Page 746 of 747 FirstFirst ... 246646696736737738739740741742743744745746747 LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,920 of 14934

Thread: Small questions thread

Can anyone share insight into which artisanal sneakers are of really good quality? How does A1923 stand up next to James Kearns, I'm tired of Dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by woupes View Post
    Can anyone share insight into which artisanal sneakers are of really good quality? How does A1923 stand up next to James Kearns, I'm tired of Dunks.
    Both built as tanks,both use great leathers but be far from almost BBS bamba designs, they got great look but builded very weak and will not last as compared to other dark designers

Quote Originally Posted by woupes View Post
    Even on my side will recommend James Kearns, me as polite person could say there's ( connected lines) between A1923 sneakers and old CCP designs , but for James Kearns i respected him because of his aim to be one of those who try bring something new to our eyes, something second to none like Leon Emanuel Blanck and Zam Barrett

Anyone knows for how much Carpe Diem Linea Heavy Linen Shirts retailed for?

https://www.grailed.com/listings/134...nado-zip-boots

Thoughts on this listing? Overpriced or fair for the specific model (COLOR 33, CCP8)?

Would like some opinions on the current state of CCP in terms of resale as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by zachaveli View Post
    https://www.grailed.com/listings/134...nado-zip-boots

Thoughts on this listing? Overpriced or fair for the specific model (COLOR 33, CCP8)?

Would like some opinions on the current state of CCP in terms of resale as a whole.
    The rule says he could offer what he asks and you could accept or refuse, by the way the word fair don't play a good rule in avant garde market, the Rio Rio Rio bomber jacket sold used for 43K in US dollar simply Raf Simons himself wouldn't believe that

Even the CCP tornado which select is not rare too much as you imagine, you could scroll more pages and you will find one meets your funding ratio

Quote Originally Posted by darkpyramid View Post
    The rule says he could offer what he asks and you could accept or refuse, by the way the word fair don't play a good rule in avant garde market, the Rio Rio Rio bomber jacket sold used for 43K in US dollar simply Raf Simons himself wouldn't believe that

Even the CCP tornado which select is not rare too much as you imagine, you could scroll more pages and you will find one meets your funding ratio

Thank you for your thoughts. I very much agree that fair doesn't necessarily play a good rule in the avant garde market - it is too much of an objective term for items with creation processes so meticulous.

Quote Originally Posted by darkpyramid View Post
    the Rio Rio Rio bomber jacket
    Ah yes, I remember the Brasilian-themed AW01 season with its palm tree prints and straw hats. Good times!
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Any suggestion on how to ‚salvage‘ a pair of shoes that is one size too big?
    I love them very much and really want to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Do_Decor View Post
    Any suggestion on how to ‚salvage‘ a pair of shoes that is one size too big?
    I love them very much and really want to keep them.
    if its only one size, why not just wear an insole?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    if its only one size, why not just wear an insole?
    Thanks - did pretty much that today. Shoe has a 3d molded insole already that is fairly thick and very 3d (it‘s a Devoa shoe, maybe you know the thick memory foamish insoles). - So today I was looking for a flat but thick insole that could work below it and ended up ordering lamb fur soles because they were the thickest flat insoles i could find. Hope that does the trick - as they would be layered below the other soles i believe they should not heat up the feet too much.

But could make it unpleasant to walk in with all that cushion between feet and ground. I thought maybe you guys knew a better way!

You could take the Devoa insole out. Buy some stiff leather- I have some 1/4" leather that was cut for soles and is fairly stiff- trace, cut, insert then reinsert Devoa and see how it goes. A tight fit will keep the leather from sliding around. I have some too big shoes and was surprised how really thick socks fixed the problem- wool can wick moisture away from your feet and a more open weave allows air circulation. Easier than my first suggestion and you can play around with combining the two solutions.

Thank you zen dog, well you guys and I already got me back from (reluctantly trying to) sell them to experimenting to make them work somehow. This is the shoe btw

OK, maybe odd question.

I ordered a piece from Hervia (Manchester, UK), and when I got it the security tag was still attached.

Hervia said I can send it back and they will take it off, and return it to me; however, I will end up paying duty on it again when they send it back ($200 USD).

Looked at the usual videos on Youtube (burn it, crack it, freeze it, etc). I basically sawed off the top to see if I could get into the guts of it, nada.

There is not enough room between the sensor and the pin to pry it apart, pretty much flush. Also the fabric is pretty delicate.

So questions
    1) by sawing off the top, if I should happen to find a shop that can take it off, would it still be possible. E.G. have f'ed it up somehow and it's stuck on forever

2) anyone know of a shop in NYC that would amenable to doing that? I have the receipt so I can prove I paid for it. Gap, Uniqlo, Macys, etc, said they won't do it

3) barring all of that, any reccos on a master tailor in NYC? Worst case I figure I can take it to tailor and they can just open the seam and remove it

For reference it's this piece ... https://www.hervia.com/silk-organza-blazer-beige

The sensor is on along the seam of the pocket, covered by the flap
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

They should have the courtesy to arrange for a NY based fix or cover the duty.
    It was their mistake.. pretty scandalous actually, any fashion retailer should consider overseas business a sacred thing.

Technically you wouldn’t be charged duties. It wouldn’t be considered a commercial shipment - they would indicate “return / repair” on the commercial invoice. You should be fine, especially if they are covering shipments both ways. They also use DHL - so they can easily note this when shipping back to you.
    I’ve purchased from them many times and they’ve always been solid to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by haydn View Post
    Technically you wouldn’t be charged duties. It wouldn’t be considered a commercial shipment - they would indicate “return / repair” on the commercial invoice. You should be fine, especially if they are covering shipments both ways. They also use DHL - so they can easily note this when shipping back to you.
    I’ve purchased from them many times and they’ve always been solid to deal with.
    What he said. They should simply mark it as sample or some such. But perhaps Zam can fix it for you.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Can anyone share their experience with import duties from Germany to United States? I am looking at ordering from Hide(M). Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    What he said. They should simply mark it as sample or some such. But perhaps Zam can fix it for you.
    They took care of it, got a different person on the phone who was much more responsive.

They seem pretty solid!
    It's absolutely Hedious!
    shy poser

D,

you dont need to send it back, pretty easy to fix, I could but if you did already all good
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock