X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I have it and the tag is totally fine. The pilling, on the other hand... I wouldn't get this in any other color but black. Still, one of my go to pieces in the winter - super light, super warm, and looks badass.
    Interesting, I have a bunch of pieces (the zippered hoodie, sweaters in black and off white, and a scarf) in the same fabric from AW17 and they didn't pill at all.

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
    Anyone has this sweater and issues with the stability of the back tag?

The super soft cashmere and the way the tag is attached to the back shoulder seems problematic.
    Mine already seems infinitesimally ripped above the tag.
    Any idea how to ‚reinforce‘ it or should I just re-brand the whole thing into a LUC hoodie right away?
    Don't have this issue, however I did have a pair of P13's in a lightweight fabric tear when the the tag caught on a frayed t-shirt hem. Poor design choice to have the tab in line with a vertical seam, the handstitched version doesn't have this issue as the tag goes through a separate reinforced hole..

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
      Interesting, I have a bunch of pieces (the zippered hoodie, sweaters in black and off white, and a scarf) in the same fabric from AW17 and they didn't pill at all.
      Ha, I'm surprised! I think you are the first person who's NOT complained about BBS cashmere pilling.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Do_Decor
        • Jul 2018

Yeah I just received it and this will def be a staple piece next winter.
        Hope the tag stays intact.
        I have an 11 by bbs zipper, where the tag is attached to the inner hem/shoulder and goes through a hole in the back shoulder - bit more stable that way.

Re piling - do you hand wash it or dry clean?

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Ha, I'm surprised! I think you are the first person who's NOT complained about BBS cashmere pilling.
          My LUC cashmere stuff on the other hand is a disaster area!

Yeah I just received it and this will def be a staple piece next winter.
          Hope the tag stays intact.
          I have an 11 by bbs zipper, where the tag is attached to the inner hem/shoulder and goes through a hole in the back shoulder - bit more stable that way.

Re piling - do you hand wash it or dry clean?
          All my stuff goes in a linen bag in the washing machine..

Comment

• Karupt
            • Jan 2019

I just got a Julius cotton/nylon bomber, the most high end piece for me ever. I've noticed its really tight around the shoulders and arms, unless I position my upper torso in order to have perfect posture (which is not natural for me). Any movement of my shoulders relative to the chest, and it becomes tight again. Basically, I have to keep my arms quite stiff, very akin to how models walk. Is this normal, or perhaps I just got a size too small?

Comment

• Do_Decor
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Karupt View Post
              I just got a Julius cotton/nylon bomber, the most high end piece for me ever. I've noticed its really tight around the shoulders and arms, unless I position my upper torso in order to have perfect posture (which is not natural for me). Any movement of my shoulders relative to the chest, and it becomes tight again. Basically, I have to keep my arms quite stiff, very akin to how models walk. Is this normal, or perhaps I just got a size too small?
              Karupt I had a similar issue with a brown Julius Rayon bomber and ended up selling the jacket.
              A pity as it was really beautiful.

Comment

• kuriz
                • Nov 2010

Any stores, either retail or consignment that would make sense to visit now that it is my first time in Hamburg, Germany?

Comment

• postcringe
                  • Aug 2020

Does anyone know how to quiet nylon fabric? I got nice balloon-cut pants very similar to Yohji and enjoy wearing it indoors but feel insecure to wear it outside because of the swoosh-swoosh noise it's making. It's not that bad though.

Comment

• haydn
                    • Feb 2013

Has anyone had a larger leather garment dyed a different color?

I have an alligator coat in a deep burgundy picked up cheap that won’t see wear. Thinking if it was black I’d get a lot of use out of it. Curious if dying the garment after production would be effective or damaging to the leather given that it likely went through some heavy processing already. Any experience or recommendations would be appreciated.

Comment

• woupes
                      • Apr 2011

Hi Haydn, the guy you want to talk to is Costas at Colibri Textile&Dyeing.He is the expert on this his number is 347-630-0356 or 212-967-0919

Comment

• haydn
                        • Feb 2013

Has anyone had experience with D.HYGEN, particularly the gloves? They make a pair of spiral zip gloves (similar to the Rick spiral zip boots). Looking to get a pair but not easy to come across.

Comment

• finn13524
                          • Aug 2020

Hi, I was wondering if the Instagram account @augusta1923 is ran by Simone and if not, is it a valid source for information about the brand?

Comment

• Do_Decor
                            • Jul 2018

Guidi Leather jacket (sort of matte) has rain spots.
                            My cobbler recommended a pigmented leather impregnant spray.
                            But that does not seem right.

Any ideas how to remove?

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Guidi Leather jacket (sort of matte) has rain spots.
                              My cobbler recommended a pigmented leather impregnant spray.
                              But that does not seem right.

Any ideas how to remove?
                              Tried just buffing them out with a soft shoe shine cloth? Has done the trick for me in the past.

Comment

• Lex1017
                                • Jul 2015

I had posed this question during Larry but I am always paranoid about sizing and have no access to try them on so I am compiling info. Sizing on the Performa Kiss heels (any kiss heels) in relation to other Rick footwear. For reference I wear 40 in sharktooth soled shoes. I have heard that they fit more TTS (in which case I would order a 41) but I just wanted to make sure/see if owners had different experiences with sizing, stretching, etc.
                                THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎