X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by stagename View Post
    How's the sizing for LUC? Eyeing a jacket, I have an athletic built. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Not sure about the jackets, but all knitwear runs very small. At least one size smaller than usual (Rick Owens, etc).

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
      Not sure about the jackets, but all knitwear runs very small. At least one size smaller than usual (Rick Owens, etc).
      Just to make sure, it runs like Rick (i.e. one size smaller) or it runs one size smaller than Rick?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

Just to make sure, it runs like Rick (i.e. one size smaller) or it runs one size smaller than Rick?

Thanks for the help!
        Sorry for being unclear. I'm an XL/54 in Rick Owens and XL in LUC is too small for me (felt more like a Large). Hope this helps!

Comment

• stagename
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
          Sorry for being unclear. I'm an XL/54 in Rick Owens and XL in LUC is too small for me (felt more like a Large). Hope this helps!
          Awesome, thanks. Yet another brand I won't be able to wear ;)

Comment

• sshum88
            • Dec 2007

Awesome, thanks. Yet another brand I won't be able to wear ;)
            LUC pieces - yes knitwear runs notoriously small - sometimes as much as 2 sizes. But outerwear including his knits like the scarf jacket run closer to TTS based on my remaining LUC jackets - 1 knit + 1 waxed lined linen.
            Originally posted by eat me
            If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
              • Jan 2013

I am an athletic 46, wear 48 or 50 in LUC knits. Had a jacket in 46 that fit tts. Don't know if sizing is same for all jackets

Comment

• bootsndpants
                • Jun 2017

have 2 pairs of LUC farmer jackets and my charcoal (linen) version is super slim for a 48 but my wool black one fits comfortably. YMMV

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

Thank you so much all, that gives me some hopes!

Comment

• mamooon
                    • Jun 2015

Probably a bit unusual small question: Should a RO Leatherjacket be more or less 'waterproof' ..?
                    Why do i ask this maybe a bit weird sounding question? Bought a (non-blistered) RO-Jacket a couple of years ago, did wear it in summer, spring, autumn, winter, at rain, snow, sunshine, did a perfect job. Meanwhile lining got cracks, went last year to a on leather specialized tailor and was told, just fixing it won't do the trick, i should get a completely new lining. Asked the tailor to replace it, 2 months later got it back, paid a pretty high sum, a couple of days ago a heavy rain got me for the first time wearing the jacket with the new lining: and my shirt was completely soaked at the shoulders and at one sleeve, even discoloured as the leather probably lost color. I am aware of that a leatherjacket isn't some outdoor-Goretex-weatherproof product, but i guess the tailor did a sloppy work and damaged probably the stitches of the leather? So, in short: Shouldn't a jacket resist the rain?
                    ;-/ Thanks for sharing your opinion and experiences as i am very, very sad for now.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by mamooon View Post
                      did wear it in summer, spring, autumn, winter, at rain, snow, sunshine, did a perfect job.
                      Originally posted by mamooon View Post
                      the jacket with the new lining: and my shirt was completely soaked at the shoulders and at one sleeve, even discoloured as the leather probably lost color.
                      You got your answer right there. I’d go back to the tailor and demand a free repair.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mamooon
                        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        You got your answer right there. I’d go back to the tailor and demand a free repair.
                        Thanks a lot! As she seems to maybe then be a bit huffy, i just worry that she's not able or not willing to fix it and a lawsuit then eats time and can get terribly on your nerves. So, i'll drop her another mail as so far she didn't respond concerning my nice complaint and ask her to take care to fix it and if she's _able_ to. /sigh.

Comment

• unujnha
                          • Sep 2008

hi,
                          is there a name for this type of vest?
                          ive been tryin to look for something similar for a while but no luck. can u guys suggest something for me by anychance?
                          "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• Halibut
                            • Sep 2014

I reckon it's just a vest bag. These have been exceedingly popular among the sz designer set.

BBS had on in the Sailorism collection that was meant to evoke a life vest.

TVA did a whole series of backpack vests.

CCP did a leather vest bag.

Devoa did a wool iteration in 2016.

Ziggy Chen has one as well.

I know there are plenty I'm forgetting
                            I wouldn't be surprised if some techier labels like guerilla group or acronym have similar designs.

Comment

• unujnha
                              • Sep 2008

thanks HALIBUT

this bbs one is closest to what i want,
                              wish they had black version w this material
                              "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Couldn't find a thread specifically for Taichi Murakami, does anyone have showroom pics from SS19?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎