• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Introduce Yourself

articulate post, qnc.hst [Y] welcome.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

hi. i'm philip nod. i'm a heretofore publicly unknown alias once used by the late river phoenix. for years, i have wandered in the blank slate imaginations of hotel and restaurant concierges looking for a new host. i thought i was going to die because where does an alias go when its host overdoses? love of course saved the day, an old crush remembered me, as i am a password to many a illicit rendezvous, and thus began my long journey here, to SZ. i like it here, where there are many other alias' too and people fall deep in the background, pulling the strings. i feel this is a virtual place of the unreal, like the life of my previous host. as you can imagine, then, i am looking forward to the new number nine collection "my own private portland". i'm pretty funny, i know, and this clean slate has made me love goggles.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

^ Peace

Comment

• what_counts
          • Mar 2008

Hello everyone, umm I'm 16 and unemployed haha a joke i know became interested in fashion through skateboarding if you can believe that i went from skateboarding to streetstyle/streetwear to mainstream ready to wear to superfuture then finally to this board

recently i've been trying to find a happy medium between wearable interesting pieces that i can basically just live my life in, some of my favorite fashion brands would be hedi slimane's dior, raf, rick/drkshdw, diet butcher slim skin, cloak, ma+, number (n)ine, julius, and label under construction

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

hi. i'm philip nod. i'm a heretofore publicly unknown alias once used by the late river phoenix. for years, i have wandered in the blank slate imaginations of hotel and restaurant concierges looking for a new host. i thought i was going to die because where does an alias go when its host overdoses? love of course saved the day, an old crush remembered me, as i am a password to many a illicit rendezvous, and thus began my long journey here, to SZ. i like it here, where there are many other alias' too and people fall deep in the background, pulling the strings. i feel this is a virtual place of the unreal, like the life of my previous host. as you can imagine, then, i am looking forward to the new number nine collection "my own private portland". i'm pretty funny, i know, and this clean slate has made me love goggles.

[/quote]

philip nod, nice to meet you.

I am Kira. My real name is Terpsichore. I am a muse, along with my eight sisters. I rule over music and dance. I come from the timeless realm of the gods where I reside with my parents Zeus and Mnemosyne. I travel to Earth, looking to inspire others to pursue their dreams and desires. I have been portrayed in art, literature and music, throughout history. My favorite portrayal comes from Xanadu.

Kubla Khan (A Vision in a Dream)

In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
            A stately pleasure-dome decree :
            Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
            Through caverns measureless to man
            Down to a sunless sea.
            So twice five miles of fertile ground
            With walls and towers were girdled round :
            And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
            Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree ;
            And here were forests ancient as the hills,
            Enfolding sunny spots of greenery...

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

[quote user="qnc.hst"]

I've been putting this off for a bit now. Admittedly, following the legendary hap and the tantalizing work of Diego in the introduction thread is not something I relish. But I worry people may wonder why that qnc.hst guy just posts in the music related threads of a fashion forum, and perhaps further worry that I'm creeping towards the 50 post requirement to attempt some kind of classified scam, or will wind up asking a thousand fit questions in the wrong thread or in some other way disrupt the glorious exchange of thoughts here on SZ. Perhaps nobody notices my meager posts, too, which is fine. But I worry that others might worry the worst.

Well, I have nothing to sell, so fear not on that end. I am an amateur in the arena of fashion, at best, and as such realize that at this point it is mostly in everyone's best interest that I use this forum as a resource and for the most part keep quiet myself. Not to say I wish to silently jump on bandwagons or wildly assimilate the the opinions of others here, best I can screen that kind of thing out, but this forum serves as both an excellent aggregator of sorts for all types of information sources that my midwestern (plz don't sneer, hopefully my career will lead me elsewhere soon enough) based ass has no ready access to and for which I humbly thank all who contribute links, lookbooks, news, etc.

More importantly, the exchange of thoughts and opinions going on around here tends to be pretty damn excellent ('k, the CdG thread is getting kinda ugly as I type this, but still somewhat thought provoking and likely to be moreso again soon) and gives plenty to chew on even if I feel that what I might say would offer little to the discourse at this point. The fact that, though there's a certain aesthetic and set of designers that are more prevalent here, there is often no absolute consensus of opinions is making me ask myself lots of questions that would not have otherwise occurred to me, and so doubly thanks to everyone who contributes in that regard.

Now that I've done a significant amount of poorly phrased kiss-ass, I'll stroll back to the sidelines for a bit. Keep it up and I'll hopefully be poking my head into the conversation more and more as I grow bolder in my enlightenment.

As for actual introduction stats... I'm 26, a software engineer for a molecular diagnostics company, and have bought stuff from a few of you and plan to continue to do so...

[/quote]

Qnc.hst, very happy to see you on the board. [75] I actually look forward to you making your presence known here. You are a more than welcome addition to the community my friend. Cheers!

Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• qnc.hst
                • Oct 2007

Thanks, DHC! Glad to be here amongst the assorted muse manifestations, celebrity specter neural nets, and (non)standard fashion enthusiasts. Also... yr package came in on Saturday, many thanks again! Deeply, deeply digging the piece, I'll be back for more before you know it...
                I think they're easily the number one punk item.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Name's Casius (Cas for short). Been interested in design since I was a kid, mostly starting with graffiti, comics, etc. and then moving into mostly street wear clothing and over the past few years I've fallen in love with more 'designer' clothing.

I work in the action sports industry and have for about 5 years now and I also do freelance design work when I can (mostly print but I have done everything from gloves and pants to hard parts).

Main goal is to be somewhere in the fashion industry; Either as a buyer or merchandiser and maybe doing some small furniture design on the side to feed my own creative needs. Also am trying to do my best to relocate to New York.

Favorite designers right now; Rick Owens. CCP. MA+. LUC. Yohji.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Classique
                    • Apr 2008

As I read The Fashion Critic's archived blog entries; I can confidently say, I have been into serious fashion design for around two years.
                    My interest in fashion started with the "Amateur," fashion philosophies of Project Runway contestants. After this, I joined Thefashionspot
                    where I noticed a pattern; Faust was active on the same threads I was. (And I really admire his words.)

Through his blog, Atelier was linked. In black & white photographs, I remember a set, shot on a New York beach (With a pier): Undercover, Number (N)ine, Ann Demeulemeester, ... I had never seen such beautiful fashion photography; Where my only focus was on the clothes, in any picture. I knew, If I wanted to dress as a work of art; I had to shop at this place.

(Altho, I'm still broke... So I haven't [74])

Any way, I have visited this forum since day one; Overwhelming insecurities and personal drama kept me from posting here.
                    However, I am happy to finally be active on this incredible place.

Age 20
                    Las Vegas, NV

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

My name is V

I roar through streets at night on a piece of wood with four PU wheels and cause mayhem

and fight crime ninja style in thousands of dollars worth of gears.

[/quote]

then it was you

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Classique"]

As I read The Fashion Critic's archived blog entries; I can confidently say, I have been into serious fashion design for around two years.
                        My interest in fashion started with the "Amateur," fashion philosophies of Project Runway contestants. After this, I joined Thefashionspot
                        where I noticed a pattern; Faust was active on the same threads I was. (And I really admire his words.)

Through his blog, Atelier was linked. In black & white photographs, I remember a set, shot on a New York beach (With a pier): Undercover, Number (N)ine, Ann Demeulemeester, ... I had never seen such beautiful fashion photography; Where my only focus was on the clothes, in any picture. I knew, If I wanted to dress as a work of art; I had to shop at this place.

(Altho, I'm still broke... So I haven't [74])

Any way, I have visited this forum since day one; Overwhelming insecurities and personal drama kept me from posting here.
                        However, I am happy to finally be active on this incredible place.

Age 20
                        Las Vegas, NV

[/quote]

Ok, don't get the fuck out. But I don't get your position on Kurt and Biatch.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Classique
                          • Apr 2008

Yo, boss... That welcome, is still cold as fucking ice; But, It's getting better. [83]

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Classique"]Yo, boss... That welcome, is still cold as fucking ice; But, It's getting better. [83]
                            [/quote]

That's all you gonna get from me until you pull your shit together and give me some intelligent fashion discussion.

You better square your ass away and start shitting me Tiffany cuff-links!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Classique
                              • Apr 2008

"Day by day I struggle to maintain not only my strength but also my
                              sanity. It's all a blur. I have no energy to write. I don't know what's
                              right or wrong anymore. The morale of the men is low, a civil war in
                              the platoon. Half the men with Elias, half with Barnes. There's a lot
                              of suspicion and hate. I can't believe we're fighting each other, when
                              we should be fighting them."

Now, I really need to gear up in those Ann Demeulemeester combat boots... For war.

Fashion bootcamp, has been a bitch to me.

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Wow, you guys are really touchy about Cobain. Hopefully classique can overcome his harsh entrance into SZ.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎