X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
    Any suggestion on how to ‚salvage‘ a pair of shoes that is one size too big?
    I love them very much and really want to keep them.
    if its only one size, why not just wear an insole?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Do_Decor
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      if its only one size, why not just wear an insole?
      Thanks - did pretty much that today. Shoe has a 3d molded insole already that is fairly thick and very 3d (it‘s a Devoa shoe, maybe you know the thick memory foamish insoles). - So today I was looking for a flat but thick insole that could work below it and ended up ordering lamb fur soles because they were the thickest flat insoles i could find. Hope that does the trick - as they would be layered below the other soles i believe they should not heat up the feet too much.

But could make it unpleasant to walk in with all that cushion between feet and ground. I thought maybe you guys knew a better way!

Comment

• zen dog
        • Jan 2014

You could take the Devoa insole out. Buy some stiff leather- I have some 1/4" leather that was cut for soles and is fairly stiff- trace, cut, insert then reinsert Devoa and see how it goes. A tight fit will keep the leather from sliding around. I have some too big shoes and was surprised how really thick socks fixed the problem- wool can wick moisture away from your feet and a more open weave allows air circulation. Easier than my first suggestion and you can play around with combining the two solutions.

Comment

• Do_Decor
          • Jul 2018

Thank you zen dog, well you guys and I already got me back from (reluctantly trying to) sell them to experimenting to make them work somehow. This is the shoe btw

Comment

• david s
            • Jul 2010

OK, maybe odd question.

I ordered a piece from Hervia (Manchester, UK), and when I got it the security tag was still attached.

Hervia said I can send it back and they will take it off, and return it to me; however, I will end up paying duty on it again when they send it back ($200 USD).

Looked at the usual videos on Youtube (burn it, crack it, freeze it, etc). I basically sawed off the top to see if I could get into the guts of it, nada.

There is not enough room between the sensor and the pin to pry it apart, pretty much flush. Also the fabric is pretty delicate.

So questions
            1) by sawing off the top, if I should happen to find a shop that can take it off, would it still be possible. E.G. have f'ed it up somehow and it's stuck on forever

2) anyone know of a shop in NYC that would amenable to doing that? I have the receipt so I can prove I paid for it. Gap, Uniqlo, Macys, etc, said they won't do it

3) barring all of that, any reccos on a master tailor in NYC? Worst case I figure I can take it to tailor and they can just open the seam and remove it

For reference it's this piece ... https://www.hervia.com/silk-organza-blazer-beige

The sensor is on along the seam of the pocket, covered by the flap
            It's absolutely Hedious!
            shy poser

Comment

• Do_Decor
              • Jul 2018

They should have the courtesy to arrange for a NY based fix or cover the duty.
              It was their mistake.. pretty scandalous actually, any fashion retailer should consider overseas business a sacred thing.

Comment

• haydn
                • Feb 2013

Technically you wouldn’t be charged duties. It wouldn’t be considered a commercial shipment - they would indicate “return / repair” on the commercial invoice. You should be fine, especially if they are covering shipments both ways. They also use DHL - so they can easily note this when shipping back to you.
                I’ve purchased from them many times and they’ve always been solid to deal with.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                  Technically you wouldn’t be charged duties. It wouldn’t be considered a commercial shipment - they would indicate “return / repair” on the commercial invoice. You should be fine, especially if they are covering shipments both ways. They also use DHL - so they can easily note this when shipping back to you.
                  I’ve purchased from them many times and they’ve always been solid to deal with.
                  What he said. They should simply mark it as sample or some such. But perhaps Zam can fix it for you.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• woupes
                    • Apr 2011

Can anyone share their experience with import duties from Germany to United States? I am looking at ordering from Hide(M). Thanx

Comment

• david s
                      • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      What he said. They should simply mark it as sample or some such. But perhaps Zam can fix it for you.
                      They took care of it, got a different person on the phone who was much more responsive.

They seem pretty solid!
                      It's absolutely Hedious!
                      shy poser

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

D,

you dont need to send it back, pretty easy to fix, I could but if you did already all good
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Do_Decor
                          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by david s View Post
                          They took care of it, got a different person on the phone who was much more responsive.

They seem pretty solid!
                          How did they do it? Did they connect you to a partner in the US?
                          Just out of curiousity.

Comment

• david s
                            • Jul 2010

They took it back, sucked up paying the DHL back and forth + duties.

Fair enough. Good customer service on their part
                            It's absolutely Hedious!
                            shy poser

Comment

• Do_Decor
                              • Jul 2018

Anyone has this sweater and issues with the stability of the back tag?

The super soft cashmere and the way the tag is attached to the back shoulder seems problematic.
                              Mine already seems infinitesimally ripped above the tag.
                              Any idea how to ‚reinforce‘ it or should I just re-brand the whole thing into a LUC hoodie right away?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
                                Anyone has this sweater and issues with the stability of the back tag?

The super soft cashmere and the way the tag is attached to the back shoulder seems problematic.
                                Mine already seems infinitesimally ripped above the tag.
                                Any idea how to ‚reinforce‘ it or should I just re-brand the whole thing into a LUC hoodie right away?
                                I have it and the tag is totally fine. The pilling, on the other hand... I wouldn't get this in any other color but black. Still, one of my go to pieces in the winter - super light, super warm, and looks badass.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎