X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Introduce Yourself

nice to meet ya spencer. 1 percent yellow or dirty form of it, 1 percent white (pants) 2 percent gray (cardigan and/or hoody) .5 brown (everybody has to have a least one item of brown. look in the rule books) .5 drkshdw (best name for a color in the fashion world in a while) .5 something red like belt, shoes or MA+ leather coat.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• firstlove
      • Apr 2008

hi, i'm from new jersey. i got into fashion after lurking around on sufu. i was born in 1988, and so i'm currently a freshman at RU.fashion has become one of my hobbies, soi'd like to learnmore about fashion fromSZ community. i pay for all my clothes, unless it's like a special occasion such as christmas, birthday, lunar new year (i'm a korean:) ), and etc. right now i'm broke and trying to work as much as possible.

nice to meet you all=]

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
        • Aug 2007

salut. there, that's me:

im 20 and always liked this stuff but that's where i mostly learned the fashion industry ropes:

peace up. word out.

Comment

• guruguru
          • Apr 2008

greetings all!

i've been lurking here for a long time but this month i decided i should just register a name.

i've probably had a genuine interest fashion/style/design since childhood. one of the earliest influences was seeing Yoshitaka Amano's artwork when i was like 10 years old. no, i did not like i started dressing like those characters, but i was struck by how different the silhouettes, colors, designs,etc was from the clothes i was used to seeing. there was a vision behind those designs, i saw it and loved it, and the spirit of that artwork is still stuck in my mind today. today when i look at good designer collections and fashion show photos, sometimes i get the same feelings :)

one of the biggest turning points for me was when i stumbled upon the Undercover store while exploring the neighborhoods around my grandma's house several years back. the garments, the art, the interior decor and retail space, the whole vibe and ambiance --- it blew my mind. that launched my fascination for designer fashion, and led to my desire to learn more about other japanese designers. today, besides Takahashi, some other designers i admire the most are Rei Kawakubo, Junya Watanabe, Takahiro Miyashita.

i see a lot of interesting clothes, and although i know i wouldnt wear a lot of it, i still really appreciate it. my interpretation of fashion evolves continuously, as its constantly
          influenced by my personal experiences, travels, and interests. my favorite thing to do is
          drawing inspiration from those things and expressing it in my style of
          dress.

Last edited by guruguru; 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

welcome, guruguru. quite a passionate introduction there [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• electric_alyce
              • Mar 2008

I don't think I've posted a introduction here, and I'm quite new anyway, so here goes
              I'm 20 year-old, located atm in Oslo, Norway where I am studying graphic and multimedia design (aiming for a BA in graphic arts)
              My fav designers atm is Ann D, Ann Hagen (anyone called Ann, really... urm), Comme de Garçons and similars. I'm reading i-D, drooling at Hedi Slimane photography, doing some blogging, listening to music (ladytrons new album at the moment) and yeah.
              I'm not shure what to add, anything just ask :P
              Nice to be here
              Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

welcome, alyce. that's a disturbing anorexic picture in your blog [:|]
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Hocus Pocus
                  • Apr 2008

Greetings,

I was born in 1987, been into fashion for years, but particularly the last two-three (since I've begun to afford it). I've known about this site for a while; the temporary death of superfuture lead me here, and I think its tone/aesthetic suits me more, especially since the the general lower standard of intellect and taste has grown at the other site. I don't own a lot of ultra lux pieces but no one's perfect.

Comment

• matthewhk
                    • Jan 2007

[quote user="Hocus Pocus"]

Greetings,

I was born in 1987, been into fashion for years, but particularly the last two-three (since I've begun to afford it). I've known about this site for a while; the temporary death of superfuture lead me here, and I think its tone/aesthetic suits me more, especially since the the general lower standard of intellect and taste has grown at the other site. I don't own a lot of ultra lux pieces but no one's perfect.

[/quote]

that's the beauty of SZ...contrary to popular opinion, i think it's less about the importance of ownership here than it is about thoughtful discussion and acceptance of diverse perspectives. welcome.

Comment

• electric_alyce
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]welcome, alyce. that's a disturbing anorexic picture in your blog [:|]
                      [/quote]

thanks, and indeed - but if you read the entry you'll see it has a purpose ;)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="electric_alyce"][quote user="Faust"]welcome, alyce. that's a disturbing anorexic picture in your blog [:|]
                        [/quote]

thanks, and indeed - but if you read the entry you'll see it has a purpose ;)
                        [/quote]

Yea, I read the entry - scary. I looked at the names behind those Norwegian articles, because I know a couple of Norwegian journalists - but that's not them. That picture is really something - it looks like someone took an Auschwitz inmate and plastered a model's head and a bathing suit on her.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

The pic looks like a photoshop job though, I doubt it's real. Not that anyone cares...

Comment

• electric_alyce
                            • Mar 2008

I hope so for the sake of humanity (and her). Damn this photoshop-age, it's hard to tell what is real and what isn't, pictures really doesn't say "truth" anymore, photographs are like illustrations.

Comment

• hamham3001
                              • Mar 2008

im on the same boat as hocus.. sorta.. a kid from 1987 trying to learn.. i dun remember how i stumbled upon this site, but the best thing about SZ i think is the discussions and the acceptance of different point of views... guys dropping mad knowledge and all the balla talk(BALLA and nba balla)...
                              only hope to learn and later on contribute to the site... thanks guys!

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="hamham3001"]

im on the same boat as hocus.. sorta.. a kid from 1987 trying to learn.. i dun remember how i stumbled upon this site, but the best thing about SZ i think is the discussions and the acceptance of different point of views... guys dropping mad knowledge and all the balla talk(BALLA and nba balla)...
                                only hope to learn and later on contribute to the site... thanks guys!

[/quote]

confused Japanese sales clerk at Uniqlo: "Tim Ham? Team Ham?"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎