Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Northern
    • Feb 2017

Thank you for the quick reply, much apprecited!

Comment

• Halibut
      • Sep 2014

I've been looking at this new designer named Saddam Teissy and his stuff is extremely reminiscent of Poell's work, particularly the leathers and taped seam coats. I'm not a ccp expert and don't own anything from him but Teissy's stuff seems almost like a rip off. Does anyone know if he worked for Poell or something? I didn't want to make a new thread since I don't have much info.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
        I've been looking at this new designer named Saddam Teissy and his stuff is extremely reminiscent of Poell's work, particularly the leathers and taped seam coats. I'm not a ccp expert and don't own anything from him but Teissy's stuff seems almost like a rip off. Does anyone know if he worked for Poell or something? I didn't want to make a new thread since I don't have much info.
        yes, pleny of CCP rip offs there. The blazers have the same cut with sharp shoulders and an accentuated sleeve head roll, similar lapel shape and low button stance etc. obviously the taped seams, gloved sleeves, cuts of the leather and details such as the peaked pockets and open cuffs, the attached lining on one of the coats, the leather vest especially paired with a leather jacket, and so on.

And yea, you could say designers like BBS have used a lot of similar elements and even knocked off Poell in some cases, but context matters and if your entire body of work is based on that of someone else's, it's not just influence.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gawkrodger
          • Jun 2013

I just clicked through and literally winced when I saw the lookbook.

Comment

• richard_cao
            • Mar 2016

Currently manage to get my first pair of CCP boots. One-piece prosthetic is what on my mind right now. But I'm struggling between u-sole version and regular sole version. Which ones do you guys prefer?

Never dress down.

Comment

• richard_cao
              • Mar 2016

Or should I get a pair of classic tornado first?
              Never dress down.

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

Tornadoes. The others mentioned are more like art works rather than practical daily shoes. Be prepared to have conversations about your shoes every five minutes if you wear the u-sole prosthetics.

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by richard_cao View Post
                  Or should I get a pair of classic tornado first?
                  You are asking the forum to make a personal fashion decision for you without anyone knowing anything about you or you style.

If your daily life wear can include u-sole prosthetic or prosthetic boots then by all means style and wear it. I for example wear my classic ccp all the time and wouldn't want people to stare at a u-sole or metal pieces sticking out. It really depends on how extreme your day to day fashion is. If you plan to wear these once in a while with a special outfit that too defeats the purpose of having this piece.

My 2c is buy the one you will wear hard and enjoy, not stare at.

Comment

• richard_cao
                    • Mar 2016

Thanks guys!
                    Never dress down.

Comment

• oulipien
                      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                      You are asking the forum to make a personal fashion decision for you without anyone knowing anything about you or you style.

… If you plan to wear these once in a while with a special outfit that too defeats the purpose of having this piece.
                      How so? The second sentiment seems at odds with the first, anyway.

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by oulipien View Post
                        How so? The second sentiment seems at odds with the first, anyway.
                        maybe i'll be more more explicit next time. but it was my way of telling him you need to make your own decision but if I were to make a decision for you, here it is...

Comment

• hullabaloo
                          • Sep 2015

Anybody own this jacket? would you be able to tell me how it fits. Tia.

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

I have a regular next Intarsia and I'd say TTS, this one may need a bit bigger size cuz of the lining. I normally wear 48 in clothing and I take a 50 in rick jackets

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

In regards to the Intarsia shearling sizing, I am also a size 48 and typically wear size 50/L for Rick leathers, but when I tried that particular shearling, the 50 felt too tight as he fur is quite thick and was more comfortable in a 52. Still kicking myself for not buying it too.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Saddam teissy is two Japanese guys, i went to the showroom, if you think that it looks CCP there wait til you see it in real life. (key word : looks)

They showed next to our boy reo ma
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎