Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmash
    • Jun 2011

Well I guess I should post on here. I'm from Florida, a nutritional science major at the University of Florida planning on going to medical school in a couple years. I love nutrition, fitness, travel and of course fashion.

Comment

• tron
      • Dec 2010

I kind of skipped this step.
      Hi... I'm from Canada and I'd really like to leave this country as soon as I'm financially able to do so.
      Fashion, video games, and manga pretty much dominate my time.
      Besides that I do freelance design and I aspire to spend as much of my life in japan as I can as everything I truly love comes from there.
      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• crtk001
        • Nov 2010

figure i should maybe do this too finally.
        graphic design student from toronto, canada.
        like tron here looking to leave asap.
        in my last year at ocadu, working on thesis.
        literature, black, furniture design, film, theology.

nice to meet you all.

Comment

• kowei
          • Jul 2010

Hi,
          I'm a young (17) student in graphic design located in Switzerland.
          I've cared about "fashion" for many years, following a typical "descente aux enfers" => skate brands (10-13), then streetwear -that I still love- (14-15...?), and soon as Highsnobiety started to talk about Margiela it was the end, or the beginning...
          Currently obsessed with vintage Dior Homme (I buy most of my clothes on rakuten with summerjobs/internship money ), but I'm not caring a lot about my personal clothes after all. I'm more into fashion as an "art", so my favorite designers might be Hussein Chalayan and Yohji Yamamoto. I am also really into more "underground" japanese designers like Miharayasuhiro, JOHN LAWRENCE SULLIVAN and The Soloist.
          I like literature (mostly Proust and Théophile Gautier), rap music, Asia...
          Being French, my english is really bad (got it from school lessons/TV shows... ), please feel free to correct me anytime!

PS: just read some introductions, and noticed that many scientifics are here, my father being an economics/maths teacher at the Geneva University, he could take my sit to discuss on some topics...
          PS2: sorry for those "I" everywhere. Must try to avoid it, but my english is really poor...

Comment

• b_z
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by kowei View Post
            Hi,
            I'm a young (17) student in graphic design located in Switzerland.
            I've cared about "fashion" for many years, following a typical "descente aux enfers" => skate brands (10-13), then streetwear -that I still love- (14-15...?), and soon as Highsnobiety started to talk about Margiela it was the end, or the beginning...
            Currently obsessed with vintage Dior Homme (I buy most of my clothes on rakuten with summerjobs/internship money ), but I'm not caring a lot about my personal clothes after all. I'm more into fashion as an "art", so my favorite designers might be Hussein Chalayan and Yohji Yamamoto. I am also really into more "underground" japanese designers like Miharayasuhiro, JOHN LAWRENCE SULLIVAN and The Soloist.
            I like literature (mostly Proust and Théophile Gautier), rap music, Asia...
            Being French, my english is really bad (got it from school lessons/TV shows... ), please feel free to correct me anytime!

PS: just read some introductions, and noticed that many scientifics are here, my father being an economics/maths teacher at the Geneva University, he could take my sit to discuss on some topics...
            PS2: sorry for those "I" everywhere. Must try to avoid it, but my english is really poor...
            Bienvenue !
            Same here for bad English, but people here understand and are rather forgiving ;)
            My Photography: Website/Facebook Page

Comment

• the-orb
              • Jun 2009

I can't say I come from a very humble family but if my relatives found out how much I spend on clothing, I'm sure they would consider themselves really humble! And I probably spend less than many members here :)

Originally posted by noumenos
              Thank you Faust, i'll try to contribute in the best way. Currently, I mostly post in the culture threads, as I have the feeling that I still need to learn before being relevant/useful on the fashion threads.
              Also, I'm coming from a very humble family, and even if I can live decently today, it's always counter-nature for me to spend too much money for my appearance. But I'm trying to cure myself

Comment

• The Spectacled Bear
                • Aug 2011

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while but figured it was time to introduce myself and make a contribution.

Always keeping an eye out for the emerging labels as well as keeping up with the old faves.

I am from Sydney and have noticed that there are a few Australians on here.

TSB

Comment

• droussin
                  • Oct 2011

Hey everybody. Um i was a lurker too, and thought why not just join since it seemed like a nice community. And i definitely needed to spend more of my hard earned cash on clothes lol.

Im currently a student in NY at cooper union, going for a bfa. So theres that...

Well thats it i guess. glad to be here
                  what is black?
                  an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
                  -Martin Margiela

Comment

• voice_on_tape
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by droussin View Post
                    Hey everybody. Um i was a lurker too, and thought why not just join since it seemed like a nice community. And i definitely needed to spend more of my hard earned cash on clothes lol.

Im currently a student in NY at cooper union, going for a bfa. So theres that...

Well thats it i guess. glad to be here
                    Welcome!, I'm taking this opportunity (my 100th post) to, as well, introduce myself and point out that I was able to reach 100 before Kunk could get me banned ;) lol. Anyhow, I live in Chicago and work as a marketing consultant, optician, and musician. I am in 2 different bands and play guitar, keys, mandolin and other random shit that makes noise. Obviously I also spend a lot of time on the internet reading various fashion/motorcycle/marketing forums. Needless to say I dont get much sleep.
                    -v_o_t
                    sale items

Comment

• neodym
                      • Jan 2009

Hi, time to stop lurking now I guess. I'm a 25 years old student, currently getting a masters of science in engineering (bachelor in HCI, masters in sound technology). When I have time off from university I work as a bike messenger. My hobbies aside from fashion are bicycling and music (listening, playing and producing).

I've always been interested in fashion, and as that interest grew and evolved through the years I discovered sz. I now feel a real affinity to sz and I visit here regularly. My style evolved in pace with my interest in fashion and I feel like I have reached the point where I have found myself and my style. I appreciate most designers and the whole aesthethic related to sz but I'm mainly into RO.

I see my introduction, my first post, as some kind of cue for myself to start participate a bit more than just reading, which I feel rather excited about.

Cheers!

Comment

• Czx
                        • Feb 2011

Hello
                        I'm an 18 year old student from Poland (think I'm alone here as long as it comes to country), finishing my high school this year and off to studies. Propably philosophy, psychology, journalism or culture knowledge (not sure if that's the right term in english). But that's only for a degree to help with acquiring a credit and fun, as I'm looking to either start my own music label with a pair of friends or a fashion store (no real competition so far in my country, let's see how this goes).

I've been lurking for a long time, gathering knowledge and slowly starting to build my wardrobe but I decided it's time to come out from my little cozy cave.

My biggest passion is music, quite frankly every genre (well, scratch all the disco stuff) but mostly pretty obscure, but fashion doesn't come far behind. I'm really into art, philosophy and literature aswell, mostly decadentism era and all that connects with it's roots (so a fan of Bukowski, Vonnegut, Beckett and many romanticism authors aswell).

My interest in fashion had quite a natural growth from what I've seen other peoples write. Developed from skate->streetwear (still own a few pieces I really like, n(n) visvim nomad to name from the top of my head)-> designer. My favorite designers are CCP (not fun, with my money I'll propably see my first piece in years), Ann (quite natural with my passion for romanticism and decadentism eras), Rick and Julius. Really liking Carpe, IndiSent and Paul Hardnen aswell.

I'm thankful to SZ for giving me an amazing source of knowledge, not only about the fashion but also about design, art and literature. It's all a bit nonexistant in my country if you are out of the circle of people who are into that here, which is very hermetic and all that. I hope to have a good time here.

Well I'm done, quite an essay, sorry, and hello everyone one again :)
                        néant
                        Last.FM paranoia
                        Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                        0 > ∞

Comment

• Prezens
                          • Aug 2011

hi.
                          I'm a 23 year old chemical engineering graduate in London, although i find myself currently pursuing other interests.
                          I am primarily drawn to a dark, nomadic aesthetic which mainly incorporates layering and raw finishes, which sz caters for pretty well. a mix of julius, lost and found, older, less tailored obscur with some bbs is an idea of what i'm looking at. I am also looking to develop my knowledge of material and texture, particularly leather, cotton and wool. I have to say I do enjoy this site as a community as a whole, it is one which is jam packed with insightful knowledge, and most of all very little pretentious display here, which I particularly appreciate, ample amounts of reliable info too and interesting yet objective people. I would add that one must develop a tolerance of criticism if one is to progress properly here.
                          My main objective on here would be to fine tune my personal aesthetic and develop my style as a whole.
                          Last edited by Prezens; 01-11-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: Update
                          One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

You know what I wanna do?
                            What?
                            Strut.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• ticktin
                              • Oct 2011

Hello,

I'm a 21 year old equine science graduate from Brighton. Currently doing some volunteering work for the Blue Cross to fill my time and help people whilst looking for the right job.

I have a massive fetish for beautiful lingerie, I hope to improve the dedicated thread (!). I have always loved fashion that defies the obvious, carries an imaginative statement and lengthens my short legs.

Forgot to mention I'm a 'rare' female!
                              Last edited by ticktin; 10-15-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Welcome, everyone.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎