Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex1017
    • Jul 2015

I have the black and white ones. I love them. Because I wear them with rave pants, the tornado caused inside my hems has expedited the distressing/caking in dust process. The shaft hugs the ankle when tied all the way up so it ends up creasing over time and looking sweet. Probably going to pick up another pair.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by gawkrodger View Post
      Anyone got any photos/able to direct me to pictures of the white Rick Mastosneaks high tops being worn in the wild so to speak? I thought little of them when they came out but are growing on me (though I suspect this is partly driven by the fact they are clearly going to end up massively discounted in the sales)

Each to their own, but for me they did not work with anything I have. The silhouette is just too plain for me.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
        • Feb 2011

My drkshdw jeans just ripped a small hole in the crotch but otherwise should have a good amount of life left in them. I've dealt with denim repair but never for stretch denim - this is one of the thin ones with 3% lycra. My understanding is this complicates patching... Any pointers to keep in mind when seeking out a repair?

(And a longer shot, anyone know someone good for this in Toronto?)

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Quick question: How do these shorts fit?
          I usually know my size when it comes to RO, but these don’t have a drawstring.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
            My drkshdw jeans just ripped a small hole in the crotch but otherwise should have a good amount of life left in them. I've dealt with denim repair but never for stretch denim - this is one of the thin ones with 3% lycra. My understanding is this complicates patching... Any pointers to keep in mind when seeking out a repair?

(And a longer shot, anyone know someone good for this in Toronto?)
            I did this before myself maybe +10 years ago when I was still wearing jeans. Make sure you find a patch of fabric that has the same kind of stretch to it and just patch it up on the inside (should be roughly 3-4 times the size of the hole) - if you make very short stitches it will hardly be noticeable. You can find a lot of tutorials how to do this when using google.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
              I did this before myself maybe +10 years ago when I was still wearing jeans. Make sure you find a patch of fabric that has the same kind of stretch to it and just patch it up on the inside (should be roughly 3-4 times the size of the hole) - if you make very short stitches it will hardly be noticeable. You can find a lot of tutorials how to do this when using google.
              Thanks for the tip - I'm crap at mending so I'm planning to bring it somewhere to get fixed, wondering if it's something easy to get taken care of or if I should be finding the fabric myself to bring / providing specific instructions or what.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                • Sep 2015

What's the consensus on the Mastosneaks exactly? I loved them at first sight - they remind me of boxer boots. I'm admittedly thrilled they can be found in my size discounted. Are they true-to-size?
                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Lex1017
                  • Jul 2015

I wear 40 in Rick footwear and got 40.5. Very happy I did.

Comment

• magic
                    • Feb 2009

I initially like the Mastodon high, but I would like something that will works for both shorts and pants/jeans. So ended up went for the Low ones and gladly I did. Just go for what you think it works for yourself.

Focusing on object details

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

The highs I still get, but the low version is just an overpriced version of Common Projects imo.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                        • Sep 2015

That leather looks quite stiff. It's nice to see a "non-staged" shot of the low version - thank you. Is the leather hardy in the high as well? The lighting the stores give the photos make the leather look buttery.

For reference, regarding the sizing btw, I'm a 44 in Ramone socks (it definitely wouldn't hurt for me to go up a size), 46 in Ramones, and a 45/46 in Geos...
                        who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• magic
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          The highs I still get, but the low version is just an overpriced version of Common Projects imo.
                          Did you own both or by looks that you think looks like common projects? Both the leather and silhouette were far apart.
                          Focusing on object details

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by magic View Post
                            Did you own both or by looks that you think looks like common projects? Both the leather and silhouette were far apart.
                            I own CPs and I've handled the highs in person. Of course the leather is different, but the silhouette is "too simple/not odd enough" imo. But if you're happy, that's all that matters. :)
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                              • Apr 2013

I sort of agree with you but they were different in the whole setup, vs just alone as a standalone footwear but I guess it really is hard to judge, the lack of zipper trips me off.
                              Originally posted by unwashed
                              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                              Originally posted by Ahimsa
                              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I don't think they look anything like CP. Just like Rick combat boots are not the same thing as generic $99 combat boots. It's the little things that make the difference, starting with the shape. Too simple I can understand though, they are very understated.

As for the leather, it's actually very soft, not stiff at all.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎