• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ahn View Post
    I've recently had cause to go back through my old tumblr archives, where I was most active between 2010 and 2013. That period of time represents a pinnacle for me in terms of the intersection between my heightened interest in fashion - style as a mechanism of personal expression - discovering my voice as an artist/maker.

Then for several years I felt rather buoyant and lost to it all; and I can't pinpoint why. Was it the move from desktop to handheld media consumption? Was that the final straw?

I used to engage with a niche but thriving community where we communicated by documenting the way we adorned our bodies daily. It didn't feel narcissistic, it felt like a conversation. Now I can't even bring myself to post my own face on my own instagram feed without feeling dirty.

My style has suffered. My work has suffered. I feel like these muscles have atrophied; my own sense of self has become watered down in the muddy mediocrity of the 'instagram aesthetic' - where once I could curate my own online experience, I am now choking on advertising thinly veiled as 'recommended content' by the algorithm that never seems to successfully integrate with what I'd genuinely be interested in, instead suffocating what's left of my creative spirit in it's homogeneity.

The things that used to galvanize me now make me weary.
    No wonder I'm tired all the time.
    A lot of people who have a soul feel that way these days, just so you know :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Does anybody know which Rick leather "LMV" is?
      All I could find is "calf", but this one (right) looks thicker than the regular calf (left).
      Any help is appreciated.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I honestly think it's the same shoe, but I could be wrong. They are amazing! I want.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

I think the leather on the right ones looks a tad thicker and sturdier.

EDIT:

Left one’s LCW (heavy calf)
          right one’s LMV (???)
          Last edited by Nickefuge; 07-11-2019, 10:45 AM.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• XIX
            • Nov 2016

Creepers have had some incredible leather in recent seasons. LMV is a stiff pebbled calf leather used in SS18 Dirt. Compared to the traditional LCW (which stretches out noticeably over time), LMV will be pretty heavy duty.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by XIX View Post
              Creepers have had some incredible leather in recent seasons. LMV is a stiff pebbled calf leather used in SS18 Dirt. Compared to the traditional LCW (which stretches out noticeably over time), LMV will be pretty heavy duty.
              Thank you!
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

Do silk jersey raw hems fray? Or do they instead just roll up like cotton jersey? Contemplating finally cutting this model height length Rick tank

Comment

• rosycruz
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2019

Does anyone know if these fit TTS or if I should size down, Ive heard they run big, but its quite conflicting information given to me by people selling them online and the actual RO store.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                    Do silk jersey raw hems fray? Or do they instead just roll up like cotton jersey? Contemplating finally cutting this model height length Rick tank
                    Good question. I think they fray and don't roll up. But I wouldn't cut it without putting a seam through it. Zam will know more.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by rosycruz View Post

Does anyone know if these fit TTS or if I should size down, Ive heard they run big, but its quite conflicting information given to me by people selling them online and the actual RO store.
                      I recently picked up a pair of the Ramones socks and while they are the same length as the regular iteration, the stretchy fabric on top of the foot doesn’t keep the foot in place as much as a regular shoe. My best bet would be to size down half a size if you can.
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• haydn
                        • Feb 2013

Has anyone had a chance to try on the larry "Kiss" boots yet? If so - thoughts?

Was at the palais royal shop last month and they had only received the womens at that point, but the sa said they had tried on the mens in the showroom and were super comfortable.

Still trying to determine if this is a must have that i'll covet, or just me fantasizing about being a rockstar knowing i'll never wear them in public.

Comment

• zen dog
                          • Jan 2014

ahn: I keep meaning to respond, to keep your eloquent, if painful thoughts from dissipating into the internet either.I'll take this over-caffeinated moment to say something rather than wait for getting my thoughts together to do your thoughts justice.

First, I still remember your passionate, clear comments about your response to Rick Owens. Never got around to acknowledging that.

Since I try to stay away from too much internet activity, I felt my shared exhaustion with you was based on two slightly different but linked situations. I've found time's passage ( different or a better spin on getting older), if lived consciously, brings with it an understanding of how one acts in the world, a grasp, a familiarity that initial passion ignores or hasn't seen yet.

Getting excited about clothing is a relationship. My above comments could be a romantic interest or infatuation with a person and an excitement, love of something can follow the same arc as with a person. "Familiarity brings contempt" is a bit strong but all of the online possibilities of interaction certainly allow one to do their best to turn that embrace into a strangle hold and then wonder why they've ended up with something lifeless in their arms. (Side note: that is why I hate to see something become popular- on the heels of popularity is fatigue and dismissal. Far better to stay just below the radar.)

Your response and understanding of the players is being recognized more and more as the cause of unhappiness in people who initially used all these formats as ways of connection and expression. Media detox seems like a good start and what better way to heal than in the comforting folds of black? Years ago, YY beautifully talked about his voluminous clothing was about protection and black wasn't about nothing, but about everything. It seems to me, if you turn on the light in your closet, you may find friends welcoming you :-)

OK, this playful romp has turned into a bit of a mess, it's 4:45am and all this thinking has made me lose my buzz . Easier to reply to attacks, questions than put on my hip waders or HIP waders and stride back into this stream of consciousness or steaming pile of consciousness.

zen dog say "what is the sound of one leg lifting?"

Comment

• XIX
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                            I recently picked up a pair of the Ramones socks and while they are the same length as the regular iteration, the stretchy fabric on top of the foot doesn’t keep the foot in place as much as a regular shoe. My best bet would be to size down half a size if you can.
                            The DS and mainline oblique socks run snug and very TTS. The synthetic fabric composition is not as stretchy as you might think, and more built for durability. It’s quite unlike the difficult Ramone sock sizing, I initially went down a half size and had to return. For the post-Adidas oblique runners TTS is likely going to be your best bet.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                              Has anyone had a chance to try on the larry "Kiss" boots yet? If so - thoughts?

Was at the palais royal shop last month and they had only received the womens at that point, but the sa said they had tried on the mens in the showroom and were super comfortable.

Still trying to determine if this is a must have that i'll covet, or just me fantasizing about being a rockstar knowing i'll never wear them in public.
                              fwiw they are platforms not really heels if anyone is wondering about that, they are pretty comfortable, id try to cop asap because they are going to be rare for FW19, but id only suggest the RR version not the RU
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

Wtf is this shit
                                How many references do I have to get to not hate this?

-Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎