Page 714 of 714 FirstFirst ... 214614664704705706707708709710711712713714
Results 14,261 to 14,280 of 14280

Thread: Small questions thread

Quote Originally Posted by vegettoo View Post
    rick shearling is still good ,it literally has better quality than the leather piece, I can wear only a tshirt under it when the temperature around 8 degree
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    They are awesome, but I would not dare buy one without trying one on. All shearlings are super warm.
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm just wondering also if the shearling leather will stretch out more since it is lamb which tends to have more give compared to calf or horse leather. I don't think getting measurements will be a good way to gauge fit for this type of jacket.

The reason I said you need to try one on is that in my experience they run slim, especially the long-hair one. I think it could be because Rick may not change the grading on the patterns to account for this material that is much thicker than usual.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I think it could be because Rick may not change the grading on the patterns to account for this material that is much thicker than usual.
    Always glad to see my thousands of dollars go to properly designed garments.

The reason I said you need to try one on is that in my experience they run slim, especially the long-hair one. I think it could be because Rick may not change the grading on the patterns to account for this material that is much thicker than usual.
    I understood what you meant. I'm just stating that going by measurements won't be ideal especially if purchasing online for said pieces.

tired old rick leather question - what leather is leather code LBO?

Quote Originally Posted by gawkrodger View Post
    tired old rick leather question - what leather is leather code LBO?
    Boxed calf, some years are good, others, not so much. SS11 LBO is a good one, dense, shiny, some grain, remains stiff.

Does boris has a special body molded version p13? Or all the p13s have the same cut? P13 is a bit too curvy in my opinion, but the recent season p13 seems like a bit straighten now?

Does boris has a special body molded version p13? Or all the p13s have the same cut? P13 is a bit too curvy in my opinion, but the recent season p13 seems like a bit straighten now?
    There are 3 cuts for the P13 that I know of: RF, TF, XTF which stand for regular fit, tight fit and extra tight fit, respectively. I know that there were two body molded variants from AW16 (I think there are some from earlier seasons as well). One was the mottled grey with minimal white splatter that was available at various stores and the other was a BBSNY exclusive in a dark combat green with pale black mottling. The former was available in RF and TF whereas the latter only in TF (only 6 or 8 pairs made according to the folks at BBSNY). I have P13's from SS12 to AW16 and the leg curvature does vary from year to year, but I have not seen any definitive trend. The straightest pair of P13's that I have are from FW14-15.

Thanks a lot blackfedora! It's very helpful, so that means the body molded version fits a bit different with the normal p13? Or it can be said more "fitted"?

In addition to what blackfedora mentioned, I wanted to add that the mottled grey body molded pair was also available in XT along with RF and TF. Additionally, it varies from season to season but sometimes the XT fit will be XT (as in FW16), while some it may be XTF. I would say the body molded version is a tad less fitted, at least in my experience.

Thanks for the info:)N!so according to ur info, normal p13 is more fitted than the body molded version? As I'm thinking abt buying a bbsny p13 in grey with black mottled. Btw wats the difference between xt and xtf? Isn't it the same fit?

Yes, personally I've tried both versions and the ones that are not body molded feel more fitted when wearing the same fit (RF, TF, XT/XTF). It's not a huge difference though. As for the extra tight fit, there is no difference. They are the same. It just seems that some seasons the tag says XT while some seasons they say XTF.

Thanks a lot:)

Thanks a lot:)
    no, i have 6 pairs of p13 and i have them all the same size regardless of treatment, fabric, season. XTF is tighter all around but the waist size does not change. TF is standard tight fit, RF is regular just as you would think it would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.

Thanks Trigger,I haven't bought any p13 after 2015,so those new code made me a bit confusing especially when I saw there is a body molded version, I love all the details of bbs except the curve leg as I don't think it produce a very good fit on my leg lol, so I wonder the body molded version will be a bit different

anyone got an experience of washing the boris p13 vinyl processed pants? will the wax fade out after wash?

Ahoy, does anybody know a good US proxy? Tried searching but no luck.

Need a camera ($400) shipped from the states to Europe and happy to pay a commission. Could wait until I'm back in the US but wanted it a little earlier. Grazie!

Edit: sorted, thanks!!
    Last edited by agentred; 03-27-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I'm not an official proxy, but I'm in the US now and would be happy to receive a camera and send it on to you if you're not in a huge rush (I should be able to get to the post office within a week of receipt, but not within days). Alternately, I'll be in France and probably the UK in May and could bring it. Where are you located?

Anyone have any interesting reads on the creations of thread, sewing techniques, designer backgrounds, different stores, different fashions in different cultures, etc? Just looking to waste time down the rabbit-hole of interesting fashion things to read about.

Quote Originally Posted by goldsamxo View Post
    Anyone have any interesting reads on the creations of thread, sewing techniques, designer backgrounds, different stores, different fashions in different cultures, etc? Just looking to waste time down the rabbit-hole of interesting fashion things to read about.

There's this thing called stylezeitgeist.com