Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Actually, the only thing that reminds me of Rick is the heel and maybe (but not so much) the stitching in the front...other than that, this could be almost any brand.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Erich Fromm
      • May 2017

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      Actually, the only thing that reminds me of Rick is the heel and maybe (but not so much) the stitching in the front...other than that, this could be almost any brand.
      I think the stitching on CP soles is also elevated, unlike the embedded stitching on these Ricks

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Is there a good Japanese proxy these days?

I've had some really shitty experiences with Fromjapan recently, they've taken weeks to ship goods onwards even though they received them. Didn't process a refund until I forced them to, don't respond to emails, apparently no longer mark values according to requests etc.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• HugAndWug
          • Aug 2014

Now I'm worrying about my current FJ order...

Anyways, Zenmarket is a better proxy imo.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            Is there a good Japanese proxy these days?

I've had some really shitty experiences with Fromjapan recently, they've taken weeks to ship goods onwards even though they received them. Didn't process a refund until I forced them to, don't respond to emails, apparently no longer mark values according to requests etc.
            have only good experiences with SutoCorp, maybe try them?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

what do you guys use for luggage?
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Depends on the trip. For weekendtrips I use a small handluggage compartment suitcase and a my Cote&Ciel bag/Rick Tote. I wanted a matte black Rimowa for my camera equipment, but due to it being quite heavy I opted for a lightweight cheap alternative.
                For longer vacations I have a Northface basecamp medium dufflebag or an old big backpack which haven't failed me in the last 18 years.
                Grailed link

Comment

• mamooon
                  • Jun 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  Same as for 'unwashed' goes for me, i bought a couple of years ago an "Isar"-Cote&Ciel-Rucksack (size "M") and it's amazing how much stuff fits in for business trips and short vacations, especially i like the quality of the product, will last probably for a very, very long time. But to honest, the "M" one IS overall pretty huge, but so far airlines still accepted it as cabin baggage. (i.e. helps saving time).

Comment

• unwashed
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mamooon View Post
                    "Isar"-Cote&Ciel-Rucksack (size "M")
                    I have this model as well. Can fit a laptop, DSLR camera and clothing for couple days. Plus it fits the aesthetic.
                    Grailed link

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                      I have this model as well. Can fit a laptop, DSLR camera and clothing for couple days. Plus it fits the aesthetic.
                      I was thinking about a rimowa but I am just not sure if it is worth it, I was looking at a pelican, but I want something that will last me a bit because I want to put a bunch of 11 stickers on the luggage and dont want to let those go to waste (yes I know my priorities are wrong). I need to replace my small check in soon, and need a bigger luggage that wont get destroyed by CDG or LGA
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Damn, I know we had a luggage thread, but I can't find it. Weird.

I recently invested in a Rimowa aluminum carryon. Though expensive as fuck where you are and everyone has one. I'm safe in the States. Get one the next time you are in Paris. I got mine in London and it was 40% cheaper than in the States.

I would caution agains a Rimowa suitcase, as they will inevitably get dinged. You could embrace it, but I know it'd drive me nuts. Delsey or Samsonite can do the job just as well, and they have some understated colorways.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Damn, I looked up the prices here and they were hilarious. I might check out the Australian prices, but they do not sound ideal either. I will need it before Oct. so we will see what I find in the states next month.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Damn, I looked up the prices here and they were hilarious. I might check out the Australian prices, but they do not sound ideal either. I will need it before Oct. so we will see what I find in the states next month.
                            Oh, I mean I am safe in the States because people don't really buy them here. Everytime I see a bunch of Rimowas on a carousel I know it's a Tokyo flight. They are still 30-40% more expensive here. I only pulled the trigger because the British pound was in the toilet when I was in London this March.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

Hi, Has anyone ever hand washed a cotton Paul Harnden scarf? It says hand wash but I am concerned about colors running. Its the horse and soldier one with lots of dense ink coverage so I am afraid of bleed.
                              I'd be grateful for some guidance. Thanks.

Comment

• mamooon
                                • Jun 2015

I was thinking about a rimowa but I am just not sure if it is worth it, I was looking at a pelican, but I want something that will last me a bit because I want to put a bunch of 11 stickers on the luggage and dont want to let those go to waste (yes I know my priorities are wrong). I need to replace my small check in soon, and need a bigger luggage that wont get destroyed by CDG or LGA
                                As probably most of the major suitcase-ecommerce-b2c-shops in germany work with the ERP my employer offers i do know their owners and managers pretty well for already a long time and asked 'em once in a time for some recommendations, so, let me assure you, _all_ of 'em do own and use (and recommend) more or less only rimowa for their trips and journeys. When asking them about the best price-performance ratio they still recommend rimowa because they're really built for a lifetime as they tell me every time. When asking them for the lowest return rate because of quality issues, it's rimowa. So, someone (one of our clients) having currently approx. 110.000 different suitcase/luggage/rucksack-items on stock decides to go for rimowa for his own need, that's probably _the_ brand you might decide for if it's about durability and quality.

Bought a cheaper one some years ago and disregarded the recommendations, well, that VEGA-suitcase didn't even survive the 2nd flight as some airport employees seem to do things with your luggage you better don't ever want to know... ;/ No doubt, even i have to kill my savings for that, next one i'm going to buy will be a(maybe used) rimowa or samsonite.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎