Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smudge
    • Jul 2012

Have you considered Inaisce wind walkers?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by smudge View Post
      Have you considered Inaisce wind walkers?
      Not a fan of them. Papery leather, at least the ones I had. Sole was very soft feeling.

Originally posted by matglenn View Post
      I have seen Marsell do some slip on footwear that I have enjoyed. Especially this pair of loafers, not sure what they are called exactly but the silhouette is nice.
      I'll check them out, thanks.

Originally posted by stagename View Post
      I've been wanting something like this for ages, just have no idea what I would them with, I'd be curious to hear about this... Tapered lightweight pants?
      suit, lightweight pants, wide pants, shorts... most anything except winter gear?
      Last edited by Lohikaarme; 01-04-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• okayvin
        • Sep 2013

A YHJ auction was listed at price X.
        It ended with 20 bids and price Y.
        A week later on the historic bid page: the winning bid reverts to the starting price X but it still says 20 bids.

What does this mean? Did the seller refund the buyer?

Comment

• Kuat
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          it has the versatility of multiple collars (or none), which can be dressed up or down, it also comes in different styles but if you can get one that is overlock it certainly has a visual one up to the other styles of leather, and it has finished sleeves which is something my J1 is driving me crazy with.

I mean I could go more into it if you want but if you ask me it is the quintessential BBS leather.
          Do you know what model jacket is that? (hood and collar come off)

Comment

• jurassicsnark
            • Sep 2015

A few questions about the cashmere-lined Rick biker jackets...

Do the sleeves have any additional lining or insulation?
            How warm are these jackets compared to the regular bikers?
            Is the sizing consistent within Rick, or should I size up or down from my usual RO size?

And then a more general question:
            Difference between Rick's LCW LGW leathers? (I did search LCW and "Rick leather codes" but nothing came up.)

Thanks!
            Last edited by jurassicsnark; 01-11-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jurassicsnark View Post
              A few questions about the cashmere-lined Rick biker jackets...

Do the sleeves have any additional lining or insulation?
              How warm are these jackets compared to the regular bikers?
              Is the sizing consistent within Rick, or should I size up or down from my usual RO size?
              can only comment on the mens versions however the extended cashmere lining leather jackets from Moody have poly fill in the arms, they are considerably warmer than the usual leathers (I wear mine in below freezing weather with a light sweater layered underneath), and the sizing is consistent with other leathers .

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                • Sep 2015

Perfect, DJI. That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!

Comment

• blackfedora
                  • Jan 2012

Difference between Rick's LCW LGW leathers? (I did search LCW and "Rick leather codes" but nothing came up.)

Thanks!
                  LCW is the Rick leather code for thick calf with a little bit of grainy texture that was introduced for Moody FW2014 notably on the stooges and cashmere lined variant. It's rather thick and juicy. Newer iterations of this leather code are less nice than the original from Moody. I have one from 2014 and I definitely like it. The cut was quite slim and even though I sized up, it is still a little snug, but it suits the Stooges.

I have not heard of LGW, but it might be a grainier version of the same leather based on previous Rick leather codes.

It may also be grainy lamb. This is based on older codes of LC = thick calf and LG = grainy lamb with the "W" potentially indicating winter weight.

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                    • Sep 2015

Thanks, Blackfedora. I knew LC and LG but wasn't sure of how the W might change things.

Comment

• orlais
                      • Oct 2014

Does anyone know of any good makers of straps for sunglasses/spectacles?
                      Instagram
                      Grailed

Comment

• stagename
                        • Oct 2011

So I'm a size 52, athletic build, and i've been wanting a M.A.+ biker for a while now... Is this ridiculous or do I have hope to find one that fits? A size 54 just popped up but seller says it fits like a 50 so I`m kind of thinking of abandoning the idea. I'd probably need something around 57 cm p2p to fit. Thoughts/help/opinions welcome, thanks!

Comment

• Kuat
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                          So I'm a size 52, athletic build, and i've been wanting a M.A.+ biker for a while now... Is this ridiculous or do I have hope to find one that fits? A size 54 just popped up but seller says it fits like a 50 so I`m kind of thinking of abandoning the idea. I'd probably need something around 57 cm p2p to fit. Thoughts/help/opinions welcome, thanks!
                          You need the "relaxed" (newer) version in size 54.

I am an athletic 50 and just got 52 which is good for me (and still some room left).

I think it matters which lining you get (wool is thicker so you'd want a regular cotton) and leather type (horse is best IMO)

Get in touch with Holger from hide-m.com, he stocks the best ones. He can also help you with the sizing. Should have sz 54 available.

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                            You need the "relaxed" (newer) version in size 54.
                            Thanks a bunch! Hope's back!

Comment

• blackfedora
                              • Jan 2012

I'm wondering if people who either own or have handled the Rick Owens FW14 Moody long version of the paneled peetrench could help me out on some questions.

1) My understanding is that the bicep portion of the jacket is made of cotton (+nylon?) and I was wondering if that portion is backed with any sort of insulation? The jacket is intended for winter use, but that portion seems awfully thin.

2) How heavy weight is the merino body portion? Good to -15℃ or thereabouts?

3) I'm a 48 with large shoulders and tend to size up with Rick to 50/L but have found that 52 is starting to be comfortable as well. Since I am likely to wear moderate weight sweaters underneath this piece, should I size up to a 52.

4) I also intend to add more front buttons or closure apparatuses so that I can wear it more easily without the belt on occasion, has anyone else done this with this piece?

Many thanks in advance for your collective help.

Comment

• Halibut
                                • Sep 2014

LCW is heavy calf leather
                                LGW is washed lamb leather

I suppose I'll post this here as it's the most complete breakdown of Rick codes I've come across

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎