X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamooon
    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Thank you for your answer. My washing machine is not particularly fancy (Bauknecht) but does feature a wool/hand wash setting that’s 35 minutes at 25°C (77°F), so I might actually try it with a mild detergent/wool detergent, I still have some by Aesop left over, so I might try that one (a shame they’ve discontinued it).
    Bauknecht IS a good brand, so, maybe give it first a try with a cheap wool-sweater, maybe get one at ASOS on sale for a few US$ and wash it a few times, if even the cheap stuff survives, then you should be good to go with the RO-items. ;)

About Farfetch: Yes, the stock did jump down in August, but that could have been related also to New Guards Group (Off-White etc...), Farfetch was taking over these days in August for 675 Million US$ and yes, Faust is right, it's the retail defining the price explaining why the same product in different sizes is been offered sometimes for different prices, as different retail stores ship these goods and because Farfetch did stop telling you WHICH store is going to ship the goods, you often just can guess that really the products with an extremely high price are often shipped across the border. Or it's one of these htf-items so the retail can simply test how far the potential buyers are willing to go, as it recently happened - for example - with the Converse versus Ambush-collab, where the price spiked up 6 to 7 times of the original release-price. But nevertheless, also retail has limited space and they want to get rid of previous seasonal collections, so I often did find a desired item at Farfetch for a real bargain, just be patient, put the stuff on your wishlist and sometimes you're just lucky.
    ;)

Comment

• arby2001
      • Jan 2011

That's brutally honest, Faust. :)
      too skinny for rick

Comment

• Jeroenr
        • May 2016

Can I wash my thin (virgin) wool RO sweaters in a washing bag on the "hand wash" setting of my washing machine without damaging them?
        Why would you mess with it and having the risk it could get damaged. I believe that dry cleaning it, isnt that much of an amount of money. I trow most of my RO stuff in the machine. But with wool, i never mess with it and have it dry cleaned.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Jeroenr View Post
          Why would you mess with it and having the risk it could get damaged. I believe that dry cleaning it, isnt that much of an amount of money. I trow most of my RO stuff in the machine. But with wool, i never mess with it and have it dry cleaned.
          Washing it at home would be an eco-friendly and time-saving alternative. That’s why I’m asking.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• ambition
            • May 2008

Whats the biggest size for Layer O shoes? 45 or bigger?

Comment

• darkpyramid
              • Dec 2019

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Because FarFetch takes 20-30 percent commission from stores, so they have to hike up their prices. They still hope to give you an impression that you are nevertheless getting a bargain when things go on "sale." Some people just like to know they are getting a deal. FarFetch is under tremendous pressure to make money. Their stock has lost 70% of its value since being listed earlier this years, and they are about to be hit with a bunch of class action suits from investors. They must be panicking like hell.

Actually FarFetch is just connecting buyers with luxury,contemporary & (some)dark stores and you pay additional 30% over the price tag for nothing but using FarFetch .
              Here is the hint,browse FarFetch whatever you looking for but don't purchase the item directly from their website, just connect to the store directly by google store name which shown in FarFetch related to the item you interested , you will saving 30% from price shown in FarFetch by purchasing it directly from store and as additional benefit the time of confirming,handling and shipping your parcel will be 2X faster than this process go through FarFetch

Comment

• darkpyramid
                • Dec 2019

Originally posted by ambition View Post
                Whats the biggest size for Layer O shoes? 45 or bigger?

you will find rarely size (46) ,even 45 is not available to all derbys, but don't depend on standard sizing if it comes to 100% handmade process as many artisanal designers do (Alessio Zero one of them) you will find sometimes size( 45) may fit as (46) or size (45) doesn't fit (45) while your size actually is (45) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                i faced that problem before with a1923 ,even you will forced that problem too much with leather jackets
                that's why standard sizing doesn't work in that case
                Last edited by darkpyramid; 12-05-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• darkpyramid
                  • Dec 2019

Washing it at home would be an eco-friendly and time-saving alternative. That’s why I’m asking.

Hand wash with cold water = your garment (as new)condition forever , i got bad stories with dry cleaning which we should rename it damaged cleaning

false advert: WANT TO CLEAN YOUR GARMENT ,COME HERE WE WILL DO IT
                  true advert: WANT TO DAMAGE YOUR GARMENT,COME HERE WE WILL DAMAGE IT FOR YOU !!!!!

Comment

• mamooon
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by darkpyramid View Post
                    Actually FarFetch is just connecting buyers with luxury,contemporary & (some)dark stores and you pay additional 30% over the price tag for nothing but using FarFetch .
                    Here is the hint,browse FarFetch whatever you looking for but don't purchase the item directly from their website, just connect to the store directly by google store name which shown in FarFetch related to the item you interested , you will saving 30% from price shown in FarFetch by purchasing it directly from store and as additional benefit the time of confirming,handling and shipping your parcel will be 2X faster than this process go through FarFetch
                    That generalization isn't completely true, sorry to say. Let me just briefly mention a few examples:
                    - There are not just quite a few retail-stores NOT having their own online-shop as maintaining the shop as well as taking care about the logistics and - eeeek! - returns can become expensive and time-consuming and usually doesn't fit to retail-ONLY-stores as it isn't that cool if pickers are running around the staff and the customers in the salesroom. So shops like the Munich 'apropos concept store' did decide to close the own online-shop and only to list the products at Farfetch only. That having said, sometimes you do find the product at the retail's own online-shop, sometimes you do not.
                    - Second, no idea where you got the 30% as this _could_ be a value for some retailers and some products, but it's another generalization which isn't correct. Example: Comme des Garcons yes-no-T-Shirt, listed at the Brown's own webstore for 107 EUR, listed at Farfetch for 107 EUR. And guess who did list exactly this product at Farfetch? Right, Browns. Yes, when buying at Fartfetch the profit will be lower for Browns, but why did they then decide to list the product for the same price? Even Browns has to use the packaging and invoice-design of Farfetch when shipping, they simply attach their flyers to the parcel, that way they 'route' the customer in future to their own webstore. So the loss of profit is on the other hand a great way of marketing and to win new customers. So, the price difference of 107 EUR to 107 EUR is ... 30%? I'm not that good in math, but ...
                    ;)

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ Actually Brown is owned by FarFetch, so not the best example.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamooon
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        /\ Actually Brown is owned by FarFetch, so not the best example.
                        Gnn, you're right. Okay, hopefully not another 'bad' example:
                        Commes des Garcons Hommes Plus Printed T-Shirt:
                        @Farfetch: 255,- EUR
                        @Vitkac: 245,- EUR
                        and that one item listed at Farfetch is the one listed by Vitkac. So, 10,- EUR difference in price, still not that 30% surcharge mentioned in this thread. And as Farfetch - like today - sometimes offers free shipping, it's basically more or less the same price then, doesn't matter where to order.
                        In other words, yes, there are reasons why products can be more expensive listed at Farfetch (comission, oversea-location/taxes) and it for sure does _always_ make sense looking around if the same item is offered elsewhere cheaper, nevertheless you sometimes can grab a real steal at Farfetch if you don't want to wait 'till the item of your dreams pops _hopefully_ up at glamood/yoox.
                        ;)

Comment

• haydn
                          • Feb 2013

Curious as to what fashion / style websites you go to daily? I’m finding most of the sites I’ve visited in the past are either too streetwear focused now or are full of sponsored content.

Any suggestions for decent content on a daily basis? Don’t want to sound old, but what are the kids reading these days.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                            Curious as to what fashion / style websites you go to daily? I’m finding most of the sites I’ve visited in the past are either too streetwear focused now or are full of sponsored content.

Any suggestions for decent content on a daily basis? Don’t want to sound old, but what are the kids reading these days.

Kids these days speak in semi private or private chats, the rest are are on Instagram
                            Originally posted by unwashed
                            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                            Originally posted by Ahimsa
                            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by haydn View Post

The kids read Highsnobiety and Hypebeast. But they mostly just look at each other on IG, as Trigger says.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• XIX
                                • Nov 2016

Most people under 30 with any of kind of interest in fashion have moved on to Discord at this point. Little to no effort to set up niche or specialty servers, and the option to gate the communities via invites. Easy community management tools to moderate. It’s a super convenient way to keep in touch with people IRL, and the pace of communication is closer to instant messaging without sacrificing quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎