Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2565666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1532

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Quote Originally Posted by astrum9 View Post
    Hi

I am an amateur designer and soon going to a design school. I have designed some clothing and would like to feedback here. Will it break forum rules?

Thank you
    Hi Astrum,

Welcome to the forum. Please post in the Student and DIY section of the forum if you are looking for feedback as a student or for personal work.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...-and-DIY-Forum

Hi all,
    i'm 24 and i'm from north east italy, near Venice, but form 2016 i live in Milan where i'm graduating in Audio Engineering and Sound Design.
    I've got a big passion for avant garde fashion since 2011, my favourite brands are BBS, CCP, A1923, Layer 0, Julius, and i like a lot of italian and japanese brands.
    Since 2007 i was very influenced from techno music, especially from CLR and Drumcode label, now my electronic music influences are from romanian sound, but i'm open to every type of music =D
    In the next future, my maximum aspiration is to combine avant garde fashion with my future sound design works =D
    Thanks to all and sorry if i'm wrong with the language XD
    Francesco
    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Hi all,

Living in the Netherlands, 27 at the moment.
    When I was younger, the fashion world was always some kind of dream world for me, I loved it but never saw it as a career option. After quitting my first study I started working in a shop and after three years I took the change and enrolled into a fashion and management course. Best decision of my life, was able to follow my dream path minor and internship wise and now I'm busy with my graduation project.

Next to my classes I kept working in retail and ended up in a really nice, small, high-end boutique where I had the opportunity to see and work with some of the nicest brands in the industry at the moment.

Strong interest into the technical side of the fashion industry, especially product development. Love to touch and inspect garments. That's why I think the menswear and avant-garde labels of this moment are the most interesting, more then the most womenswear lines.

Labels I love: Boris Bidjan Saberi / Haider Ackermann / Undercover / Raf Simons / If Six Was Nine / Acne Studios / Dries van Noten / sacai / Rick Owens / Damir Doma (really like his newer work actually).

Welcome!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Been a while since I last posted on SZ, but glad I am again.

I'm 29 and live in New Zealand. Fashion is very limited here, especially from more fashion-forward designers.

I'm a high school English teacher. It's not glamorous, but it's the only passion I have that is on par with the one that I have for fashion.

Favourite designers: I absolutely adore A.F. Vandevorst. Also enjoy the work of Rick Owens and Junya Watanabe as well more commercial designers like Versace and Givenchy.

Favourite music: Soul and R&B are my life. And naturally Rap.

Favourite books: "Turn of the Screw", "To Kill a Mockingbird", "The Outsiders".
    ...my inner voice resounding.............

Quote Originally Posted by FollowYourSeams View Post
    Been a while since I last posted on SZ, but glad I am again.

I'm 29 and live in New Zealand. Fashion is very limited here, especially from more fashion-forward designers.

I'm a high school English teacher. It's not glamorous, but it's the only passion I have that is on par with the one that I have for fashion.

Favourite designers: I absolutely adore A.F. Vandevorst. Also enjoy the work of Rick Owens and Junya Watanabe as well more commercial designers like Versace and Givenchy.

Favourite music: Soul and R&B are my life. And naturally Rap.

Favourite books: "Turn of the Screw", "To Kill a Mockingbird", "The Outsiders".
    True story: I wanted to be an English teacher at some point.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    True story: I wanted to be an English teacher at some point.
    It's brilliant, it really is. Not for the faint-hearted.
    ...my inner voice resounding.............

Been around the forum for a while, but never truly 'introduced' myself.
    I'm Sam, I'm a 19 year old fashion-design student in New York City. Ran my own brand for a while, which I taught myself everything, while now I'm just learning & studying.
    My favorite designer is Carol Christian Poell, with Tatsuro Horikawa (Julius) / Yohji Yamamoto & Rei Kawakubo as my others.
    I'm very much into Gothic-Synth music, and Hardcore. Favorite bands are Cold Cave, American Nightmare, Travis Scott & Kanye West.
    Really into manga & anime & collecting clothing.
    Haven't been into fashion for as long as some people here, got into avant-garde wear around age 16/17, but I've been studying CCP & Julius since then.
    Sorry for the long-entry! Hey guys, hope to see you all around a lot!

Hello everyone, happy to join the forum.

I live in New York City. You can wear anything at any hour and it works in NYC. I hope to one day inherit a small fortune and buy clothes that confuse people. I am, your new best friend. Faust, let's do drinks!

Hello, my name is Alan, and I live in NYC. I'm relatively new to the world of fashion, looking for friends, and maybe even models to photograph.

Welcome, guys. Zuchte, don't be intimidated. I am sure you have learned the ropes reading SZ. Go for it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

New member here. I joined SZ after being a faithful reader.

I happened upon it while looking for artisanal garments Archivio JM Ribot, Paul Harden, Elena Dawson, Araki Yuu, G.B. Small...

I am a 33 years old guy living in France and working as PR.

Curious in life, I'm into fine arts, cinema (from all over the world) and travels. Always wanting new experiences and feelings.

Always been into clothing but the older I get (ahahah 33 yo) the more I tend to only buy few clothes a year but well made/told a story, an atmosphere ones if it makes sense. Hate fast fashion.

Happy to join this community.

Hi guys. Based in Melbourne and KL, Malaysia. Former economist, currently working in women's fashion. Wouldn't say I know everything about fashion, but I'm a huge nerd and I don't have any friends to nerd out over fashion with, so I'm hoping to find some on here.

Started as a goth in high school before transitioning to the standard GQ look in college and in my economist life, until I discovered Rick Owens and Julius and reverted to my goth roots. Current favorite designer is BBS, snapping up as much of his stuff as I can find (whatever that fits me - I'm a 5'7 manlet).

Hola a todos.

I have been on SZ for quite a while before becoming an active member, this forum has been a haven for me for many years. I come from a very humble family from Colombia, I was born there but we migrated to the US due to persecution of the FARC paramilitary groups in the 90's. After living in TX and FL until the age of 14 my family and i moved to Canada. Moving to the metropolis city of Toronto was tough but i was able to find comfort in clothing at a young age, fashion was my coping mechanism for change, being able to express myself through clothing really made me feel at home anywhere.

At a young age of 15 I started thrifting, then buying, trading, selling, saving to get that coveted piece. I would say I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to fashion, although I am a design aficionado and I never intend in being a master of the art of clothing and design, I tend to be forever a student of all art.
    We hope that people will begin to see beyond the superficial surface of things and understand that there is far more to a design than just the way it looks on the outside.

-GEOFFREY B. SMALL

Hi, wanted to introduce myself properly real quick. I am very late to this game being 41 yrs old.
    I have built some (admittedly remote) social and aesthetic skills in hiphop/graffiti culture in the 90s. I refined musical taste in the European Techno scene in the 2000s as a dj/producer (I still collect and play out records).
    Now I would like to learn about fashion for two reasons.
    First to understand how I can dress in a better way. Better = Juggling desired appearance, actual personality and physis. Second because fashion design / fashion choice is a form of expression which I do not know a lot about. After spending a lot of time on it I can now talk and think about wine, food, music, photography more ir less precisely but not so well about clothes. So that is why I am here. Right now I like BBS and Devoa, mostly because of the way they consider the body’s movement and how clothing and body intermodulate, plus the impressive quality of material and craftsmanship.It‘s an interesting new world for me!

Welcome, Do_Decor. You have come to the right place.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Welcome, Do_Decor. You have come to the right place.
    Thank you for building it, Faust!

Hello,

I registered a few months ago, having stumbled upon this place quite by accident... I've spent the intervening time reading through many of the long threads and I have to say that this site has just about the most articulate and thoughtful discussion of any kind I've come across in any online community.

I'm also on the older end of the spectrum, in my 40's, and have been obsessed with clothing since I was a child, basically, and had more or less settled into a 'look' by the time I was 16-17 or so from which I haven't significantly deviated, have just been refining and refining over time. I've only had the means to start seriously investigating more artisanal work recently, and so most of my signature wardrobe over the years has consisted of thrift store and military surplus stuff that I made primitive modifications to, mostly just imposing more severe cuts. I like uniforms, austere shapes, straight lines, things without superfluous details. I guess I have sort of an ideal in mind and have been trying to approximate it (no doubt in a quite clumsy way) for ages. I'm kind of stuck on black (would coat everything in Vantablack if it was commercially available!) but have been tentatively working my way up into the grey spectrum a micrometre at a time.

This seems like a good place for listening and learning. I hope eventually to be able to contribute something of value.

Cheers.
    Last edited by therestorationwing; 09-06-2018 at 01:15 PM.