X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Davie
    • Nov 2007

Re: Small questions thread

Where can I get Drkshdw white jeans? Are they waxed and how much??

Comment

• m.inya
      • Feb 2008

[quote user="Davie"]Where can I get Drkshdw white jeans? Are they waxed and how much??
      [/quote]At Barneys, or any other number of Drkshdw retailers. They're not really "white", actually blue bleached out to a nearly-white color, and iirc they aren't waxed. They are $395 everywhere I have seen them for sale.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

at barneys in nyc they're 410. interesting, i didn't know that they are blue
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

I usually wear a white tee, I use MJK bamboo mix v-necks and Uniqlo. Uniqlo are thick enough and fully satisfy my need of generic looking white tees.
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• gerry
            • Feb 2008

One of those questions which probably has an obvious answer:

What defines a label (in both menswear and womenswear) as streetwear as opposed to high-fashion?

For example, what would Number (N)ine be considered? And how does the definition of either relate to diffusion and bridge lines, if at all?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

good question, and maybe not so small! I think that it has to do with several different things that overlap, and that's why it's harder to define rather than experience. For example

1) What it is. Streetwear is mostly jeans, tshirts, hoodies, and sneakers. Of course, there is an obvious overlap, that is a fairly recent phenomenon. I think it results from men now willing to pay a premium in order to look casual, hence a rush of designers to make the aforementioned items. Still, you won't find tailored stuff and boots/shoes in streetwear (with a few exceptions, I guess). One of the things I love about designer clothes is that you can so easily dress it up and down, often by simply changing a single item, and sometimes even changing one's perception.

2) Where it comes from. Some streetwear has its roots in cultures of skateboarding, surfing, rap, whatever (sorry to sound like a clueless academic here, lol). Usually designers have a more personal point of view rather than a broad cultural one - it is their own interpretation of culture, as opposed to a mere reflection.

3) What it's made of. This is self-evident, although again there is an overlap. That's where Number (N)ine comes in, I guess - their stuff is well made, usually from luxurious materials (good wool, cashmere, cotton/cashmere, etc).

4) Where it's sold. This is pretty obvious, and I am putting it in simply to draw a clearer picture.

I am sure others will chime in with a different perspective.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• wild_whiskey
                • Oct 2006

I also think "high fashion" isn't the only other option in the case. High fashion, at least how I perceive it, requires some level of acceptance and history in the fashion world. For example, I personally don't see Number (N)ine high fashion, but Yohji, Jil or Margiela I do.

It seems like the overlap these days with high-end brands is quite strong. N(N), Robert Gellar and, say Band of Outsiders feel very much like streetwear brands to me in their market presence and what is sold, and how it's worn. The same goes for many of the popular Japanese brands, like Attachment, Julius, Lounge Lizard, Lithium Homme, Lad Musician, etc. etc.

CCP, Amadei's stuff, Maison Martin Margiela, I'm not quite sure what to group them in myself. Generally the only thought that goes through my head is "expensive."

The end result as I figure it, is just that the current fashion world is being affected much like music has in recent years, where tons of genres overlap into a (sometimes) cohesive whole. I don't know what you'd call it. Blog-ninjas?

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

What are people's experience with fedex and customs? I just got a bill for 112 bux for a LV purchase I made for 880 bux. Ridiculous.

Comment

• jay
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="mesh"]

What are people's experience with fedex and customs? I just got a bill for 112 bux for a LV purchase I made for 880 bux. Ridiculous.

[/quote]

HORRIBLE! I received merchandise from Italy all the time and pay out the behind EVERY TIME! Plus, the package is rarely received in PERFECT condition and they have even had to call me several times.

Comment

• Joe
                      • Jun 2007

Re: Help with this sizing!

Im really unsure of the sizing of YY and Y's shirts. Have worn everything from 46 in CCP to 50 in some Acne shirts. But guess im a medium (a larger medium, have wide shoulders but fairly slim). Should I pick 50 in the shirts or a 48, dont mind a bit loose shirts, but hate when they feel tooloose in the sleeves.

also these:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/COMME+...s/searchResult

Theyare fairlycheap, and Icould use somemore pants - Not sure if a 32'' could pull of medium in CDG (completely new territory for me).

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

Anyone have experience with the label "FQ R"? Hows the quality? I'm thinking about picking up some trousers. Also if anyone has info on the sizing (L/XL) let me know :)
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Joe"]

Im really unsure of the sizing of YY and Y's shirts. Have worn everything from 46 in CCP to 50 in some Acne shirts. But guess im a medium (a larger medium, have wide shoulders but fairly slim). Should I pick 50 in the shirts or a 48, dont mind a bit loose shirts, but hate when they feel tooloose in the sleeves.

also these:

http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/COMME+des+GARÇONS+HOMME+PLUS/tskay/5AD08E3B/rr/1/cod10/360729781L/areaid/36/sts/searchResult

Theyare fairlycheap, and Icould use somemore pants - Not sure if a 32'' could pull of medium in CDG (completely new territory for me).

[/quote]

48 for sure. 50 will be way too big.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Joe
                            • Jun 2007

Thanks alot, does that apply for the pants also? :)

Comment

• pbt
                              • Jan 2007

Post(redirect to PM)replaced by actual Small Questions Question (addressed to Canadian brothers and sisters):

Anyone happen to have the URL for the import tarriff schedule for garments with duty broken down by fabric? Had it, lost it, can't recover it now.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="pbt"]

Post(redirect to PM)replaced by actual Small Questions Question (addressed to Canadian brothers and sisters):

Anyone happen to have the URL for the import tarriff schedule for garments with duty broken down by fabric? Had it, lost it, can't recover it now.

[/quote]

Funny you should say this - my wife is studying the US ones - it's f-ing insane - the books are like a gazzilion pages.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎