X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I believe it's F/W 2008, but I could be wrong. I had the same coat in wool.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fractalis
      • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I believe it's F/W 2008, but I could be wrong. I had the same coat in wool.
      Thanks, good indication. Wool would be pretty nice too, although this one feels warmer than expected.

Comment

• mononon
        • Sep 2009

i believe you are right @faust. i have the same coat in purple.
        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by woupes View Post
          Anyone know what RU15F7764-LTK code for Rick leather jackets means?
          Here's a good resource: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...IJ1Z70E-8/edit

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
          Thanks for the info!
          Do you leave the case open all the time? And does it always come with the spray? I've seen some only shops depict it with and some without it.
          Depends on your preference. I like fragrances on occasion, so I usually leave mine closed. Yup, they always come with the scent, though just FYI its a dropper and not a spray.

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Thanks for clarifying!
            I think I’ll try the lava rocks once I burn through my candles, which are already quite intense – if I just leave the container open, I will catch a whiff of the smell from the other end of the room.
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• julian_doe
              • Mar 2013

Are the only Lava Rocks available those which are a collab with Boris?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                Are the only Lava Rocks available those which are a collab with Boris?
                Nah, they have all kinds of iterations.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• woupes
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                  Here's a good resource: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...IJ1Z70E-8/edit

Depends on your preference. I like fragrances on occasion, so I usually leave mine closed. Yup, they always come with the scent, though just FYI its a dropper and not a spray.
                  That is very helpful, thank you aussy

Comment

• julian_doe
                    • Mar 2013

Nah, they have all kinds of iterations.
                    Thanks, Nickefuge!

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Can I wash my thin (virgin) wool RO sweaters in a washing bag on the "hand wash" setting of my washing machine without damaging them?
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mamooon
                        • Jun 2015

Can I wash my thin (virgin) wool RO sweaters in a washing bag on the "hand wash" setting of my washing machine without damaging them?
                        Probably no one will tell you 'yes' as there still might be a risk that the sweaters can get damaged, BUT:
                        - Todays washing machines, especially the expenise ones like from MIELE, are very gentle, they can even treat the pieces more gentle compared to hand-wash as you might tend to squeeze the product too much with your hands
                        - Cold wash only AND if possible, no tumbling as tumbling can help shrinking the product
                        - And for sure, use a dedicated wool-detergent, i.e. no product with bleaching-ingredients and stuff like that.
                        - Indeed _I_ did damage a sweater by hand-washing it and i put a bit of too much effort in.
                        - As i'm a proud owner of a Miele-machine, since then I wash all my delicate stuff in the machine and all of them look and feel great
                        - For my beloved wool-pieces I use the detergent of 'the laundress'. Pretty expensive over here in Europe but smells divine and is pretty 'natural' with no harmful ingredients.

So, it's up on you, basically today the manufacturers of known brands of washine machines even recommend to use these for delicate products and to avoid washing by hand. But as probably the label of the item says 'hand wash only' - well, decide on your own risk.
                        ;)

Comment

• arby2001
                          • Jan 2011

why is most of the good stuff on farfetch so hideously overpriced?

an example is this coat from TVA which is 5,000 GBP before discount and 2,000 after.

actual price in japan...96,000 yen which is still 3x cheaper than the farfetch 'discounted' price
                          dont tell me import duties add up to 1,400 GBP, it's just not believable - i've imported stuff before

lest you think im cherrypicking, check out their rick stuff too...everything is 50% more expensive than antonioli or ssense (or even my local boutique! lol)

the only thing worth buying from farfetch are turd brands like marcelo burlon
                          too skinny for rick

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by mamooon View Post
                            Probably no one will tell you 'yes' as there still might be a risk that the sweaters can get damaged, BUT:
                            - Todays washing machines, especially the expenise ones like from MIELE, are very gentle, they can even treat the pieces more gentle compared to hand-wash as you might tend to squeeze the product too much with your hands
                            - Cold wash only AND if possible, no tumbling as tumbling can help shrinking the product
                            - And for sure, use a dedicated wool-detergent, i.e. no product with bleaching-ingredients and stuff like that.
                            - Indeed _I_ did damage a sweater by hand-washing it and i put a bit of too much effort in.
                            - As i'm a proud owner of a Miele-machine, since then I wash all my delicate stuff in the machine and all of them look and feel great
                            - For my beloved wool-pieces I use the detergent of 'the laundress'. Pretty expensive over here in Europe but smells divine and is pretty 'natural' with no harmful ingredients.

So, it's up on you, basically today the manufacturers of known brands of washine machines even recommend to use these for delicate products and to avoid washing by hand. But as probably the label of the item says 'hand wash only' - well, decide on your own risk.
                            ;)
                            Thank you for your answer. My washing machine is not particularly fancy (Bauknecht) but does feature a wool/hand wash setting that’s 35 minutes at 25°C (77°F), so I might actually try it with a mild detergent/wool detergent, I still have some by Aesop left over, so I might try that one (a shame they’ve discontinued it).
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post

an example is this coat from TVA which is 5,000 GBP before discount and 2,000 after.

actual price in japan...96,000 yen which is still 3x cheaper than the farfetch 'discounted' price
                              dont tell me import duties add up to 1,400 GBP, it's just not believable - i've imported stuff before

lest you think im cherrypicking, check out their rick stuff too...everything is 50% more expensive than antonioli or ssense (or even my local boutique! lol)

Because FarFetch takes 20-30 percent commission from stores, so they have to hike up their prices. They still hope to give you an impression that you are nevertheless getting a bargain when things go on "sale." Some people just like to know they are getting a deal. FarFetch is under tremendous pressure to make money. Their stock has lost 70% of its value since being listed earlier this years, and they are about to be hit with a bunch of class action suits from investors. They must be panicking like hell.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• haydn
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post

Pricing also depends on where an item ships from and it’s destination. You can change your country selection and you’ll often see pricing change. Of course you can’t expect Japanese designers to be the same price online when shipped from a small European boutique, but often you can find European designers shipping worldwide for “market” price or less. Rick Owens for example is often a bit lower on Farfetch when shipped from Europe to the US (compared to pricing in ricks USA stores or his US website). When you factor in promos you can save a good chunk of cash. I get about 30/40 % of my yearly purchasing from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎