• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unwashed
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
    Does CCP offer extra laces?
    Got my first pair of drips but the laces have greenish undertone and i am not feeling it.
    I want them to be all black.

Also can normal shoe cream be applied without ruining the shoe, i want to make them even more black.
    Thank you in advance for your replies.
    I requested new laces through Simone and got them after 3 weeks. I requested black ones for drips color 10 (Black) and received anthracite ones.

I applied from creams to waxes (mostly natural/colorless tones) on different kind of drips and only positive results. So from the leather perspective I would say go ahead without any risks.

For me the appeal of CCP footwear is the dying technique. Very deep and rich colors with beautiful undertones and different hues in different lightning. I would certainly not use colored creams.
    Grailed link

Comment

• nvsnli
      • Mar 2013

Thank you very much gentelemen.
      Already got an reply from Hamid from Samsa G but this also cleared the doubts i had.

Comment

• Halibut
        • Sep 2014

When a piece is 'oiled' or 'coated', what are some common oils and coatings used? Are some more useful for textiles versus leathers?

Comment

• woupes
          • Apr 2011

Can someone explain how import fees from Japan to United States works?

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

Anyone can gives some tips of washing fabric with some leather?

I had a RO vest which has a leather pocket.. My main concern is if the leather will holds up after contact with water.
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by magic View Post
              Anyone can gives some tips of washing fabric with some leather?

I had a RO vest which has a leather pocket.. My main concern is if the leather will holds up after contact with water.
              depends of the type, thickness, treatment of leather I think.
              I have washed leather before in the washing machine with great results.
              My RO hoodie with leather panels, not so great. 1 panel did not form back to it's original form and kinda bulges out.
              Grailed link

Comment

• stagename
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by woupes View Post
                Can someone explain how import fees from Japan to United States works?

I assumed you wanted to caculate these so here: https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/
                The most important thing to have is the hs code associated with your product but it seems this calculator might find that for you.

If you actually wanted to know how it works, products are categorized, each category has a different duty rate which is applied to the stated value of the product you are importing. So let's say you are importing a 100$ tee shirt, which is categorized under "garment - cotton" (totally made up) that has a 20% duty rate, the duties to be paid on your imported product will be 20$. Some countries have agreements with others to facilitate the transit of certain goods (eg NAFTA) but this is not the most common case. In addition to duties, most countries usually also charge the applicable sales tax. Hope thsi helps.

Comment

• woupes
                  • Apr 2011

Very helpful&informative. Thank you stagename.

Comment

• k3mist
                    • Apr 2013

I'm trying to look for the rigards RG0094 but doesnt seem to be at any webstore.
                    anyone seen it at a store? perhaps i could then e-mail them about it.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
                      I'm trying to look for the rigards RG0094 but doesnt seem to be at any webstore.
                      anyone seen it at a store? perhaps i could then e-mail them about it.
                      We can have Rigards custom make any for you - contact at buy at sz-mag.com. Actually, Ahimsa, who will take care of you, has the same pair, I believe.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• k3mist
                        • Apr 2013

Didn’t know that, thanks!

Comment

• noentry
                          • Jan 2018

Hello, I've been browsing the forum for couple days and it's safe to say I'm in the right place. Recently, I've read Eugene's piece on the young culture and it's interesting to see the parallels drawn between fashion and music. I'm curios as a confused young teenager, how did you guys find your fashion preference and identity?

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

I am currently on the hunt for my first CCP item (go ahead haters). I fell in the love with the prosthetic boots in CORS-PTC. Does anybody have any experience on the durability of these? I would want to wear them to death, anywhere and everywhere.
                            I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• k3mist
                              • Apr 2013

yeh im not sure I would want to wear ccp boots anywhere and everywhere...as nice as it looks, Ive always found ccp shoes (apart from drips) to be pretty uncomfortable. The weight and other construction issues with the last always has my feet begging for mercy after a day of wearing derbies at work. (I'm a lecturer, I'm on my feet a lot)

but that's besides the point, the cors-ptc leather will hold up real well, no worries there. And the prosthetic tornados are just beautiful so who cares..go for it, I'm sure you would love it. It's one of the boots I would love to get one day too.

Still wouldn't wear them to death though. personally wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                                I am currently on the hunt for my first CCP item (go ahead haters). I fell in the love with the prosthetic boots in CORS-PTC. Does anybody have any experience on the durability of these? I would want to wear them to death, anywhere and everywhere.
                                I don’t think this is a right choice. Maybe derby or tornadoes in bison leather or LUC horse fits your need. Not sure if only me but CCP toe box was very narrow.. Unlike drips sneakers was awesomely comfortable.
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎