Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

Nice to see another Malaysian or half-malay here ;)
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• jesuistruc
      • Jan 2011

16, Student, Family is originally from New York City, emigrated from Trinidad & Tobago. I've always been over privileged, but I noticed quickly the way money seems to change a lot people. My brother really got me into Fashion and music and started giving me his old stuff in around middle school. I'm really into the fine arts and outdoorsy things like mountain climbing and martial arts. I started playing the violin in elementary school, I think this is where my appreciation for classical and jazz music came about. I prefer a sort of minimalist style, I think there is an understated beauty in plain, dull things. There is a sort of mystery and depth in the way it always seems to blend together, that's why I like S2A and Giles & Brother. Paul Smith seems to break all the rules that describe things I like, He's simply a genius. I don't believe in describing things by price, but rather labeling them by quality (eg. "those are really nice jeans" as opposed to "those are *insert price tag and item here*). I believe in taking care of yourself and having your money work for you. That really sums me up, If I come across as shy and cold that's just the way I usually am to strangers, I have a few but very close friends.

Comment

• Teazer
        • Dec 2010

Hey Guys,

I'm 23 years old and from Hamburg, Germany. I read this forum many a time and now want to take part. :)
        I love the work from Rick Owens, Damir Doma, Saberi, Ackermann,...
        And ich also want to say, that I have a Rick Owens Globa in size S for sale. Later, when i have more posts, I will wirte a special offer in the forum.
        At last i want to say thank you to the guys who upload all the pics form the fashion shows.
        Dennis

Comment

• thejarc
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Teazer View Post
          Hey Guys,

I'm 23 years old and from Hamburg, Germany. I read this forum many a time and now want to take part. :)
          I love the work from Rick Owens, Damir Doma, Saberi, Ackermann,...
          And ich also want to say, that I have a Rick Owens Globa in size S for sale. Later, when i have more posts, I will wirte a special offer in the forum.
          At last i want to say thank you to the guys who upload all the pics form the fashion shows.
          Dennis
          Nice to see other persons from Hamburg around.

Viel Spaß hier.

Comment

• ES3K
            • Oct 2008

now we are three from hamburg. let's meet in the mientus basement and try on some new dsquared stuff!

Comment

• Teazer
              • Dec 2010

Haha, Mientus.
              The thing with Mientus would be funny, if we would only ONE really good store in Hamburg.
              2 Million people city without a store which has Rick, Damir or comparative things.
              But I have looked at Luisa via Roma: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.as...seasProdID=53I
              What a woderful shirt. The Cut, the Prints and you have the label name in the neck (they have really print blue on red), so everybody can see that you have paid 200€ for a piece of shit.

Comment

• coro
                • Dec 2008

Haha, they always buy so much of this crap.

btw. does anybody know whats happen´t to KH in Cologne?
                heard something about the reopening...

Comment

• smennen
                  • Nov 2010

Hi all,

I live and work in Brooklyn. My girlfriend is a fashion designer and turned me on to this magical world. I'm learning the basics of cut & sew, as well as object dyeing.

I spend most of my work day in front of a computer, where everything is pixels and flat visual perfection. My obsession with texture, textiles, organic variations in color, I think this is a healthy counterbalance to my day job.

I'm slowly building up my wardrobe, with special thanks to many of the fine folks here. My favorite pieces (for the winter) have been a LUC scarf-collar knit, Lmaltieri mittens, my trusty (and comfy) Yohji leather jacket... I'm also quite fond of ts(s), a label I've yet to see discussed here, and Devoa.

Once I get better at cutting & sewing, I hope to post some of my work in the DIY forum here. I will also make myself a thick skin to help endure the criticism, haha.

I especially enjoy Chinorlz's descriptions of pieces here. That's the level of understanding I'd like of my own wardrobe, and I'm sure part of that only comes with actually making garments.

- SM

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Good to see you on here SM!

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the designers on here and definitely looking forward to seeing what you've been working on!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Skye X
                      • Oct 2010

I realize that I've never posted a proper introduction, so here we are:

My name is Skye. I'm 28. I live in Oakland, and have lived all around the SF Bay Area, as well as some time in LA and Portland.

By trade, I'm a designer. I do web, graphic, and motion, and plan on diversifying into industrial and furniture as well.

In my free time, I play music and make all kinds of art and other objects. It's a good balance to all that time I have to spend with my computer. I'm also a martial artist, skateboarder, and traceur.

I've always been a DIY fashion kind of person, but much more in the sense of altering pre-existing (usually thrifted) garments than constructing new ones from scratch, though that has been an area of interest for me for some time, which I will hopefully soon have the time and resources to start working in.

My style inspirations are cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic literature and films, and my favorite labels are Julius and Helmut Lang. I constantly wish that Jean-Paul Gaultier would do a collection inspired by his costumes for The Fifth Element, and Versace's FW10 Men's collection was almost perfect.

Comment

• Karamazov
                        • Jan 2011

My posts have only been in two related threads, so hopefully I'll be able to branch out after a brief introduction.

I'm a student in a city where the culture and manner of dress is fairly homogeneous; I can't find very many interesting pieces and don't have the budget to afford the level of quality I'd like, so I've slowly begun to make my own clothes, mostly knitwear.

SZ looks like a good forum; there's a nice amount of lucid thinkers, haha

Comment

• shootspeed
                          • Aug 2010

I've been lurking for a while but figured I might as well post an intro. I'm a 24 yr. old Graphic Design major from California. I write and record music in my spare time and enjoy browsing SZ and SF. I especially enjoy looking through the waywt and recently purchased threads.

I've been interested in fashion for only a few years now and these forums have been helpful in finding and understanding an aesthetic that fits my personality. The wardrobe is slowly rebuilding!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Welcome, everyone.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ poetic.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• marco-von
                                • Feb 2009

the evolution of zboss , it will not be stopped.

it can't be stopped. it is far too powerful.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎