Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoFiya
    • Sep 2007

^ thanks! Not the right choice because of durability or comfort? From your response, I assume rather comfort? I am not too much into the good years honestly because of the wider shaft vs. the prosthetic boots. And I prefer boots over derbies any day (:

However, it seems rather hard to get those anyway since most stores only have kangaroo or not my size in stock.
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• haydn
      • Feb 2013

Does anyone have any idea what this Rick Owens leather square would be?

https://www.therealreal.com/products/women/accessories/scarves-and-shawls/rick-owens-daniel-square-scarf

Doubtful it's a scarf (as they suggest). Interested as I loved that collection (and my name is on the tag).

Comment

• Campe92
        • Jan 2017

Maybe it's a stupid question, but someone knows why the works of some designers like Deepti or Maurizio Altieri, have no pictures on shops website, or quite often you can purchase their works only at the physical store? Who decide this kind of things? the store? the designer? both? why?
        "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• Jeroenr
          • May 2016

Originally posted by Campe92 View Post
          Maybe it's a stupid question, but someone knows why the works of some designers like Deepti or Maurizio Altieri, have no pictures on shops website, or quite often you can purchase their works only at the physical store? Who decide this kind of things? the store? the designer? both? why?
          I think its the designer making that decision.

This is from an interview with Darklands:

The Internet changed everything, particularly in retail. What is the dichotomy of in-store versus online? Now that you carry brands that are in-store only, how is that dynamic changing?

In the beginning, two-thirds of Darklands sales were online, but that is definitely not the case anymore. Since coming to this space 6 years ago, our in-store business has strongly increased every year. Now, yes, we are starting to sell brands that do not allow online sales, something that was for me, unimaginable, a few years ago. I think there seems to be a push back against online selling from some of the more independent minded designers and I understand their reasoning for this and in many ways, agree with their thinking.

Source: https://www.grailed.com/drycleanonly/darklands

There you see that certain brands dont allow internet sales.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

The designers. Believe me, stores don't like it. Why limit your ways of selling? I understand the desire on the part of the designers for their clothes to be experienced. On the flip side, you can say this is simply self-important bullshit and I myself have limited bandwidth for this. The crux of the matter I suppose is trying to maintain some kind of authenticity when it comes to connecting the product to the buyer. But there really is no way of telling whether it's a real fan of the brand buying online or just a hypebeast. In any case - there are ways around it. I am sure if you phone it in or ask by email, stores will be happy to oblige.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Anyone tried Label Under Construction's military comforter cover fabric? 51% linen, 49% cotton. How's the weight/feel/etc?

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                • Oct 2015

I received a newsletter from DLB stating that Deepti will be available for online purchase for the first time ever. It makes me wonder if the ultra exclusive brands are becoming less pretentious due to lack of sales. I've always had and understanding of why brands require a stockist not to list prices but, not allowing pictures of the product to be displayed is just plain foolish.

Comment

• STEALTH
                  • Feb 2008

Just my ¥50 but I think it used to be about protecting the designs and designers from getting ripped off by other brands before the collection was released.
                  Of course, these days, when all the Brands just mostly do cheap photocopies of the same 4 - 5 visionaries from back in the day it's much less of an issue.
                  However over here in Japan all the Brands are still pretty uptight about showing pictures early. What makes it more ironic is that the bigger the thief the more they think people are ripping them off. It's actually quite comical ! No names mentioned of course ; )
                  https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by STEALTH View Post
                    Just my ¥50 but I think it used to be about protecting the designs and designers from getting ripped off by other brands before the collection was released.
                    Of course, these days, when all the Brands just mostly do cheap photocopies of the same 4 - 5 visionaries from back in the day it's much less of an issue.
                    However over here in Japan all the Brands are still pretty uptight about showing pictures early. What makes it more ironic is that the bigger the thief the more they think people are ripping them off. It's actually quite comical ! No names mentioned of course ; )
                    lmao tell that to ID Heart that does early preorder and shows everything.
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• STEALTH
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                      lmao tell that to ID Heart that does early preorder and shows everything.
                      Tell them what ?
                      https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Anyone successfully treat (condition/dye/etc) Guidi's cordovan cont and then bring back the nap with a suede brush?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Oh man, a nap is what I need right now.
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                            • Jul 2013

Recs for laceup boots that are 10"+? Looking for ones without zippers. So far my shortlist includes M.A+ (unconfirmed), Layer-0 (somewhat limited?), Guidi (791/991), C-Diem 7-holes, A1923. Am I missing anyone obvious?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                              Recs for laceup boots that are 10"+? Looking for ones without zippers. So far my shortlist includes M.A+ (unconfirmed), Layer-0 (somewhat limited?), Guidi (791/991), C-Diem 7-holes, A1923. Am I missing anyone obvious?
                              I'll sell you my Individual Sentiments laceups - they are quite perfect.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ElPopoto
                                • Aug 2017

Could someone direct me to information regarding vibram? I honestly couldn't find any. I purchased a Guidi 788z pair and I'd like to get them vibrammed to make the soles last longer. Do I just purchase one off vibram.com and get my cobbler to attach it? How does it exactly fit the soles?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎