• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dji View Post
    Couldn't find a thread specifically for Taichi Murakami, does anyone have showroom pics from SS19?
    There's a thread for him here: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...aichi-Murakami
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
      Cheers, apparently I fail at the search function.

Comment

• Do_Decor
        • Jul 2018

Good evening, wondering which size to buy a BBS ninja zip hoodie.
        XL is slightly oversized for me and a tad too long, do they shrink at all when washed?
        Thanks!

Comment

• nvsnli
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
          Good evening, wondering which size to buy a BBS ninja zip hoodie.
          XL is slightly oversized for me and a tad too long, do they shrink at all when washed?
          Thanks!
          Would help if we would know your measurements and bodybuild.

Comment

• Do_Decor
            • Jul 2018

I am 183cm and weigh 85kg (not all of those being pure muscle).
            I tried an XL one, it is just that tad too long. Unless it shrinks a little!

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
              I am 183cm and weigh 85kg (not all of those being pure muscle).
              I tried an XL one, it is just that tad too long. Unless it shrinks a little!
              depends on what fabric and season it is you would get rather mixed results, if its a newer zipper then it will have a more accurate reading on sizing
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                • Feb 2011

I’m ordering a pair of Bamba2s. I tried on another Salomon collab shoe last season, and UK10.5 fit my US11.5 feet perfectly. I’m now told by BBSNY though that this new iteration of them fit a bit tighter, and more like a US11. Anyone able to corroborate this - do the Bamba2 or Salomon in general this season fit more tightly?

Comment

• nyarkies
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
                  I’m ordering a pair of Bamba2s. I tried on another Salomon collab shoe last season, and UK10.5 fit my US11.5 feet perfectly. I’m now told by BBSNY though that this new iteration of them fit a bit tighter, and more like a US11. Anyone able to corroborate this - do the Bamba2 or Salomon in general this season fit more tightly?
                  Maybe they were referring to the Salomon Bamba 3? I'll find out since I just ordered the 3. I got the Bamba 2 when it was first released and I found that to be too snug even when I got my actual US size.

Comment

• wahnfrieden
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
                    Maybe they were referring to the Salomon Bamba 3? I'll find out since I just ordered the 3. I got the Bamba 2 when it was first released and I found that to be too snug even when I got my actual US size.
                    Ah - I had tried on the Speedcross which fit true to size. If it's just the Bamba 2 that fits significantly tighter than that, I am worried...

Edit: Ah, turns out BBSNY only has the lighter blue/grey version rather than jet black this season. Not sure if other retailers got jet black this time or not. :/
                    Last edited by wahnfrieden; 11-01-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• nyarkies
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by wahnfrieden View Post
                      Ah - I had tried on the Speedcross which fit true to size. If it's just the Bamba 2 that fits significantly tighter than that, I am worried...

Edit: Ah, turns out BBSNY only has the lighter blue/grey version rather than jet black this season. Not sure if other retailers got jet black this time or not. :/
                      I got the Bamba 3 in and went a half size up. It fits comfortable much more than the Bamba 2 when I went TTS. It feels as if I'm wearing an actual 9.5US mens size. From my limited experience, my assumption is going half size up is better. I know you're going for the Bamba 2 and I doubt fit will change season to season given it's still the same sneakers. I also doubt the object dyeing will shrink the synthetic and rubber material used.

My issue here is that online retailers don't display Salomon's size chart and just use their default size chart instead. So if you're not familiar with Salomon sizing and fit, you might end up getting a bad fitting pair just because of that.
                      Last edited by nyarkies; 11-05-2018, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• delicious_not
                        • Dec 2012

have a question about a fabric Rick used for FW17, the mix of "japanese baby alpaca", wool and nylon, fabric code CB. is it supposed to have tons of slubs all over, like peeling or something? honestly, that mix is amazing and i kind of like the look, but at the same time it just doesn't feel right.

i handled this fabric in a store a few months ago briefly and this crazy texture did not stood out to me, i remember it to be totally smooth, although the item i got now looks like it has been purposefully poked all over with a needle to let these loose knots give the fabric a bit of a boucle look. confused tbh.
                        Last edited by delicious_not; 11-07-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
                          have a question about a fabric Rick used for FW17, the mix of "japanese baby alpaca", wool and nylon, fabric code CB. is it supposed to have tons of slubs all over, like peeling or something? honestly, that mix is amazing and i kind of like the look, but at the same time it just doesn't feel right.

i handled this fabric in a store a few months ago briefly and this crazy texture did not stood out to me, i remember it to be totally smooth, although the item i got now looks like it has been purposefully poked all over with a needle to let these loose knots give the fabric a bit of a boucle look. confused tbh.
                          I have cropped trousers in this CB fabric. My experience is that the fabric is amazing (perfect winter fabric) and pretty consistent without any peeling effect... yet. I have only worn them once and stored since so not much experience though.
                          Grailed link

Comment

• delicious_not
                            • Dec 2012

oh shit, that's what i thought. YOOX is seriously testing my patience... again.

here's an example, pretty hard to capture because of the crepe texture though:

Last edited by delicious_not; 11-08-2018, 04:01 AM.

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

delicious_not- looks from photo: clothes moth or carpet beetle damage. The larvae can do their damage and not leave much other evidence. That's why I've approached wool with some trepidation these days.

Comment

• nyarkies
                                • Feb 2012

Going back to the 11 by BBS Bamba 2, has there been any fakes produced? I'm looking to buy an older season pair from the secondhand market and don't want to end up with a fake pair.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎