Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1521

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Caetano View Post
    Hello SZ! , so my big objective here is to broaden my thoughts concerning fashion crossing the boundaries of art and why not philosophy.
    Concerning style and philosophy, my fav designer is Yamamoto. His approach to identity, life and "landscape" is overwhelming to me!
    Well, I guess that's all. I already feel welcomed to get to work!hehe
    You need to check Aitor's interview in the last SZ issue, you will love it!
    Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Quote Originally Posted by bukka View Post
    You need to check Aitor's interview in the last SZ issue, you will love it!
    You mean volume 4, right?
    As soon as I get to the first city that truly matters, I'll get my mags. As I said, all this world is still pretty new to me, but I've been doing my homework!
    “Given the choice between the experience of pain and nothing, I would choose pain." William Faulkner

We offer volume 1-5 bundles with international shipping.

http://www.sz-mag.com/market/volume-1-5-bundle/
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hello SZers, I've been lurking lots of different threads for a long time and didn't really brought anything here. Just came to read and see different people's opinions. I decided to finally post something here besides my augusta problem i had couple of weeks ago. I'm a 22 years old student currently in UK (pretty young i suppose). I was never a fashion or even an artistic person prior to university, I guess I changed alot after moving from HK to the UK (guessing there's more exposure to these scenes as compared to HK). Been loving art and fashion ever since then. Hope to meet some of you in the near future! Have a good one : )

I'm new here.

Interested to slowly work my way through the designer and DIY threads.

I'll try not to shit up the forum too much.

thanks!

Hello there SZ. I'm a student in Montreal for the time being and I've been looking through the designer threads as well as the classifieds for a while now. Been looking for a place where i can discuss darker aesthetics as well as my favorite designers and i also feel like i can learn a lot from SZ. I recently bought vol 5 and am currently reading through it. I was actually really surprised with the quality of the magazine and i thoroughly enjoyed the first editorial in the issue as well as the Thom Browne spotlight. I look forward to learning more from the community as i develop my personal style.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
    Hello there SZ. I'm a student in Montreal for the time being and I've been looking through the designer threads as well as the classifieds for a while now. Been looking for a place where i can discuss darker aesthetics as well as my favorite designers and i also feel like i can learn a lot from SZ. I recently bought vol 5 and am currently reading through it. I was actually really surprised with the quality of the magazine and i thoroughly enjoyed the first editorial in the issue as well as the Thom Browne spotlight. I look forward to learning more from the community as i develop my personal style.
    Former Reddit mf users represent.

Don't know if i ever introduced myself back then, but what's up guys..

I suppose the elegant thing to do is introduce myself, so, antipodean greetings everyone.

I'm a web developer. I've never worked on anything related to the fashion industry, but I'm always watching how my industry changes others - it might not always be for the better, but it's always interesting.

I like anything that's trying to be it's own thing, rather than widest-possible-appeal inoffensive, forgettable pablum. I might not enjoy it, but at least it's honest.

Hi
    So i'm Fokken, same nickname on Sufu.
    I will probably more reading you than posting but i'm trying to reach 25 posts to be able to posts some fits in the waywt and grab some advices and comments :)

I'm Belgian and i'm 20, student in Brussels. I made a lot of style mistakes by the past and i'm trying to get a good style. Gothninja but not only :)

Cheers !

Welcome, new members.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Greetings... My name is Daniel, I am not much for posting comments, I like checking out the WAYWT thread and have used this forum as a resource for the designers that I am into.

Quote Originally Posted by woupes View Post
    Greetings... My name is Daniel, I am not much for posting comments, I like checking out the WAYWT thread and have used this forum as a resource for the designers that I am into.

hey daniel. the site is what we all make it. make an effort to contribute as well. nice dog btw.

Uhhhh i didn't realize this was a thread til just now? 2+ years later? Here goes nothing?

Zachary here, born and raised in the Valley (though i split my time growing up between Los Angeles and Hawaii). An artist by training, gallery girl by trade, with brief detours in production work (film obvi) and styling/warddrobe bs (fun fact, i worked on making what were essentially custom studded denim thongs for a hannah montana/miley tour at one point) . Inherited my love of clothes from my mother, specifically a love of the interesting and avante garde, and a love of finding ways to bring those pieces into part of an everyday warddrobe.

Besides all of that, i like comics, junk food (candyyyyy), art (i guess...), and the cats/frenchies of instagram. Pretty much hate everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by halffried View Post
    I suppose the elegant thing to do is introduce myself, so, antipodean greetings everyone.

I'm a web developer. I've never worked on anything related to the fashion industry, but I'm always watching how my industry changes others - it might not always be for the better, but it's always interesting.

I like anything that's trying to be it's own thing, rather than widest-possible-appeal inoffensive, forgettable pablum. I might not enjoy it, but at least it's honest.
    just read this. elegant introduction indeed. welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by other_animals View Post
    fun fact, i worked on making what were essentially custom studded denim thongs for a hannah montana/miley tour at one point
    awesome. pic?

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post

awesome. pic?
    just spent forever googling, couldn't find a pic sadly. During that time, I was working (interning) for a certain hollywood stylist and would just sit by her pool and stud anything and everything until my fingers bled. And then i would move on to platter painting all of it w/ glow paint

Default In exile.

I'm Stephen, former conseiller at L'Eclaireur, rue Malher, 2002-11. Have been in self-imposed exile in Bristol for a few years now.

People don't wear black here. It's not funny.
    My Christian Dior I wore and tore
    Got fitted for a new Balenciaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    hey daniel. the site is what we all make it. make an effort to contribute as well. nice dog btw.
    Thanks for the welcome and encouragement Shucks, I will make an effort to contribute. btw I like your fits.

Design School Dropout turned Gypsy Street Performer, I've spent the last several years up and down the West Coast making bread as a living statue/mermaid/singing gypsy. Naturally, my skill set evolved (devolved?) from garment design and production to SFX makeup, wig styling and costume alteration. But fashion, my first and only real love, has been pulling me back over the last 18 months. It's time to hit the books again (fall of '15). In the meantime, it's a "real job", small local shows on the weekends, and serious portfolio building for me.

I'm very excited to have found a community of people with such interesting and diverse backgrounds unified by a vision of fashion as both a form of meaningful personal expression and a (more universal?) curated art form.
    Last edited by Aurum; 06-03-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: mobile device timeout

Welcome

StyleZeitgeist Magazine