevalent here, there is often no absolute consensus of opinions is making me ask myself lots of questions that would not have otherwise occurred to me, and so doubly thanks to everyone who contributes in that regard.

Now that I've done a significant amount of poorly phrased kiss-ass, I'll stroll back to the sidelines for a bit. Keep it up and I'll hopefully be poking my head into the conversation more and more as I grow bolder in my enlightenment.

As for actual introduction stats... I'm 26, a software engineer for a molecular diagnostics company, and have bought stuff from a few of you and plan to continue to do so...

I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎