Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ihsniim
    • Sep 2015

Does anyone know of any dye experts or businesses that offer garment dyeing services? Preferably around the San Francisco Bay Area in California, but if they are further but would allow me to ship the item to them, that would work too. The dye job I want to do is a bit particular and seems complex to me, so I don't think I would be able to do it on my own as I wouldn't know where to start.

Comment

• stagename
      • Oct 2011

Haha, no worries DG. I hadn't think of N&F. Was never big on them but they have pairs with stretch so I'll have a look. thanks!

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      is the crotch too low on P11?

I always just wear jeans with strech when I ride a bike. I got tired of being picky with brands when it comes to denim, plenty of options
      The pattern makes it a bit weird and with the number of p11 and p13 online with crotch blowouts I just don't want to prematurely destroy them, I'm not enough of a baller ;) I'm leaning towards that as well.

Thanks all!

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ihsniim View Post
        Does anyone know of any dye experts or businesses that offer garment dyeing services? Preferably around the San Francisco Bay Area in California, but if they are further but would allow me to ship the item to them, that would work too. The dye job I want to do is a bit particular and seems complex to me, so I don't think I would be able to do it on my own as I wouldn't know where to start.
        Pinned on top of this forum. I guess I should keep bumping it since people don't seem to see it?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
          Okay maybe that will sound like the most ridiculous question but it seems I'll start to do a lot of cycling from mid-summer onward. Now I wear P11 (which don't seem to be cycling friendly) or swingers almost exclusively and I'm looking for alternatives that will look like something that I would normally wear but that could take extensive wear due to cycling. Veilance doesn't fit me, outlier looks a bit too simple for me ... Any thoughts?

the "weightless" DNA Jeans for the upcoming SS17 season may be perfect for you

a shade under 9 ounces in total weight, made of 63% Cotton// 32% Polyester and 5% elastin.

its incredibly light, very durable and with 5% Stretch very comfortable
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Halibut
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by stagename View Post
            I'm looking for alternatives that will look like something that I would normally wear but that could take extensive wear due to cycling.
            I cycle in my Devoa jeans pretty frequently. The anatomic cut moves well and the legs are tight enough that nothing gets caught on the cycle. I just ride around town and commute though. Obviously for serious road cycling I'll wear real cycling gear.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

Can someone explain me why some brands are not on the official fashion show schedule, but are having a show? In the current Paris FW for instance there are some brands that will have a show, but I can't find the on the schedule from modeaparis.com.
              Is it because they applied too late to be on the schedule? Or is it a money thing, since these are mostly smaller brands/labels?

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

From my understanding (this is just hearsay), the federation that operates the official agenda is rather stuck up and bureaucratic so there are plenty of things during fashion week that are not part of the official schedule.

Modemonline covers plenty of the "unofficial" events
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

What lowrey said
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stagename
                    • Oct 2011

I thought this piece on the subject was interesting

Comment

• Aguinaldo
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                      the "weightless" DNA Jeans for the upcoming SS17 season may be perfect for you

a shade under 9 ounces in total weight, made of 63% Cotton// 32% Polyester and 5% elastin.

its incredibly light, very durable and with 5% Stretch very comfortable

I need a piece to match with that leather
                      ill analyze

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                        • Sep 2015

I did a search but nothing came up, so I'll just ask: Anyone ever shopped with Tessabit?
                        They have a piece I'm looking for but was wondering if people had good experiences with them.

Edited to add: Thanks, Lowrey. That's the sort of info I was looking for.
                        Last edited by jurassicsnark; 03-03-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I bought something from there through Farfetch, no issues. Don't have any experience with their own online store, but I imagine it works just fine, it's an established group of stores.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

could someone in the UK help me with a simple package forwarding? just needs to be received from a UK store and shipped onwards, preferably with Royal Mail

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              could someone in the UK help me with a simple package forwarding? just needs to be received from a UK store and shipped onwards, preferably with Royal Mail
                              If you're not in a rush, I have a friend coming to visit the US from London in early April. He'd almost certainly be willing to bring it to the States, and is be happy to post it the rest of the way. Just PM me if interested.

Comment

• zen dog
                                • Jan 2014

Maybe a better place for this, but, I've fallen in love with Biek Verstappen's work. So far our relationship has only been online. Anybody own or handle her pieces?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎