• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drizzly
    Banned
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Halibut View Post
    I've been looking at this new designer named Saddam Teissy and his stuff is extremely reminiscent of Poell's work, particularly the leathers and taped seam coats. I'm not a ccp expert and don't own anything from him but Teissy's stuff seems almost like a rip off. Does anyone know if he worked for Poell or something? I didn't want to make a new thread since I don't have much info.
    This looks like devoa and ccp had sex and didn't abort the child.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Anyone ever try hand washing a Rick soft blazer? I figure because it has no structure it should turn out OK. Alternately any recommendations on NYC cleaners you trust? My most favorite Rick blazer is due for a cleaning but I'm always wary of cleaners. Used Chris French a few times and they're OK but they've chipped some buttons before.
      music

Comment

• saniityhd
        • Dec 2013

So I have this old Helmut Lang-jacket that I received from a friend way back.
        Now I need to sell it cause it doesnt fit me anymore and I dont know what year it was made or nothing about it. Is there any collector out there that could give me any info to be able to estimate its worth? Not sure if its worthwhile, but just want to know if I own something of value!

Thank you for the potential help!

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by casem View Post
          Anyone ever try hand washing a Rick soft blazer? I figure because it has no structure it should turn out OK. Alternately any recommendations on NYC cleaners you trust? My most favorite Rick blazer is due for a cleaning but I'm always wary of cleaners. Used Chris French a few times and they're OK but they've chipped some buttons before.
          bring it to slainbabyyc

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

lol err maybe not
            Originally posted by aussy View Post
            bring it to slainbabyyc
            music

Comment

• eleves
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by casem View Post
              I've had pretty good experiences with King Garment Care but they happen to be quite pricy!
              Originally posted by Faust
              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

Does anyone remember the name of the artist who made those heads that float in Rick’s and Michele’s living room?
                TIA
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• DNHT
                  • Dec 2015

Originally posted by saniityhd View Post
                  So I have this old Helmut Lang-jacket that I received from a friend way back.
                  Now I need to sell it cause it doesnt fit me anymore and I dont know what year it was made or nothing about it. Is there any collector out there that could give me any info to be able to estimate its worth? Not sure if its worthwhile, but just want to know if I own something of value!

Thank you for the potential help!

Try Endyma: they sell a lot of vintage Helmut Lang - maybe they might even take it off your hands...

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                    Does anyone remember the name of the artist who made those heads that float in Rick’s and Michele’s living room?
                    TIA
                    Barry X Ball. We did a two-part profile on him on SZ mag, plus a few other posts. One of the most interesting, erudite people I know.

StyleZeitgeist is a destination for individuals who are passionate about fashion design and its relationship with the rest of culture. We promote an avid discussion between fashion fans on our forum, and deliver news and opinion that stand apart from the mainstream fashion media via our magazine. Our e-commerce site supports young designers whose talent we believe in. Our goal is to cut through the noise and hype that surrounds much of fashion today.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Thanks!
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

how does BBS yak leather compare to horse?

Comment

• CAD
                          • Nov 2010

Hi,

Anyone have heard about the Japanese brand named "dr.franken"?

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Okay maybe that will sound like the most ridiculous question but it seems I'll start to do a lot of cycling from mid-summer onward. Now I wear P11 (which don't seem to be cycling friendly) or swingers almost exclusively and I'm looking for alternatives that will look like something that I would normally wear but that could take extensive wear due to cycling. Veilance doesn't fit me, outlier looks a bit too simple for me ... Any thoughts?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                              • Jul 2013

I feel your pain, I went through a similar dilemma with skating. If I'm trying new things, I'll only wear cheap clothes except maybe on top. I'm OK with worn-in, stained clothes with holes, but not ruined beyond repair because I ate pavement the wrong way one time. But even if I'm just taking it easy, griptape eats through shoes and there's no boardfeel, and so it's just Rick except the shoes, and even then, drop crotch and skirts get annoyingly restrictive. That's why this is the greatest WAYWT of all time:

I don't think I answered your small question at all. N&F I guess, or maybe Devoa?
                              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

is the crotch too low on P11?

I always just wear jeans with strech when I ride a bike. I got tired of being picky with brands when it comes to denim, plenty of options
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎