Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LilL.FASH
    • Jul 2012

I'm looking at a pair of Devoa derbies and was just wondering about what the quality is like in terms of materials and finishing in comparison to what I have already (Augusta, MA+, Guidi)?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by LilL.FASH View Post
      I'm looking at a pair of Devoa derbies and was just wondering about what the quality is like in terms of materials and finishing in comparison to what I have already (Augusta, MA+, Guidi)?
      Better QC (i.e. more consistent) than Guidi, at least as good construction as M.A+. Quality of materials is good. Not sure if this is an issue with the newer models since I only own old derbies, but I find the heel cup too short.

Comment

• devour
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
        Figured.
        Kind of annoying when you get ignored on email replys.
        Sent an email about custom order (already ordered it in december) a week ago, sent the same question couple days back.
        Havent heard anything from him.
        Sometimes the mail ends up in the wrong folder and goes unnoticed, such as Junk for whatever reason. Maybe you should try to DM him / Whatsapp him just in-case.

Comment

• nvsnli
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by devour View Post
          Sometimes the mail ends up in the wrong folder and goes unnoticed, such as Junk for whatever reason. Maybe you should try to DM him / Whatsapp him just in-case.
          He replied, everything is in order.
          Before he replied lighting fast so i was figuring maybe i missed something that they are closed a bit or something because i did not get reply.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
            • Oct 2015

Can anyone give a little insight about Ramie fabric? I've been doing a little research myself but I would like to get some personalized input. The garment I'm planning on buying is 100% Ramie.

Comment

• Nestor
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by SLP Harness Boots View Post
              After looking through the subforums and their headings, I couldn't find a section that seemed appropriate in asking for an garment ID. Hopefully it is appropriate here.

I'd love to know the name of this boot—and where might one buy it, however, unlikely it is to come across it now. It is featured in an Undercover feature, so good chance it's by them.

Thank you.

https://process.fs.grailed.com/AJdAg...7fQfqmPLeBwZLr
              Undercover Engineer boots 06 or 07 I believe

Comment

• Coming
                • Sep 2013

Hi all

Does anyone have any advice for washing or dry cleaning a CCP blazer? (taped seams and all)

I was thinking about hand washing in cold water with some very mild detergent, and then using a hand steamer to get the wrinkles out as I don't trust dry cleaners at the best of times (and especially not with unusual fabrics and construction)

Is this a stupid idea?

I have read on the internet of people doing this with traditional tailored jackets

Comment

• julian_doe
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Coming View Post
                  Hi all

Does anyone have any advice for washing or dry cleaning a CCP blazer? (taped seams and all)

I was thinking about hand washing in cold water with some very mild detergent, and then using a hand steamer to get the wrinkles out as I don't trust dry cleaners at the best of times (and especially not with unusual fabrics and construction)

Is this a stupid idea?

I have read on the internet of people doing this with traditional tailored jackets
                  Don't hand wash. Ever.

Go to the most experienced dry cleaner in town, or use steam if you just need to remove wrinkles.

Comment

• Alan
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
                    Can anyone give a little insight about Ramie fabric? I've been doing a little research myself but I would like to get some personalized input. The garment I'm planning on buying is 100% Ramie.
                    The wiki page on ramie is quite informative. But I'll quote to make it easier:

Ramie is one of the strongest natural fibers. It exhibits even greater strength when wet. Ramie fiber is known especially for its ability to hold shape, reduce wrinkling, and introduce a silky lustre to the fabric appearance. It is not as durable as other fibers, and so is usually used as a blend with other fibers such as cotton or wool. It is similar to linen in absorbency, density and microscopic appearance. However it will not dye as well as cotton. Because of its high molecular crystallinity, ramie is stiff and brittle and will break if folded repeatedly in the same place; it lacks resiliency and is low in elasticity and elongation potential.
                    I have a pair of 100% ramie pants; the fabric feels more fluid and has more sheen than cotton. To put it simply: ramie is like upgraded, more luxurious kinda cotton.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      The wiki page on ramie is quite informative. But I'll quote to make it easier:

I have a pair of 100% ramie pants; the fabric feels more fluid and has more sheen than cotton. To put it simply: ramie is like upgraded, more luxurious kinda cotton.
                      That's interesting to hear, because in my experience 100% ramie is very stiff and once it's creased, it's creased. I would stay away from a 100% ramie garment, but would be comfortable with a blend.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                        • Oct 2015

Alan - Thanks you kindly for providing more information. I did some research myself but the information was conflicting. Some info that I read had me under the impression that Ramie fabric is very stiff then some info is the same as what you shared. I guess it will depend on a lot of factors like quality, fabric weight, etc.

Faust - Unfortunately I already pulled the trigger on the purchase so now I will just have to wait and see the garment for myself. Its the LEB aviator (link below).

The Archive SF is a San Francisco men's fashion boutique where you can find progressive and unique dark fashion designs. Discover emerging brands—learn more!

Comment

• Alan
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          That's interesting to hear, because in my experience 100% ramie is very stiff and once it's creased, it's creased. I would stay away from a 100% ramie garment, but would be comfortable with a blend.
                          Hmm, I just checked my label again, and it definitely says 100% ramie, no blend. The two hakamas that I own, one is 100% cotton, the other 100% ramie. The latter has more fluidity imo. Or could just be the majestic wind :D

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
                          Alan - Thanks you kindly for providing more information. I did some research myself but the information was conflicting. Some info that I read had me under the impression that Ramie fabric is very stiff then some info is the same as what you shared. I guess it will depend on a lot of factors like quality, fabric weight, etc.

Faust - Unfortunately I already pulled the trigger on the purchase so now I will just have to wait and see the garment for myself. Its the LEB aviator (link below).

https://archivesf.com/collections/le...aviator-jacket
                          The info is conflicting probably because its softness also depends on the kind of treatment, thickness, etc. I think with ramie, the thicker, the stiffer. Looking at the pictures of that jacket, it doesn't appear to be incredibly soft, but I could be wrong and hope I am. Report back when you receive it. I'm curious.
                          Last edited by Alan; 08-16-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I wonder if yours has been treated. I am thinking raw ramie perhaps.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alan
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I wonder if yours has been treated. I am thinking raw ramie perhaps.
                              Just like linen, ramie can have varying degrees of softness. Treatment being one of the factors is very likely, as I mentioned earlier.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                                • Oct 2015

It will be interesting to get a feel for it in person. I actually wouldn't mind a little bit of stiffness and creasing.. I think the stiffness and creasing will cause it to age well, like raw denim. I was a bit concerned because I read that due to stiffness the creases will break over time...Yikes. I'll be sure to update you all when I get my hands on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎