Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hon
    • Dec 2017

Most of the time I inquire to a seller about Ann Demeulemeester they (and myself) are unable to identify the season. Obviously, I have come across a few pre-2012 items but not many whatsoever. Was just wondering perhaps if there was something like Endyma for Ann D..

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Hon View Post
      Hey everybody,
      Anybody have any idea where I can find some Archival Ann D? This could obviously be in the “help finding” forum but I’m not looking for anything in particular, just pre-2012 Ann D when she was at her house wholeheartedly. I’ve scoured eBay for months, and being a tad unfamiliar with Archival Ann is a shame for me because a lot of eBay listings have vague descriptions lacking the information I need to date the piece, which means surely i’ve missed some gems from Ann herself. Thanks all.
      My closet
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Hon View Post
        Hey everybody,
        Anybody have any idea where I can find some Archival Ann D? This could obviously be in the “help finding” forum but I’m not looking for anything in particular, just pre-2012 Ann D when she was at her house wholeheartedly. I’ve scoured eBay for months, and being a tad unfamiliar with Archival Ann is a shame for me because a lot of eBay listings have vague descriptions lacking the information I need to date the piece, which means surely i’ve missed some gems from Ann herself. Thanks all.
        Keep an eye out on TheRealReal. I've picked up quite a bit of older season Ann, Rick and even quite a few gems from CdG and Undercover. If you know what to look for, and you have good timing this site will make you very happy.

Comment

• Hon
          • Dec 2017

Noted rider, thank you. A while ago when I was heavily into Raf, I thoroughly perused archives of his work, found my favorites, and began to wait to see if one was ever listed for sale. Using Ann’s book, I could identify my favorite pieces from her runway looks. Ultimately the question is this: If I can find some of my favorite Raf pieces for sale over the years, is it worth identifying my all time Ann D grails in hopes one will get listed? I was ultimately focused on Raf’s work from 2000-2006; however, for Ann my main focus is 1990s to around 2005. This is a much larger time gap for Ann’s work, meaning it most likely will be more difficult to truly see some collector’s items. Obviously I have some pieces of Ann’s in my head but like my tenure researching Raf, I want to be completely immersed in her work, seeing all of it. To continue, my concerns with this matter are getting attached to an ancient Ann piece and it never even coming up for sale again, that’s all. Would love to hear from any OG members, especially female Ann D enthusiasts, how has it been collecting vintage Ann D over the years?

Comment

• Williebabzan
            • Jul 2008

Sizing on Haider Ackermann slim fiting trousers? I am a tall skinny guy (187 cm, ~70 kg). And I don't know whether I am a Medium or a Small.

Comment

• Hon
              • Dec 2017

Pants to go with black CCP boots? I just bought a pair of Julius cargo pants as an experiment; however, I’m feeling a change still. Considering Deepti, CCP, Ann D, and also just a bland pair of black pants.

Comment

• bootsndpants
                • Jun 2017

julius cargo pants w/tornados? if thats the case i'd skip that. Zam Barett or any maker who makes J jeans/pants can work. Attachment, Ziggy Chen, Taich, BBS, RO all come to mind.

Comment

• tstormk
                  • Sep 2015

hello everyone, i am looking to buy my first pair of guidi 988 boots and i’m in doubt in regards to sizing. i’m a size 43 (feet being 27.5cm long) and i have found two options - one size 44 and one 43.

the insole on the size 43 is 27.5cm and the insole on the 44 is 28cm. i have read that 988’s are supposed to fit very tight at first and then stretch to fit the wearer’s feet, but i’m unsure how tight they should be. does anyone have any advice in regards to which boot i should buy? thanks!

Comment

• stagename
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by tstormk View Post
                    hello everyone, i am looking to buy my first pair of guidi 988 boots and i’m in doubt in regards to sizing. i’m a size 43 (feet being 27.5cm long) and i have found two options - one size 44 and one 43.

the insole on the size 43 is 27.5cm and the insole on the 44 is 28cm. i have read that 988’s are supposed to fit very tight at first and then stretch to fit the wearer’s feet, but i’m unsure how tight they should be. does anyone have any advice in regards to which boot i should buy? thanks!
                    Sizing up 1 is usually the recommended advice. My 988 are 45, I'm a 44 and they fit just right.

Comment

• nvsnli
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by tstormk View Post

Mine are 44 and i have to wear insoles, i wear usually US 10.5 from Nike.
                      Hope that helps.

Comment

• tstormk
                        • Sep 2015

thanks for the answers, stagename and nvsnli. when you initially got your boot, how much room in the toebox would you say you had? how much did the boots stretch, and how long did it take?

Comment

• RK1
                          • May 2013

Wasn't there once a thread with old iconic fits from renowned members of the board?

I am searching for those pictures, hoping to use them as inspirations for someone I know who is struggling with herself at the moment (that's a long story and also private at that, but just wanted to give a vague reasoning)

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by RK1 View Post
                            Wasn't there once a thread with old iconic fits from renowned members of the board?

I am searching for those pictures, hoping to use them as inspirations for someone I know who is struggling with herself at the moment (that's a long story and also private at that, but just wanted to give a vague reasoning)
                            Assuming you mean this thread? http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...5-Hall-of-Fame

Though a lot of image links are broken at this point.

Comment

• RK1
                              • May 2013

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                              Assuming you mean this thread? http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...5-Hall-of-Fame

Though a lot of image links are broken at this point.

I did, yes. Thank you very much.

Comment

• keipo
                                • Aug 2017

Hey all. This may seem stupid to a few of you, but how do you wash your expensive tees/shirts/sweaters etc? Is it safe to throw in the laundry machine or should I only hand wash? (E.g. regular DRKSHDW tees and stuff)
                                Been slowly building a better wardrobe and hand washed everything, but would like some more input.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎