• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • modern77
    • Oct 2006

Re: Small questions thread

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

the cashmere cardigan is over a grand.

the augusta black boots get this reddish hue. it's really cool.

[/quote]

Much obliged...although not really :)

Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

can anyone confirm whether atelier NY will ship phone orders to Canada? I'm pretty sure I've heard both possibilities argued before...

-

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

i believe they won't unless you've shopped there in person before
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Joey is right.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
            • Feb 2007

[quote user="my friend goo"]whats the deal with the 'thermic cordovan' of some of the augusta boots. apparently they change color over time from exposure to sunlight or something, but anyone know what color the black ones are supposed to change into?
            [/quote]

This sounds like a marketing gimmick. I'm pretty sure all cordovan "changes color over time" (to a blackish gray or a burgundy/gray) if you don't polish your shoes. Leaving the shoes out in sunlight will do the same thing. I wonder what else "thermic cordovan" could involve.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

the leather actually changes color with heat. The leather was dyed using a thermochromic dye has a base color and changes structural conformation with the application of heat to show a different color. Its hypercolor for leather... Augusta did a bag in it too... Green to black. Really fun stuff.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

hmmm, but what if you are all happy because you color coordinated your outfit, and then you come out and your black boots turn green? i'd be pissed.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dynamo
                  • Mar 2008

it's a very nice subtle dark/black green..

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]the leather actually changes color with heat. The leather was dyed using a thermochromic dye has a base color and changes structural conformation with the application of heat to show a different color. Its hypercolor for leather... Augusta did a bag in it too... Green to black. Really fun stuff.[/quote]

I wonder if the thermochromic dye was added as a layer on top of the original dye. Still awesome, as long as it lasts. I loved hypercolor, but after a few washes...

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                      • Dec 2006

that's just crazy. good crazy.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]the leather actually changes color with heat. The leather was dyed using a thermochromic dye has a base color and changes structural conformation with the application of heat to show a different color. Its hypercolor for leather... Augusta did a bag in it too... Green to black. Really fun stuff.[/quote]

I wonder if the thermochromic dye was added as a layer on top of the original dye. Still awesome, as long as it lasts. I loved hypercolor, but after a few washes...

[/quote]

the hypercolor technology has gotten better... the new versions you see now are colorfast and often even tumble-dry-able. As for the thermochromic dye applied on top... I believe it's fully saturated in the stuff. Vat dyed using the thermochromic based on the color and depth of the color change. Very well executed.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

As always you're a wealth of information, Albert. Very curious to see how it is in person.
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Avantster"]As always you're a wealth of information, Albert. Very curious to see how it is in person.
                            [/quote]

albert's had the process applied to him so he knows how it goes. he uses it for camouflage during his paint ball games.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

^ it's true [86]

I tried looking for the dyes themselves but I haven't had any luck yet. I'd love to try my hand at doing the dying of various fabrics with it myself but it seems like the process isn't a straightforward classic vat dye method... at least from reading between the lines this is what I'm concluding.

Comment

• Piffen
                                • Aug 2007

From one leather to another, that slouchy washed leather bag by Ann D. at Atelier, anyone knows what it goes for? Any cheaper alternatives out there?

It's this one I'm thinking of: http://web.mac.com/ateliernewyork/iW...?slideIndex=76

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎