Page 721 of 727 FirstFirst ... 221621671711712713714715716717718719720721722723724725726727 LastLast
Results 14,401 to 14,420 of 14530

Thread: Small questions thread

Hi, Has anyone ever hand washed a cotton Paul Harnden scarf? It says hand wash but I am concerned about colors running. Its the horse and soldier one with lots of dense ink coverage so I am afraid of bleed.
    I'd be grateful for some guidance. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    I was thinking about a rimowa but I am just not sure if it is worth it, I was looking at a pelican, but I want something that will last me a bit because I want to put a bunch of 11 stickers on the luggage and dont want to let those go to waste (yes I know my priorities are wrong). I need to replace my small check in soon, and need a bigger luggage that wont get destroyed by CDG or LGA
    As probably most of the major suitcase-ecommerce-b2c-shops in germany work with the ERP my employer offers i do know their owners and managers pretty well for already a long time and asked 'em once in a time for some recommendations, so, let me assure you, _all_ of 'em do own and use (and recommend) more or less only rimowa for their trips and journeys. When asking them about the best price-performance ratio they still recommend rimowa because they're really built for a lifetime as they tell me every time. When asking them for the lowest return rate because of quality issues, it's rimowa. So, someone (one of our clients) having currently approx. 110.000 different suitcase/luggage/rucksack-items on stock decides to go for rimowa for his own need, that's probably _the_ brand you might decide for if it's about durability and quality.

Bought a cheaper one some years ago and disregarded the recommendations, well, that VEGA-suitcase didn't even survive the 2nd flight as some airport employees seem to do things with your luggage you better don't ever want to know... ;/ No doubt, even i have to kill my savings for that, next one i'm going to buy will be a(maybe used) rimowa or samsonite.

The samsonite lite cubes were also pretty nice from handling them at the store and compared to Rimowa are featherlight. But if I wanted a big suitcase not for the handluggage compartment I would save up for a Rimowa. Just to safeguard my camera equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    The samsonite lite cubes were also pretty nice from handling them at the store and compared to Rimowa are featherlight.
    The Rimowa Salsa Air is around the same weight as the Cube Lites in the medium sized ones, in larger ones the Rimowas seem to be heavier. But I don't know who uses the 100L+ ones, I think mine is 70-80L and tightly packed it becomes as heavy as you want a suitcase to be. The Samsonite Lite-Box is lighter and better looking imo, but not as nice looking as Rimowa.

We have a few Rimowas (polycarbonate, not aluminium), first one is from I think about 12 years ago works perfectly and doesn't have a single major dent, barely a couple of scuffs. The matte black particularly is very durable as it doesn't really show scuffs (unlike the shiny colored ones).

the only down side is that they are hardly ever the only black Rimowas on the conveyor belt, ever since I caught a guy accidentally leaving with my bag I've put a bunch of stickers and recognizable straps on them :P
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by lowrey View Post
    The Rimowa Salsa Air is around the same weight as the Cube Lites in the medium sized ones
    Ow that Salsa Air, I didn't know it existed, gonna check this one out.

I use Rimowa personally, which is great, but as unwashed wrote, the Samsonite Lite cube seems to be a great alternative if you want [a little] cheaper.

Depends on the trip. For weekendtrips I use a small handluggage compartment suitcase and a my Cote&Ciel bag/Rick Tote. I wanted a matte black Rimowa for my camera equipment, but due to it being quite heavy I opted for a lightweight cheap alternative.
    For longer vacations I have a Northface basecamp medium dufflebag or an old big backpack which haven't failed me in the last 18 years.
    Wow, Unwashed, we have similar taste.
    I travel a lot (100k+ miles the last 5 years almost always in a carry-on). I have a Cote&Ciel Nile backpack that I love. I still have it, but I had an issue with having to pack a handbag for once I arrived I'm female, and most of the time, I prefer to carry a cross-body bag over a backpack for day-to-day. I picked up a BBS bag in Berlin and had modified so that it serves perfectly as both hand luggage on the plane and a handbag once I land. I just stash whatever was in there that I don't want to carry everywhere into one of the large Rick totes that come with everything.

For luggage, I agree that the North Face Base Camp duffels are hard to beat. We have at least one of them in every size they make. My partner is a scientist, and he used to do these gnarly trips into the Amazon, and he took almost everything in Base Camp Duffels. They're tough, incredibly lightweight, and they do truly look better once they get a bit trashed... But they provide no protection, etc., so he always took all of the cameras in a Pelican.

In terms of carry-on size suitcase, I've been using a North Face Rolling Thunder for about 4 years now. It's starting to show some wear, and I'll likely replace it with a Rimowa when it dies, but not before.

Ow that Salsa Air, I didn't know it existed, gonna check this one out.
    downside is that they don't seem to come in the matte black, at least currently. I thought my black ones are Salsa Air but they might also be some preceding model
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

What's the best online retailer for DRKSHDW/Rick right now? I usually prefer to buy in physical stores but looks like everything I wanted to buy is sold out here where I live now. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by monster View Post
    What's the best online retailer for DRKSHDW/Rick right now? I usually prefer to buy in physical stores but looks like everything I wanted to buy is sold out here where I live now. Thanks in advance!
    Please define 'best' ;) - It probably depends
    a) where you live, i.e. if you're from the US and order in europe (or vice versa) you might have to deal with taxes/VAT/customs
    b) what you do expect, like good prices, express delivery, availibility of any discount codes and/or current sales-season to make a bargain..?
    Over here in europe probably all 'major' luxury fashion online stores carry R'Owens and/or DRKSHDW, like mrporter, matchesfashion, hervia, browns fashion, antonioli.eu, spence (there you find often things of a previous season for a good price!), harrods, selfridges (i cannot recommend, horrible customer service and a shop which is buggy as ****), wrongweather and for sure, the official r'owens-online-store out of their store in Milano.
    As it feels like you're looking for an item, maybe use the 'looking for..'-thread and ask for that or these items you're looking for so maybe someone's stumbling upon the item you're looking for? good luck
    ;)

The samsonite lite cubes were also pretty nice from handling them at the store and compared to Rimowa are featherlight. But if I wanted a big suitcase not for the handluggage compartment I would save up for a Rimowa. Just to safeguard my camera equipment.
    You check your camera equipment in? Or did you actually mean the reverse of what you wrote?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    You check your camera equipment in? Or did you actually mean the reverse of what you wrote?
    If I would to buy a suitcase, I would choose something like a Rimowa for long flights and holidays, mainly to check in my camera equipment for sure. No need to carry 6 kilo on camerastuff during flights. I also carry small Sony RX-100 for snapshots. But atm I have a big backpack and a dufflebag, I certainly not check it in with those bags :) Here the Cote&Ciel comes in handy.

wanted to check in and ask if anyone has ever seen/knows anything about the sole on these carpes i purchased.

http://imgur.com/a/f6QVt

It looks like it had a thin rubber sole glued to it that was later peeled off, leaving the adhesive.

Quote Originally Posted by derpington View Post
    It looks like it had a thin rubber sole glued to it that was later peeled off, leaving the adhesive.
    only issue is that it's partially on the side + it's decently thick.

Quote Originally Posted by HugAndWug View Post
    only issue is that it's partially on the side + it's decently thick.
    Looks more like a shoe goo project gone wrong

Looks more like a shoe goo project gone wrong
    that'd be truly impressive as it's been worn a bit and there's zero chipping/cracking. i can't imagine it holding up so well.

i know carpe has done shoes with rubber/glue treatments but i've never seen anything on the soles.

looks like some sort of a diy thing to me, way too much of the stuff to be adhesive for a rubber sole, or someone (hopefully not a cobbler) really poured that shit on.

If they were mine I would have a cobbler sand them off and put on a new rubber sole

Has anybody ever purchased a brand new pair of Rick Owens boots or sneakers, only to put them on and feel some sort of lump underneath the leather insole? There's one underneath my brand new pair of Ramones and frankly it's driving me insane and it hurts my food as it's right underneath the metatarsal bone on my fourth toe.

It's literally just a random lump that sticks out from underneath the leather insole - extremely irritating really, was wondering if it's just glue or whether something that shouldn't be there is underneath.

"Lumps are part of the aesthetic and no reason for reclamation."
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton