X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KeijiHaino
    • Dec 2006

Re: DRKSHDW

of the two young new yorkers, do we like patrick ervell or adam kimmel? oe neither.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

based on quality - adam. based on creativity - neither. my opinion. casem will tell you otherwise, and he may be right. the important thing is what you think.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

i'm very familiar w adam's clothes, and the approach is utilitarian, everyday, baggy, huge arms, huge cuts. its hard for me to adjust to it after wearing ccp, but he's got some good pieces and the quality is super good, tempering the designs which are redux and not too clever. he's a straight ahead rough guy working man artist guy dude.

if you're not a slim guy, you might find this stuff really suits you...

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
          • Dec 2006

i personally like adam's way better but it's just harder to find for me.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]i personally like adam's way better but it's just harder to find for me.[/quote]

Bergdorf Goodman, sale time, you will feel like pig in shit.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KeijiHaino
              • Dec 2006

lol

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                • Dec 2006

Re: begs

can anyone give any alternatives to guidi type bags? and where to find online. (expensive leather, not too shiny)

Comment

• Real Real
                  • Feb 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

i'm very familiar w adam's clothes, and the approach is utilitarian, everyday, baggy, huge arms, huge cuts. its hard for me to adjust to it after wearing ccp, but he's got some good pieces and the quality is super good, tempering the designs which are redux and not too clever. he's a straight ahead rough guy working man artist guy dude.

if you're not a slim guy, you might find this stuff really suits you...

[/quote]

The quality is pretty good, but not good enough to justify the prices...and there isn't enough "design" there to justify the prices, either. The clothing that's unique - linen jumpsuits, etc... - no one carries. I tried e-mailing the website to find out how much this season's gray linen jumpsuit costs (I like jumpsuits, I don't know), but no one wrote me back.

Comment

• soultek
                    • Feb 2007

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]can anyone give any alternatives to guidi type bags? and where to find online. (expensive leather, not too shiny)[/quote]

Margiela does some great leather bags from time to time. (specifically there were some from FW 07 that I liked)

You'd probably have to find these on ebay or Yoox.

Comment

• soultek
                      • Feb 2007

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]of the two young new yorkers, do we like patrick ervell or adam kimmel? oe neither.[/quote]

Personally, I never got Kimmel's clothes. Ervell to me is more interesting design wise, but I still think he has to grow as a designer a bit more. Essentially this means that I don't think his clothes are worth the money. I have an Ervell jacket from 2 seasons ago and the quality is just okay. Maybe the current season is better, but I haven't checked it out enough.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                        • Dec 2006

yeah, that's my problem with both of them-the quality. it seems both use okay fabrics but charge more than okay fabrics prices.
                        i am really tempted to buy from both but the fabrics just arent worth it for the money. i've actually opted to not buy from either...still wanting
                        something new this season to come along and blow me away, cause daddy wants to purchase, but lately most stuff is just blah from everybody-so it's back to buying more cologne i don't need and another bag or two.

Comment

• Real Real
                          • Feb 2007

Kimmel needs to get his quality up to 45rpm level (or work with them for production). It seems like he's trying to work with the same niche as 45rpm, just with a different aesthetic. Way things are right now, though, I just don't get it.

Also - Kimmel's fabrics are good, for what he's trying to do. The problem is that his construction is not good enough to make his stuff covetable or to justify the prices he's charging. If he's going to make a dinner jacket out of sweatshirt material, cut it correctly, give it bespoke-level detailing (at the level of what Thom Browne is doing), and then charge a semi-reasonable price for it, because the fabric cost him a couple of bucks. He's not doing that.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]can anyone give any alternatives to guidi type bags? and where to find online. (expensive leather, not too shiny)[/quote]

If you can find them, Julius bags are really quite something... they show up on Yahoo pretty regularly. Expect to pay in the $400-700 range for them but they look really nice!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Jas M.B.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pbt
                                • Jan 2007

Re: OS X trix

Any fellow os x users tell me what browser I need to be using/ what I need to do to in order to:

1. Copy images into body of email

2. Create a hypertext link?

I can do all of the above on PC but firefox/safari on OS X shut me down.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎