Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monoral
    • Mar 2014

is it normal for rick owens shoes to have very sharp chemical smells to them?

The shoes were bought brand new from 2 different retailers.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
      • Apr 2013

like a vanilla smell?

or a different kind of smell
      Originally posted by unwashed
      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
      Originally posted by Ahimsa
      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

Like leather mix with house-paint-on-a-hot-day (the closest i can think of)

very sharp and noticeable... Stink up my doorway and the wife started to complain now.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
          Like leather mix with house-paint-on-a-hot-day (the closest i can think of)

very sharp and noticeable... Stink up my doorway and the wife started to complain now.
          Could be the glue.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monoral
            • Mar 2014

I left both of em in my garage over night and the smell has been somewhat reduced. I'm gonna let them stays there until the smell is gone.

Comment

• goldsamxo
              • Jan 2017

Is it the newest / transparent models? I was at Atelier when they received their shipment, and they made the store smell like death. Have heard from people that fabrication / model(s) have incredibly strong chemical smells (outside of the concentration I smelt at the store) -> so it just might be the treatment or fabrications (if it is those models).
              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Avalon
                • Sep 2017

All I know is my Rick leather shoes smells so good, I want it bottled.
                Originally posted by Faust
                Boots. Always, boots.

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
                  Is it the newest / transparent models? I was at Atelier when they received their shipment, and they made the store smell like death. Have heard from people that fabrication / model(s) have incredibly strong chemical smells (outside of the concentration I smelt at the store) -> so it just might be the treatment or fabrications (if it is those models).
                  Clear sole yes, both of em

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

I have a pair of heavily waxed Rick Owens jeans and a creme-coloured have linen sofa.
                    Do you think the jeans will bleed on it and if so, can this be prevented by washing them or will they keep bleeding?
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Jeroenr
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      I have a pair of heavily waxed Rick Owens jeans and a creme-coloured have linen sofa.
                      Do you think the jeans will bleed on it and if so, can this be prevented by washing them or will they keep bleeding?
                      I think they'll bleed. I have a pair too and they even bleed on my lighter colored shoes. Washed my jeans a lot of times in the machine.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        I've never had that problem.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamooon
                          • Jun 2015

Bought a couple of years ago some Geobasket at an UK-online-shop and the horrible smell of these sneakers didn't go away even after a week, never had any sneakers smelling so badly, got headache from it and even I am aware of chemicals used, i had to return this pair of shoes. Later on I was thinking that i maybe got fake-ones not being produced in one of the factories where the original ones are made, so maybe cheaper materials, cheaper glue, cheaper rubber has been used causing this smell: When i was in Tokyo i got my hands on similar Geobaskets and took a sniff and they just smelled like usually a new pair of shoes do smell, so that's what did cause my guess i maybe got not the real ones. But seems unlikely that you got fake ones from two different retailers, to be honest....

Comment

• Lex1017
                            • Jul 2015

All my sneakers smelled like vanilla out of the box. Mind you I haven't purchased any pairs in the last few seasons. The manufacturing process may have changed. Never had an issue with the scent being overpowering.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

When I was a teenager I bought a black Tommy Hilfiger leather bag that smelled like a dead fish. It got so bad, at school I had to leave it outside of the classroom.
                              I left it on the balcony for a week straight and the smell disappeared.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• supercilious
                                • Apr 2014

What do the guts of YYPH suits look like? Do they have similar construction to trad. tailoring? Canvassing etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎