X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stagename
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by chaiwallah View Post
    Marsell shoes are generally great quality - have had a couple of pairs running for years now. They definitely come up large.

Agreed on BBS jeans - I have varied between M to XL
    For P11 and P13, BBS has been more consistent over the last 2-3 years imo, almost all my pants (5+) except the XTF are large (32-34). I have M and XL pre-2013 though, and they fit like the "L" I have from subsequent collections.

Comment

• matglenn
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by PenguinBlubber View Post
      - Is anyone familiar with the sizing of Marsell shoes? And how is their quality?
      Marsell footwear tends to run a full size large, at least the ones that I have come across. I only own one pair but the leather looks and feels quite nice after a lot of wear and the soles feel very solid, I don't predict i'll be having any issues with them. Overall I would not pay retail for them as I think one could find a much nicer shoe for the price, but if you can find them at a good price I would recommend them.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
        Guys, has anyone had experience with NikeLab Lunar Force 1 sneakers?

I'm interested to know how they fit. True to size, or not (larger/smaller)?
        True to size, same as air forces.

Comment

• PenguinBlubber
          • Mar 2016

Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna pull the trigger on both the BBS jeans and the Marsell shoes.

Comment

• RK1
            • May 2013

How much money goes into making a pair of 500 euro boots?
            My specific example is a pair of Nico Uytterhaegen leather boots..

For a relatively small brand (in comparison to BBS, Rick etc which are also priced way higher) how much does the designer spend for the materials for the shoes, what is the cost of making such a pair?
            And also, what is the profit for the store selling such shoes? What I'm trying to get at, are boots like these only priced that high because people in this kind of niche are willing to pay for them or is it actually a "fair" price, cost of materials, salary etc considered?

I'm very ignorant in this matter and would appreciate some enlightenment - also I am sorry if its not the right place to ask; please do remove/delete the post in that
            case.

Edit: Thanks for the advice Faust, I bought them and they seem to be both well made and very comfy.

Comment

• Usul
              • Jan 2013

Any idea how to contact the owner of this store? The selection is pretty good (too good actually):

It's probably the same person who's behind this website http://altera-store.com/ but the user hasn't been online here for months. Maybe someone dealt with him before and has recent contacts?

Comment

• byhand
                • Dec 2011

The store is suspicious. I recognize some of those photos from Grailed. The selection is too good not to get people talking about it. I've never heard of it. Contact button gives no info. Looks like a dead site or a fantasy site.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Usul View Post
                  Any idea how to contact the owner of this store? The selection is pretty good (too good actually):

It's probably the same person who's behind this website http://altera-store.com/ but the user hasn't been online here for months. Maybe someone dealt with him before and has recent contacts?
                  I don't know anything about the alteraw domain but altera store definitely exists. You can try calling +7 (495) 621-78-91 (try because I am not sure if SAs in brick and mortar store speak English) which is a store sharing the showroom with altera and ask them about the particular item.

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
                    • Oct 2014

Anyone know where to find Rick Owens blazer buttons?

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rick-A-Doodle View Post
                      Anyone know where to find Rick Owens blazer buttons?
                      Try contacting OwensCorp (email is on the website somewhere). They send me buttons a few years ago for a pair of pants.

Comment

• Salaspangler
                        • May 2016

Winters coming in Chicago and it's my first winter with some of my nicer clothes, so I don't really know if I should be worried about combining them and the weather. Mostly worried about my geos and the slush/snow/road salt and my Julius leather jacket (was dyed black from brown at some point so I'm mostly worried about this) and the snow. Do I have to do anything special to. Are for them around this season? Thanks <3

Comment

• monstruocartin
                          • Nov 2016

Just received my rick owens boat shoes. Noticed the sole is relatively soft compare to margom soles. Do you guys recommend to add some heel protector?

Comment

• skullkid
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by monstruocartin View Post
                            Just received my rick owens boat shoes. Noticed the sole is relatively soft compare to margom soles. Do you guys recommend to add some heel protector?

so, whats that thing that already stuck at the heel?

Comment

• broken_chairs
                              • Sep 2015

I've got an odd question here - got an old navy Viridi-anne leather jacket in size 50 rather than the usual 1-5 sizing. Just wondering if anyone here knows what sort of era they may have used that sizing? or why - maybe it was used for markets outside of japan? - Cheers

Comment

• monstruocartin
                                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by skullkid View Post
                                so, whats that thing that already stuck at the heel?

Found that from a quick search on google. Some folks added vibram soles at their back of RO shoes to prolong its lifespan. Just curious if anyone does that to their RO?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎