Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

^ try not to follow trends, and really just focus on fit and what YOU like.

Comment

• HreP
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
      ^ try not to follow trends, and really just focus on fit and what YOU like.
      That's exactly what I want to do. What I meant by 'fashion traps' is, that I actually try to avoid buying 'trendy' items.

Comment

• marsa
        • Feb 2011

been lurking for sometime - left SUFU and came here.

29 years old, been work in the fashion industry for over ten years and
        have a M.phil in Mediastudies.

fav. designers - RO, DD, BBS and LUC ( as the latter )
        Last edited by marsa; 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by HreP View Post
          That's exactly what I want to do. What I meant by 'fashion traps' is, that I actually try to avoid buying 'trendy' items.
          That's exactly his point. By not buying something just because it IS trendy is no better than people buying the trends. Just buy what you like and what looks good on you.

Comment

• tofucactaur
            • Jan 2010

hi, i have been stalking these forums for a while, i thought i would introduce myself, i am currently undertaking my 3rd year of a bachelor of music peformance, i play guitar, i am into drone, minimal and noise musics mostly, but really i play a great deal of things...
            i have been interested in fashion for a few years, just from reading and looking at things online, none of my friends follow designers or anything. my favorite labels are DD, BBS, RO, Yohji, CCP...i also like claud maus, i live in melbourne, AUS, so there is a CM store here which is pretty swell, and good prices.
            i guess thats all.....hi

Comment

• grindyourbones
              • Mar 2011

NYC transplant from the land of sun, snow, and sacraments. I've been living here for about 5 years or so now, but school has drained any chance of me being a contribution to this forum. If anything, it's a lot of nice clothing and nice people to look at. I spend my spare time locked up in art block and educating people about the fact that a raccoon does, in fact, have a bone in its penis. My skin is pale and my wardrobe is dark.

Comment

• AENAON
                Banned
                • Nov 2009

aenaon

based in EU, 30 years old, unmarried, no visible scars.

favorite designer: Motoike Leather Art

Comment

• Try to understand myself. Rearrange all layers and get a new point. 24 years in Russia. I hate it here (c). Designer, but nothing genius. Not very good man, but who's saint?. And I see the third of waters earthen become bitter, and I'm become the third of waters earthen, and third of waters earthen become wormwood.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

man that's genius
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Originally posted by merz
                      мля...

.. просто поэт..

damn, should get back to you regarding that inaisce coat, almost forgot.
                      ну вот конечно же надо сразу что-нибудь вроде "просто поэт" сказать.) Хотя ладно, я тоже переборщил с патетикой, пожалуй.

Don't worry about coat. It's not so revelant for this time and honestly I deside try Inaisce's fit before buy it. I'll try to pick up something good in EU this summer, and if everything 'll goes right, I reach NYC in October, and lay hands on some inaisce' stuff.)

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                        • Dec 2010

Been posting here for a little bit but figure I'll introduce myself. Been following fashion since I moved to NYC which was about 5 years ago. Still learning a lot and find the journey to be as fascinating if not more so than the end goal of knowledge, particularly in fashion. Favorite designers are Dries and Slimane for Dior, also love Poell, Amadei, Rick and Lanvin.
                        "My Roll is to Rock"
                        -Jimmy Page

Comment

• quiet noise
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2008

Well, i guess its time for me to write a little introduction about myself now that i have been posting here activley for a while.

My name is Olle Koort and i study economics in the town of Uppsala, sweden. I have been into high fashion for a couple of years now and i am slowly building up a decent wardrobe. Since im living on a pretty restrained, student budget i like to plan out every purchase carefully, so this place is very helpful for me. I also love to follow the work of our "inhouse designers" such as zamb and albert.

I would love to get some personal feedback regarding my activity, when i study i like take a break between each chapter/40-50 pages of reading to browse sz/facebook, but as of recently i have started to feel that i might post too much on here, especialy in the shopping and personal style section. I dont want to annoy people by asking to many questions/posting to much, and im aware of the fact that my english is far from perfect wich i guess can add to the irritation. Do you guys feel that it might be good if i slow down and post less? im really grateful for any feedback. thank you

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

As long as you don't post a WAYWT a day without anything else and don't ask to hype you up on lookbook, it's all good.

I feel that people get too uptight about posting and some kind of urban legends about draconic SZ policies circulate on the internet, when in reality it all comes down to common sense.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              As long as you don't post a WAYWT a day without anything else and don't ask to hype you up on lookbook, it's all good.

I feel that people get too uptight about posting and some kind of urban legends about draconic SZ policies circulate on the internet, when in reality it all comes down to common sense.
                              True,

but common sense is the rarest of all the senses, hence the reason its not named among the five possessed by all humans. it is only common among those who are fortunate enough to have it.........
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Ahoyhoy

I also hope I'm not annoying people by posting too often...

Either way, my name is the same as my nickname, I'm from Toronto. I work in product packaging/branding/etc.

I've been spending too much money on clothing since the late 90's. I'm versed in the world of Japanese denim, have been writing about perfumery/fragrance for several years now, and have a weak spot for beautiful lighting and furnishings.

I've been a member of some of the "other" forums for some time now, but thought I'd join SZ to learn more about under-the-radar brands as well as contribute to the archives when I can. :)
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎