• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
    LCW is heavy calf leather
    LGW is washed lamb leather

I suppose I'll post this here as it's the most complete breakdown of Rick codes I've come across
    http://bit.ly/2iRZYIW
    that's incorrect. lgw is a lightweight waxy calf leather with a matte finish and paper-like feel. it's actually the same leather that used to use the code ll, and before that lt.

Comment

• Halibut
      • Sep 2014

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by blackfedora View Post
        I'm wondering if people who either own or have handled the Rick Owens FW14 Moody long version of the paneled peetrench could help me out on some questions.
        [CENTER]

1) My understanding is that the bicep portion of the jacket is made of cotton (+nylon?) and I was wondering if that portion is backed with any sort of insulation? The jacket is intended for winter use, but that portion seems awfully thin.

2) How heavy weight is the merino body portion? Good to -15℃ or thereabouts?

3) I'm a 48 with large shoulders and tend to size up with Rick to 50/L but have found that 52 is starting to be comfortable as well. Since I am likely to wear moderate weight sweaters underneath this piece, should I size up to a 52.

4) I also intend to add more front buttons or closure apparatuses so that I can wear it more easily without the belt on occasion, has anyone else done this with this piece?

Many thanks in advance for your collective help.

not a chance
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
          Do you know what model jacket is that? (hood and collar come off)

that is the J2 I said it in the comment above the quoted comment
          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• RegisteredFlexOffender
            • Jan 2017

Hi guys

I'm kindve freezing out here in my city and am in need of a cozy heavyweight hoodie. I am also looking for a Sherpa or fur lined workwear jacket or a coat. Have a ~$200 budget cause I'm sort've broke in college.

Comment

• blackfedora
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post

not a chance
              What temperature do you think is the lower limits for this piece?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

What temperature do you think is the lower limits for this piece?
                Man hard to say but Its not that warm and not very practical per se, it's a nice jacket though. The fur stuff is pretty arctic level tho

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

I've got a wool pea trench and I love it but it's definitely not for super cold temperatures. The wool on mine is pretty thick and stiff but it's only partially lined. If you want something really warm, better to go with down or shearling. If you size up, you could layer up and use this as your outer "shell", I went with a 50 (my normal Rick size) for a slimmer look but I can't fit a really heavy sweater under due to the slim sleeves and high armholes. Also, in case you didn't know, it is double breasted with hidden buttons running down the side panels, so you shouldn't need to be adding more closures.

I'm wondering if people who either own or have handled the Rick Owens FW14 Moody long version of the paneled peetrench could help me out on some questions.
                  [CENTER]

1) My understanding is that the bicep portion of the jacket is made of cotton (+nylon?) and I was wondering if that portion is backed with any sort of insulation? The jacket is intended for winter use, but that portion seems awfully thin.

3) I'm a 48 with large shoulders and tend to size up with Rick to 50/L but have found that 52 is starting to be comfortable as well. Since I am likely to wear moderate weight sweaters underneath this piece, should I size up to a 52.

4) I also intend to add more front buttons or closure apparatuses so that I can wear it more easily without the belt on occasion, has anyone else done this with this piece?

Many thanks in advance for your collective help.
                  music

Comment

• blackfedora
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by casem View Post
                    I've got a wool pea trench and I love it but it's definitely not for super cold temperatures. The wool on mine is pretty thick and stiff but it's only partially lined. If you want something really warm, better to go with down or shearling.
                    I've had to have that covered or I would have froze to death some time ago. The long Geo shearling from Mountain and the down exploder from Crust do the job keeping me alive. I've just wanted something classier looking since I got rid of my "nice" winter coat when I sold my CCP carpet coat (it just weighed too much...).

Originally posted by casem View Post
                    If you size up, you could layer up and use this as your outer "shell", I went with a 50 (my normal Rick size) for a slimmer look but I can't fit a really heavy sweater under due to the slim sleeves and high armholes. Also, in case you didn't know, it is double breasted with hidden buttons running down the side panels, so you shouldn't need to be adding more closures.
                    The version that I posted doesn't have any buttons beyond the neck ones and one at the top for closure (unless the are some hidden on the inner left side.)

Thank you casem and TriggerDiscipline for your valuable input, I will take it into consideration. I may end up buying the 52 and having a lining added to it for proper warmth.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Just some quick questions regarding the waxed Memphis jean by Rick Owens:
                      Yoox says they fit large – is that true? I’m having a hard time believing this since they are so tight. Also: how warm are waxed jeans? Do they get too warm indoors? Thanks in advance!
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Kuleshov
                        • Jul 2014

do u think I can wear these kinds of shorts with my Rick Owens Anfibio boots ?

thx !

Comment

• stagename
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          Just some quick questions regarding the waxed Memphis jean by Rick Owens:
                          Yoox says they fit large – is that true? I’m having a hard time believing this since they are so tight. Also: how warm are waxed jeans? Do they get too warm indoors? Thanks in advance!
                          My expereonce has been that the waist fits a size large (pretty much like the detroit cut sold under the mainline I've had) and that the thighs are tight as f*. They are also a short almost cropped kind of a pants. This was for two different memphis pants, none of which were waxed.

Comment

• Kuat
                            • Nov 2012

Got a cool new Guidi horse leather bag, but it smells (like fresh hide or fish).

It's got that untreated/suede texture on the inside, pleasant to the touch, but looking kind of raw.

Is this normal for leathers?

What do? Let it air out? Or are there any other solutions?
                            Last edited by Kuat; 01-16-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Kuat View Post

Got a cool new Guidi horse leather bag, but it smells (like fresh hide or fish).

It's got that untreated/suede texture on the inside, pleasant to the touch, but looking kind of raw.

Is this normal for leathers?

What do? Let it air out? Or are there any other solutions?
                              I’ve had that fish smell with a leather bag when I was in high school and it was so bad I had to leave it outside the classroom. I aired it out for two or three weeks on the balcony and it went away.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                                that's incorrect. lgw is a lightweight waxy calf leather with a matte finish and paper-like feel. it's actually the same leather that used to use the code ll, and before that lt.
                                Thanks, jskidder1 and Halibut. Helps a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎