X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nvsnli
    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DannyDagger View Post
    Vintage stores around me really suck so I'm looking towards online sellers like ebay to start building up my collection. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but what tips do you guys have for buying online? I'm getting my measurements taken at some point but aside from that, anything in particular I should do or look at before buying online?
    For me if it is not a new piece best way is to ask the size of the seller. How tall is he and how much the person weights.
    Some sites has the model height and weight listed along with the size of the garment they are wearing which helps a lot.

Comment

• Avalon
      • Sep 2017

The sizing help thread on this of forum can be a good source of information: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...36-Sizing-help

Search for designers, if pieces stay true to size over different collections for example. Many general questions like that have already been answered.
      Originally posted by Faust
      Boots. Always, boots.

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

What are your hints for a functional, slim-fitting yet stylish winter jacket? Should be short, not a coat.

I am looking for something combining the functionality of, say an Arc'teryx jacket with the aesthetic of e.g. Devoa or Stone Island x Shadow Project. So minimalist functional-ish
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
          What are your hints for a functional, slim-fitting yet stylish winter jacket? Should be short, not a coat.

I am looking for something combining the functionality of, say an Arc'teryx jacket with the aesthetic of e.g. Devoa or Stone Island x Shadow Project. So minimalist functional-ish
          P you looking for something insulated or just an all-weather jacket?

I have a TVA hooded down jacket from a few seasons ago that's perfect for very cold winter weather, Fascinate did a special bespoke edition of it this F/W.

For an all-weather jacket the 11 by BBS J2C has been serving me well here in rainy Seattle, and if you go TTS there's plenty of room underneath to layer another jacket and sweater.

Comment

• Cheburashka
            • Jun 2018

I have a pair of Ann leather boots that I would like to dye black. What is a good product?

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
              P you looking for something insulated or just an all-weather jacket?

I have a TVA hooded down jacket from a few seasons ago that's perfect for very cold winter weather, Fascinate did a special bespoke edition of it this F/W.

For an all-weather jacket the 11 by BBS J2C has been serving me well here in rainy Seattle, and if you go TTS there's plenty of room underneath to layer another jacket and sweater.
              Those are both excellent recommendations, thanks. Aesthetically, I would prefer something alike the 11 by BBS jacket - but ideally more suited for autumn / winter than being a true all season jacket (luckily, winters dont get too cold in Germany). So if anyone has something similar in mind (or sells a similar jacket to fit a Sz.L within EU) shoot ahead.
              I have dreams of orca whales and owls
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Gauche
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Cheburashka View Post
                I have a pair of Ann leather boots that I would like to dye black. What is a good product?

Saphir dyes are very good products.
                Blue base though. Depending on the initial color of your leather, you might have to dye a few more times to avoid dark shades of blue.

Comment

• Cheburashka
                  • Jun 2018

Do i need to use their decapant product to remove some of the shine? It's ann d riding boots for reference.

God, I was hoping it was possible to just soak them for 48 hours...

Comment

• Gauche
                    • Nov 2010

I use acetone, but one might consider the product too abrasive for leather goods. So yes, you can use their decapant.

Comment

• Cheburashka
                      • Jun 2018

Thanks for answering my stupid questions. Should have known Saphir had this stuff!

Comment

• woupes
                        • Apr 2011

Can anyone share their experience how import fees from Japan to United States works? I would really like to order from Fascinate, any insight would be appreciated. Thanx

Comment

• nyarkies
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by woupes View Post
                          Can anyone share their experience how import fees from Japan to United States works? I would really like to order from Fascinate, any insight would be appreciated. Thanx
                          They use EMS so the chances of you getting hit with import fees are random. My experience so far is I haven't gotten hit yet but it doesn't mean it can't or won't happen. If you decide to use a courier service (UPS, FEDEX, etc.), you'll get hit for anything valued above $800.

Comment

• bootsndpants
                            • Jun 2017

have shopped with mercury and same shipping EMS, no fees.

Comment

• woupes
                              • Apr 2011

Thank you nyarkies&bootsndpants I appreciate your replies, I will shop with confidence.

Comment

• kodiakthebear
                                • Jul 2018

Originally posted by gerry View Post
                                One of those questions which probably has an obvious answer:

What defines a label (in both menswear and womenswear) as streetwear as opposed to high-fashion?

For example, what would Number (N)ine be considered? And how does the definition of either relate to diffusion and bridge lines, if at all?

I think this one of those cases where they're each loose enough descriptors that finding a hard boundary between them is tough. In that sense, Number (N)ine sorta moves in and out of each category. Stuff like AW09 is solidly high fashion, but there are some pieces/looks such as in SS05 which aligns more with typical streetwear sensibilities.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎