Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anton
    • Oct 2014

Quite some time ago there was a discussion about the prints Paul Harnden uses, someone mention and linked to a book with many fantastic prints quite similar to what Harnden uses. Does someone knows the name of the book? If I'm not mistaken it was German, but I might be wrong.
    I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• bukka
      • Sep 2011

Ernst Haeckel maybe?
      Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Anton
        • Oct 2014

Yes, looks like it. Thanks!
        I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
        My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Comment

• jurassicsnark
          • Sep 2015

If you're curious about Haeckel, there is also a fascinating (and beautiful) documentary about him called "Proteus." https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0391407/

Comment

• delicious_not
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
            delicious_not- looks from photo: clothes moth or carpet beetle damage. The larvae can do their damage and not leave much other evidence. That's why I've approached wool with some trepidation these days.
            no, i don't think so - the damages don't have that "eaten" look, they're just loose yarns. here's a better shot:

that's the worst area, otherwise it's just here and there throughout the whole jacket. maybe that's how this fabric ends up looking after a while anyway, that baby alpaca mix is very delicate.

also, after a few e-mail exchanges with Yoox the total price for that Stravinsky is about 85% off retail, so i guess i'll find a way to appreciate that worn look lol.

Comment

• stagename
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              also, after a few e-mail exchanges with Yoox the total price for that Stravinsky is about 85% off retail, so i guess i'll find a way to appreciate that worn look lol.
              Yoox once sent me a pair of shorts with a hole in them. That was the last time I shopped there. Damn.

Unrelated: How do you store your leathers for winter? I don't want to hang them because some are too heavy to be hang for an extended period of time. I don't want to stack them because it might leave creases. I'm kind of puzzled. First world problems.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                Yoox once sent me a pair of shorts with a hole in them. That was the last time I shopped there. Damn.

Unrelated: How do you store your leathers for winter? I don't want to hang them because some are too heavy to be hang for an extended period of time. I don't want to stack them because it might leave creases. I'm kind of puzzled. First world problems.
                isnt that the time you should be whipping them out?
                LOL

Anyways, maybe you roll them and put in a garment bag. I think rolling is better than folding as it helps to lessen the creasing?
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• stagename
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                  isnt that the time you should be whipping them out?
                  LOL

Anyways, maybe you roll them and put in a garment bag. I think rolling is better than folding as it helps to lessen the creasing?
                  Yeah it was -5C yseterday (that's 23F for my ameri-friends ;)) and it was snowing, and it only gets worse from here. My shearling is starting to feel cold. If you have a heated leather jacket, hit me up ;)

Thanks for the rolling suggestion. That's how I pack suitcases for the same reason, I think it sounds like a winning strategy. Will report back in April. Ha. Thanks!

Comment

• Nickefuge
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                    If you have a heated leather jacket, hit me up ;)
                    The trick is to always be slightly drunk.
                    Or as the German saying goes: "Das wärmste Jäckchen ist ein Cognäckchen." ("The warmest jacket is a cognac." – this rhymes in German)
                    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• HOCHIMINH
                      • Nov 2016

I just picked up a pair of the Rick Owens Tractor Dunks and I have been having some toruble breaking them in. I believe the leather on the boot is leather (read it was cow or horse I believe?)and I looked online and saw some people recommending you use a hair dryer to soften the problematic spots. Would you guys recommend this? Just afraid to irrepraibly damage the leather or should i just tough it out?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Originally posted by HOCHIMINH View Post
                        I just picked up a pair of the Rick Owens Tractor Dunks and I have been having some toruble breaking them in. I believe the leather on the boot is leather (read it was cow or horse I believe?)and I looked online and saw some people recommending you use a hair dryer to soften the problematic spots. Would you guys recommend this? Just afraid to irrepraibly damage the leather or should i just tough it out?
                        Personally, I wouldn’t try that. The leather might become too dry and start to crack. Just give it some more time or maybe try some leather-stretching spray if they don’t soften up.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Jeroenr
                          • May 2016

I did that to my horse leather 10Sei0otto sneakers. They were a bit too narrow. Didnt worked out. But didnt do any damage either. Took them to a cobbler to stretch them.

Comment

• HOCHIMINH
                            • Nov 2016

Hey man thank you so much for your reply. Is there a specific leather-stretching spray you recommend?

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Hey man thank you so much for your reply. Is there a specific leather-stretching spray you recommend?
                              you need something like this:
                              Sellari's SPS Shoe Stretch Liquid stretches any leather shoe. Softens leather so it will stretch without cracking the surface, or breaking any fibers.

life will be good once you get it
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• DannyDagger
                                • Nov 2018

Vintage stores around me really suck so I'm looking towards online sellers like ebay to start building up my collection. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but what tips do you guys have for buying online? I'm getting my measurements taken at some point but aside from that, anything in particular I should do or look at before buying online?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎