Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Can leather jackets be altered without butchering the whole jacket?
    Im thinkin about a certain BBS jacket (J5 vinyl treatment) but the fit is i a bit ill in my opniom around the abdomen.

The vinyl process can make it bit structured and loose through the side, but it still remains fairly fitted through the upper body.

For me it just looks weird in the mid sextion.

Comment

• Campe92
      • Jan 2017

Hi guys! i would need your help, hope u can understand :) i'm working on my final thesis project and I want to relate it to the avant garde fashion world.. i would need to gather as much information as possible regarding the different kinds of materials used by avant garde fashion designers in order to create one list.. well, you could help me out by checking what you have in your wardrobe, by looking at the items you have or on your knowledge about this industry.. (the rarest and weirdest the materials, the better.:different kinds of leather, silver,...).. it would be perfect if you could also mention the designer, for example: Rigards- horn glasses. etc..
      thanks a lot in advance! have a nice day
      "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• 13we2
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
        Im thinkin about a certain BBS jacket (J5 vinyl treatment) but the fit is i a bit ill in my opniom around the abdomen.

The vinyl process can make it bit structured and loose through the side, but it still remains fairly fitted through the upper body.

For me it just looks weird in the mid sextion.
        This particular jacket is cut funny per se already and the vinyl only added to the hurt.

Comment

• nvsnli
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
          This particular jacket is cut funny per se already and the vinyl only added to the hurt.
          I agree, i wish he would make same jacket with proper cut.

Comment

• byhand
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post

A good tailor can alter any garment, especially if you want it made smaller. Find a tailor who specializes in leather.

Comment

• nvsnli
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by byhand View Post

A good tailor can alter any garment, especially if you want it made smaller. Find a tailor who specializes in leather.
              i need to look into this. Cant be bothered to drop a load of cash to a jacket that has to be altered and no guarantee of the outcome.

Comment

• Err Of Existence
                • Jun 2017

What are these types of pants called and where can I find them? They are really wide at the thigh area then taper even before the knee. I think they are a style that have gone many tens of years ago.
                Err of existance; existing only to take up air.
                06-22-2016 Birth
                09-25-2016 Meaning
                09-29-2016 Loss
                09-30-2016 Death

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

Jodhpur?

Comment

• gawkrodger
                    • Jun 2013

Anyone got any photos/able to direct me to pictures of the white Rick Mastosneaks high tops being worn in the wild so to speak? I thought little of them when they came out but are growing on me (though I suspect this is partly driven by the fact they are clearly going to end up massively discounted in the sales)

Comment

• blackdeath
                      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
                      Anyone got any photos/able to direct me to pictures of the white Rick Mastosneaks high tops being worn in the wild so to speak? I thought little of them when they came out but are growing on me (though I suspect this is partly driven by the fact they are clearly going to end up massively discounted in the sales)
                      They work with anything. I live in NYC and it's the rick x adidas sneaker that i see the most aside from the horde of hypebeasts wearing geobaskets. I have an all black wardrobe and if i was to get a rick x adidas shoe i would get this one in this colorway. The rest are cheaper variants of their better counterparts in mainline rick.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by blackdeath View Post
                        They work with anything. I live in NYC and it's the rick x adidas sneaker that i see the most aside from the horde of hypebeasts wearing geobaskets. I have an all black wardrobe and if i was to get a rick x adidas shoe i would get this one in this colorway. The rest are cheaper variants of their better counterparts in mainline rick.
                        I think he’s referring to these:

I gotta say they’ve grown on me as well although I’m not too fond of the logo on the back of the heel.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          I think he’s referring to these:

I gotta say they’ve grown on me as well although I’m not too fond of the logo on the back of the heel.
                          I tried those on recently they were pretty good with rave pants and cropped jacket
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                            • Jun 2013

aye, Nickefuge, those are the ones I'm on about.

I'm just not sure if I'm being swayed more by the fact they're clearly going to hit 70% off and thus I want to see any more photos of people wearing them. As they seem not to have sold at all (hence why they're going to be hugely disocunted) there's fuck all photos

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

I bet these will look great once they’re all beat up.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• gawkrodger
                                • Jun 2013

exactly what I'm thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎