X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    Just like linen, ramie can have varying degrees of softness. Treatment being one of the factors is very likely, as I mentioned earlier.
    the lining of my LEB leather is ramie, and indeed it has a soft hand similar to linen.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

I've all but given up on any certainty of a fabric based solely on composition for buying stuff online. There's just too many variables, length of fibers, thickness of the yarn, woven or knitted, technique, tightness of the weave or knit, treatment, etc. Brick and mortars, descriptive trustworthy sellers, or a good return policy go a long way.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• dji
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        I've all but given up on any certainty of a fabric based solely on composition for buying stuff online. There's just too many variables, length of fibers, thickness of the yarn, woven or knitted, technique, tightness of the weave or knit, treatment, etc. Brick and mortars, descriptive trustworthy sellers, or a good return policy go a long way.
        exactly, recently tried a cotton/cashmere tee expecting it to be soft like every other cotton/cashmere piece I've ever owned but turned out coarse AF..

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
          • Oct 2015

Does anyone know of the designer Sadaam Teissy? He only has 2 collections on the website. He has some awesome work...especially his leathers.

D.HYGEN Official website.

Fascinate - Shop our curated selection of clothing, footwear, and accessories by top Japanese and international designers including Devoa,SAINT MICHAEL,...

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
            Does anyone know of the designer Sadaam Teissy? He only has 2 collections on the website. He has some awesome work...especially his leathers.

D.HYGEN Official website.

https://www.fascinate.jp/english/hor...leather-jacket
            It's two Japanese guys who really seem to admire someone
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Anton
              • Oct 2014

Thinking about getting a new blazer, something casual to go with denim and boots. It needs to be available in size 54(xl) and slim fit. I want something very well structured, that doesn't look just like any other blazer. Preferably black...Any recommendations?
              I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
              My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• julian_doe
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Anton View Post
                Thinking about getting a new blazer, something casual to go with denim and boots. It needs to be available in size 54(xl) and slim fit. I want something very well structured, that doesn't look just like any other blazer. Preferably black...Any recommendations?
                What is your budget?

Comment

• Anton
                  • Oct 2014

I'm pretty flexible budget wise, but I don't wanna spend thousands of dollars on something that isn't worth it. So staying in the area of 1000$ or so is good. But if there is a piece that's worth much more I'll definitely consider...

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Rick's blazers might do the trick — I've found mine to be very versatile. It's the shorter one (but from Vicious, not one of the new very cropped ones) and it looks great both with jeans or formal pants. Plus they're not hard to find and iirc I've seen them some 54ers recently.
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• julian_doe
                      • Mar 2013

I'm pretty flexible budget wise, but I don't wanna spend thousands of dollars on something that isn't worth it. So staying in the area of 1000$ or so is good. But if there is a piece that's worth much more I'll definitely consider...
                      In my opinion, for a size 54, Rick's tailoring may be hard to pull off unless you are incredibly tall.

If you are a size 54 because you are built/have broad shoulders, I would totally recommend BBS size XXL. Boris tailoring is very casual, and looks great with a pair of jeans. The blazers are built like tanks, and offer big shoulders. The only caveat is the high armhole and short(er) length. If you are a size 54 because you're a larger guy, it may not be the most complimenting jacket to wear.

Comment

• Anton
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                        In my opinion, for a size 54, Rick's tailoring may be hard to pull off unless you are incredibly tall.

If you are a size 54 because you are built/have broad shoulders, I would totally recommend BBS size XXL. Boris tailoring is very casual, and looks great with a pair of jeans. The blazers are built like tanks, and offer big shoulders. The only caveat is the high armhole and short(er) length. If you are a size 54 because you're a larger guy, it may not be the most complimenting jacket to wear.
                        I'm not really tall, 185cm quite average. Regarding built, that's exactly the question as I'm quite muscular and have a broad build so some of the SZ brands look silly on me. I'll check out the BBS blazers...

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

Although it doesn't really answer your question, I'd opt for a boiled poly blazer. It looks good on anyone for anything.

This question has been gnawing at me for a while now: what's the deal with Hermes leather? People believe that its the best in the world, and yet here we are on a forum where "artisanal" leathers are the center of discussion, with no Hermes in sight. I can understand a difference in aesthetic, but in terms of production technique of sourcing/tanning/etc., is there any gap in quality? Or is, say, m.a.+ on par with Hermes (or vice versa), and after a certain level of quality, it's just smoke and Fashion mirrors?
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

BBS, but you need to try them on. They are slim and some have too much padding in the shoulders. Or CDG boiled polly. Always works for me. Rick doesn't work for me because they are oddly proportioned. You do need to be very tall for them.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                              • Oct 2015

Just a quick update on the 100% Ramie jacket (LEB). I really do like the feel of this fabric its has some stiffness but, the stiffness is not overbearing. I would equate the stiffness to a pair of he starched denim jeans. The fabric creases easily in the obvious areas (bicep/forearm). IU especially admire the subtle shine of the ramie most. I would love to post some pics, I just can't seem to figure out how.

Comment

• Alan
                                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
                                Just a quick update on the 100% Ramie jacket (LEB). I really do like the feel of this fabric its has some stiffness but, the stiffness is not overbearing. I would equate the stiffness to a pair of he starched denim jeans. The fabric creases easily in the obvious areas (bicep/forearm). IU especially admire the subtle shine of the ramie most. I would love to post some pics, I just can't seem to figure out how.
                                My ramie pants are very similar to linen in feel.

P.S. Images are hosted outside. Upload them to any hosting service (like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), get the public link for each image and paste it here by using the 'insert image' option in the toolbar:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎