Thread: Small questions thread

I initially like the Mastodon high, but I would like something that will works for both shorts and pants/jeans. So ended up went for the Low ones and gladly I did. Just go for what you think it works for yourself.

Focusing on object details

The highs I still get, but the low version is just an overpriced version of Common Projects imo.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

That leather looks quite stiff. It's nice to see a "non-staged" shot of the low version - thank you. Is the leather hardy in the high as well? The lighting the stores give the photos make the leather look buttery.

For reference, regarding the sizing btw, I'm a 44 in Ramone socks (it definitely wouldn't hurt for me to go up a size), 46 in Ramones, and a 45/46 in Geos...
    who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    The highs I still get, but the low version is just an overpriced version of Common Projects imo.
    Did you own both or by looks that you think looks like common projects? Both the leather and silhouette were far apart.
    Focusing on object details

Quote Originally Posted by magic View Post
    Did you own both or by looks that you think looks like common projects? Both the leather and silhouette were far apart.
    I own CPs and I've handled the highs in person. Of course the leather is different, but the silhouette is "too simple/not odd enough" imo. But if you're happy, that's all that matters. :)
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

I sort of agree with you but they were different in the whole setup, vs just alone as a standalone footwear but I guess it really is hard to judge, the lack of zipper trips me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

I don't think they look anything like CP. Just like Rick combat boots are not the same thing as generic $99 combat boots. It's the little things that make the difference, starting with the shape. Too simple I can understand though, they are very understated.

As for the leather, it's actually very soft, not stiff at all.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Actually, the only thing that reminds me of Rick is the heel and maybe (but not so much) the stitching in the front...other than that, this could be almost any brand.
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Nickefuge View Post
    Actually, the only thing that reminds me of Rick is the heel and maybe (but not so much) the stitching in the front...other than that, this could be almost any brand.
    I think the stitching on CP soles is also elevated, unlike the embedded stitching on these Ricks
    For your information, please read carelabels and hanging tags carefully, for washing and handling instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    No, they just religiously read SZ

Is there a good Japanese proxy these days?

I've had some really shitty experiences with Fromjapan recently, they've taken weeks to ship goods onwards even though they received them. Didn't process a refund until I forced them to, don't respond to emails, apparently no longer mark values according to requests etc.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Now I'm worrying about my current FJ order...

Anyways, Zenmarket is a better proxy imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    Is there a good Japanese proxy these days?

I've had some really shitty experiences with Fromjapan recently, they've taken weeks to ship goods onwards even though they received them. Didn't process a refund until I forced them to, don't respond to emails, apparently no longer mark values according to requests etc.
    have only good experiences with SutoCorp, maybe try them?

what do you guys use for luggage?
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Depends on the trip. For weekendtrips I use a small handluggage compartment suitcase and a my Cote&Ciel bag/Rick Tote. I wanted a matte black Rimowa for my camera equipment, but due to it being quite heavy I opted for a lightweight cheap alternative.
    For longer vacations I have a Northface basecamp medium dufflebag or an old big backpack which haven't failed me in the last 18 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    Same as for 'unwashed' goes for me, i bought a couple of years ago an "Isar"-Cote&Ciel-Rucksack (size "M") and it's amazing how much stuff fits in for business trips and short vacations, especially i like the quality of the product, will last probably for a very, very long time. But to honest, the "M" one IS overall pretty huge, but so far airlines still accepted it as cabin baggage. (i.e. helps saving time).

Quote Originally Posted by mamooon View Post
    "Isar"-Cote&Ciel-Rucksack (size "M")
    I have this model as well. Can fit a laptop, DSLR camera and clothing for couple days. Plus it fits the aesthetic.

I have this model as well. Can fit a laptop, DSLR camera and clothing for couple days. Plus it fits the aesthetic.
    I was thinking about a rimowa but I am just not sure if it is worth it, I was looking at a pelican, but I want something that will last me a bit because I want to put a bunch of 11 stickers on the luggage and dont want to let those go to waste (yes I know my priorities are wrong). I need to replace my small check in soon, and need a bigger luggage that wont get destroyed by CDG or LGA

Damn, I know we had a luggage thread, but I can't find it. Weird.

I recently invested in a Rimowa aluminum carryon. Though expensive as fuck where you are and everyone has one. I'm safe in the States. Get one the next time you are in Paris. I got mine in London and it was 40% cheaper than in the States.

I would caution agains a Rimowa suitcase, as they will inevitably get dinged. You could embrace it, but I know it'd drive me nuts. Delsey or Samsonite can do the job just as well, and they have some understated colorways.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Damn, I looked up the prices here and they were hilarious. I might check out the Australian prices, but they do not sound ideal either. I will need it before Oct. so we will see what I find in the states next month.

Damn, I looked up the prices here and they were hilarious. I might check out the Australian prices, but they do not sound ideal either. I will need it before Oct. so we will see what I find in the states next month.
    Oh, I mean I am safe in the States because people don't really buy them here. Everytime I see a bunch of Rimowas on a carousel I know it's a Tokyo flight. They are still 30-40% more expensive here. I only pulled the trigger because the British pound was in the toilet when I was in London this March.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine