Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PenguinBlubber
    • Mar 2016

I just got this ma+ shirt and am curious what the washing instructions mean. Is this dry clean only or is a gentle wool detergent ok? Any info would be great.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by PenguinBlubber View Post
      I just got this ma+ shirt and am curious what the washing instructions mean. Is this dry clean only or is a gentle wool detergent ok? Any info would be great.
      Left-to-right that reads don't wash, don't iron, don't bleach, don't dry clean. Whether or not you can get away with a hand wash and soak in Woolite Dark is up to your discretion. I think it's fine, but the official way to clean it would be to find a specialty wool/cashmere cleaner.

Comment

• PenguinBlubber
        • Mar 2016

Thanks. I think I'll risk the woolite when that day inevitably comes. I never knew there was such a thing as a specialty wool/cashmere cleaner, hence my confusion. Shows how much I know.

Comment

• unwashed
          • Dec 2008

Any Rick Owens experts here that can decypher the following item code --> LCWQ
          I assume something like Leather Calf Winter but the Q I cannot figure out?
          It's from a winter weight calf stooges with a matte finish.
          Grailed link

Comment

• jurassicsnark
            • Sep 2015

Thanks. I think I'll risk the woolite when that day inevitably comes. I never knew there was such a thing as a specialty wool/cashmere cleaner, hence my confusion. Shows how much I know.
            I am a moderately serious knitter, working almost only with cashmere, merino, and silk... This is my recommendation:

Contrary to the name, Woolite is not recommended. Personally, I'd do a cold-water soak (20-ish minutes) with a little Eucalan or Soak (each of these is a specialty wash for wool and cashmere). After soaking 20+ minutes to give the fibers time to take on the water, squeeze the water and soap through the garment (but do not wring — especially when very wet).

Both of these washes are "no rinse," but I still prefer to drain the sink and refill it with just water and let the garment soak in that for at least 5 more minutes. Drain the sink. Press the garment (again, don't wring) against the side of the sink to push as much water out as you can. Then lay the garment onto a clean towel. Roll the towel up (with the garment inside, like a Swiss Roll) and then walk back back and forth across the length of it to force most of the water out. Remove the garment from the towel. Gently reshape if necessary and dry flat.

These directions work well for wool and cashmere. The high cotton content in here does give me some pause, as cotton is really quite different than wool, but it's still what I would try.

Comment

• blackfedora
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
              Any Rick Owens experts here that can decypher the following item code --> LCWQ
              I assume something like Leather Calf Winter but the Q I cannot figure out?
              It's from a winter weight calf stooges with a matte finish.
              The "Q" stands for quilted lining. See here and zoom into the back of the neck to see the quilting.

Comment

• blackfedora
                • Jan 2012

Like jurassicsnark, I also use Eucalan on all my sweaters (wool, silk, cashmere and other) in a comparable washing sequence that was noted and have never had any issues. I've also washed some very fragile old Rick tees (rayon and cotton) for years using Eucalan to preserve that perfect level of decomposition that they have attained.

Comment

• unwashed
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
                  The "Q" stands for quilted lining. See here and zoom into the back of the neck to see the quilting.
                  Thank you sir :)
                  Grailed link

Comment

• byhand
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by jurassicsnark View Post
                    Roll the towel up (with the garment inside, like a Swiss Roll) and then walk back back and forth across the length of it to force most of the water out. Remove the garment from the towel. Gently reshape if necessary and dry flat.
                    Skip the walking back and forth on the rolled up towel if the garment has buttons. Instead, press the rolled up towel gently with your hands. I triple the recommendation for Eucalan. It has lanolin in it, so it's not vegan, but I guess if you were a vegan you wouldn't be wearing cashmere or wool.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Does anyone have ballpark dates for when h.lorenzo begins their fall sale and what the % discount may be?
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• biglongspear
                        • Oct 2017

not sure where Id be able to post this question
                        but basically in my picture, the titanium from my ccp prosthetics is loose from the leather, just wondering if super glue is a viable option?
                        Last edited by biglongspear; 10-31-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Mayne
                          • Nov 2017

Please can anyone with experience tell me if the earlier Boris Bidjan Saberi collections run exceptionally small? I mean a XL running as an M or something like that. I am eyeballing a AW09/10 jacket in XL which the seller told me won't fit me cause I am 6 feet just shy of 200 lb athletic build. I know newer collections run 1 size smaller but I usually wear 50-52 (L) and wondered if an older collection XL will do nicely.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mayne View Post
                            Please can anyone with experience tell me if the earlier Boris Bidjan Saberi collections run exceptionally small? I mean a XL running as an M or something like that. I am eyeballing a AW09/10 jacket in XL which the seller told me won't fit me cause I am 6 feet just shy of 200 lb athletic build. I know newer collections run 1 size smaller but I usually wear 50-52 (L) and wondered if an older collection XL will do nicely.
                            Not sure how the sizing is now, but about three years ago I purchased a hoodie which ran extremely small. Was almost two sizes smaller than tagged.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mayne View Post
                              A lot of it does run slim, but XL as M sounds like a stretch.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                A lot of it does run slim, but XL as M sounds like a stretch.
                                I have a 0 stretch ss15 blazer tagged XL and feels like a slim M. (edit: I just realized you could just give me any two random sizes and I'd probably find an example from my wardrobe...)

This is really one of the oldest SZ FAQs, regarding BBS sizing. People will say it's the treatment, intended design, etc. Depending on each individual piece. Always go with measurements. No generalization. End of discussion. Hands down.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎