Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • messenoire
    • Nov 2009

i'm brian. i work as a hair stylist in baltimore currently. i am planning on making the move to nyc sometime within the next 2 years but my family is here and i am quite comfortable at my job. my warddrobe is nearly entirely black and i like rick owens, rad hourani, yohji yamamoto, ann demeulemeester, helmut before prada, BBS, and gareth pugh sensibilities. i prefer things polished over destroyed 85% of the time. i tend to ramble quite often. i felt fashion as being quite polarizing over the years as i could talk about style and designers quite literally all day and not tire of the subject, so i am happy to have found this forum with people who share my love for fashion and a generally common perspective as to what makes something/someone truly stylish and a focus on designers that push the boundaries of what fashion design can be. the first time i came here i read the quote on the page before the forums and thought "i've finally found where i want to be". so, yeah, run on sentences and terrible grammar aside, thanks for having me and i hope to contribute to the forum for as long as you'll let me. i listen to a lot of bauhaus.

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      As long as you don't post a WAYWT a day without anything else and don't ask to hype you up on lookbook, it's all good.

I feel that people get too uptight about posting and some kind of urban legends about draconic SZ policies circulate on the internet, when in reality it all comes down to common sense.
      well, if you check the last page of the rick owens thread in DATW you see that some senior members do get annoyed (and openly express it in an aggresive manner) by mrmnrtd who post to much/write irritating posts.
      Last edited by quiet noise; 04-11-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Ascent
        • Mar 2011

I'm Charles, I live in England and am a student currently. I am studying Biology, English Literature, History, Psychology and Critical Thinking with a view to either Psychology or Law at university. I am new to fashion and find this place a fascinating insight from what I have seen lurking here, the work of designers mentioned on this board interest me greatly and I wish to expand my knowledge and wardrobe accordingly. This appears a great place to get that knowledge and refine myself. I hope to contribute relevantly, make purchases, and become informed without being an irritant. Thanks

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

welcome, one and all.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Clopek
            • Apr 2011

Hello Style Zeitgeist.
            I am Matt, and I come from the (super)Future. I am looking forward to learning from, and contributing to, these forums.
            ...and the tide was way out.

Comment

• Travel
              • Apr 2011

Hi guys !

I'm Louis, a French student. Fascinated by fashion since my 18 and still learning. Never been to the US but planning to. I really love traveling. I listen to hardcore music for a while now but interested by any talentuous artists.

Please, don't mind my mistakes ! ahaha

Cheers

Comment

• glen_t
                • Jun 2009

hi all,

Thought I'd introduce myself after some time browsing/reading/looking on sz. I'm Glen, turning 22 later this year from Perth, Australia. Have been interested in fashion since I was probably 15 or so. Just graduated from university with a Communications and French degree and am now looking for a job. I like Damir, Ann D, Rick, Julius, Jil Sander, YY, BBS, Gareth Pugh, Givenchy and many independent/lesser-known designers that I've stumbled across online. I have only managed to purchase a few things due to student finances but hopefully this will change when I find full-time work.
                There are a few Australian designers I like (Lui Hon, mjolk) but the directional-clothing market in Australia is far too saturated with 'inspiration' from international designers.
                I'm also quite interested in women's fashion.

Looking forward to contributing!

Comment

• 1972projects
                  • Mar 2010

Hi

JM here - long time browser of StyleZeitgeist (and very occasional post-er!)

London-based architect, writing about fashion in general and menswear in particular, with regular detours into film and literature over on -

Clothing in Context. Writing about Fashion, Film, Literature and Design.

Comment

• ACM
                    • Jan 2011

Hello everyone!

I am a 19 year old college student from Ohio. I haven't been interested in fashion for very long (perhaps 3 or 4 years), but I have grown to be very passionate in the field. I am fashion merchandising major, and I love to design and sew on the side...I first got interested in fashion when I accidentally stumbled upon the Atelier website. It immediately had me hypnotized and I have been there every season since to feed my addiction. My favorite designers are Julius, Boris Bidjan Saberi, Prada, Fabrics Interseason, Rick Owens, and Raf Simons. The end

Comment

• Soul Pill
                      • Feb 2011

OK. I'm 40 y/o from London.

Used to be tall and skinny, now with middle age spread.. (fat? maybe)

Been in the music industry since I left school (21 years!). Musician, and I run my own independent record label which is verging on successful now.

I've been lurking here since 2008 (when i found some drkshdw in a local boutique - the internet search led me here) but only recently registered as I still feel intimidated by Faust and my lack of fashion knowledge (I just know what i like and I know what suits me!).

Man of few words - even in reality: been trying to post a bit more often.

And so on...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I don't bite. Welcome.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nadir
                          • May 2011

21 y/o med student in Perth, Australia (where I have spent most of my life - apart from an 18 month stint in Germany). Love languages and travelling - my fashion interest began a few years ago by accident when I entered an interesting looking shop named Zekka. It hasn't stopped since.

Comment

• arc
                            • Mar 2011

Didn't see this thread til today.

Hope this isn't too late.

27, HK, unemployed, virgin

arc

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by arc View Post
                              27, HK, unemployed, virgin
                              nawwww.... well, good luck trying to score on sz - mostly just a bunch of dudes here.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Um, since when did posting our sexual experience,
                                or lack thereof, become of vital note for the "Introduce Yourself" thread?.

lulz..

p.s. and Shucks, there are way more senioritas here than you might think.

sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎