Page 737 of 737 FirstFirst ... 237637687727728729730731732733734735736737
Results 14,721 to 14,732 of 14732

Thread: Small questions thread

  1. #14721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by delicious_not View Post
    also, after a few e-mail exchanges with Yoox the total price for that Stravinsky is about 85% off retail, so i guess i'll find a way to appreciate that worn look lol.
    Yoox once sent me a pair of shorts with a hole in them. That was the last time I shopped there. Damn.

    Unrelated: How do you store your leathers for winter? I don't want to hang them because some are too heavy to be hang for an extended period of time. I don't want to stack them because it might leave creases. I'm kind of puzzled. First world problems.

  2. #14722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    Yoox once sent me a pair of shorts with a hole in them. That was the last time I shopped there. Damn.

    Unrelated: How do you store your leathers for winter? I don't want to hang them because some are too heavy to be hang for an extended period of time. I don't want to stack them because it might leave creases. I'm kind of puzzled. First world problems.
    isnt that the time you should be whipping them out?
    LOL

    Anyways, maybe you roll them and put in a garment bag. I think rolling is better than folding as it helps to lessen the creasing?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................


    Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

  3. #14723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    isnt that the time you should be whipping them out?
    LOL

    Anyways, maybe you roll them and put in a garment bag. I think rolling is better than folding as it helps to lessen the creasing?
    Yeah it was -5C yseterday (that's 23F for my ameri-friends ;)) and it was snowing, and it only gets worse from here. My shearling is starting to feel cold. If you have a heated leather jacket, hit me up ;)

    Thanks for the rolling suggestion. That's how I pack suitcases for the same reason, I think it sounds like a winning strategy. Will report back in April. Ha. Thanks!

  4. #14724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stagename View Post
    If you have a heated leather jacket, hit me up ;)
    The trick is to always be slightly drunk.
    Or as the German saying goes: "Das wärmste Jäckchen ist ein Cognäckchen." ("The warmest jacket is a cognac." – this rhymes in German)
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

  5. #14725

    Default

    I just picked up a pair of the Rick Owens Tractor Dunks and I have been having some toruble breaking them in. I believe the leather on the boot is leather (read it was cow or horse I believe?)and I looked online and saw some people recommending you use a hair dryer to soften the problematic spots. Would you guys recommend this? Just afraid to irrepraibly damage the leather or should i just tough it out?

  6. #14726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOCHIMINH View Post
    I just picked up a pair of the Rick Owens Tractor Dunks and I have been having some toruble breaking them in. I believe the leather on the boot is leather (read it was cow or horse I believe?)and I looked online and saw some people recommending you use a hair dryer to soften the problematic spots. Would you guys recommend this? Just afraid to irrepraibly damage the leather or should i just tough it out?
    Personally, I wouldn’t try that. The leather might become too dry and start to crack. Just give it some more time or maybe try some leather-stretching spray if they don’t soften up.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

  7. #14727
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Darmstadt, Germany
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOCHIMINH View Post
    I just picked up a pair of the Rick Owens Tractor Dunks and I have been having some toruble breaking them in. I believe the leather on the boot is leather (read it was cow or horse I believe?)and I looked online and saw some people recommending you use a hair dryer to soften the problematic spots. Would you guys recommend this? Just afraid to irrepraibly damage the leather or should i just tough it out?
    I did that to my horse leather 10Sei0otto sneakers. They were a bit too narrow. Didnt worked out. But didnt do any damage either. Took them to a cobbler to stretch them.

  8. #14728

    Default

    Hey man thank you so much for your reply. Is there a specific leather-stretching spray you recommend?

  9. #14729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HOCHIMINH View Post
    Hey man thank you so much for your reply. Is there a specific leather-stretching spray you recommend?
    you need something like this:
    https://www.shoecaresupplies.com/pro...is-stretch.htm

    life will be good once you get it
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................


    Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

  10. #14730

    Default

    Vintage stores around me really suck so I'm looking towards online sellers like ebay to start building up my collection. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but what tips do you guys have for buying online? I'm getting my measurements taken at some point but aside from that, anything in particular I should do or look at before buying online?

  11. #14731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyDagger View Post
    Vintage stores around me really suck so I'm looking towards online sellers like ebay to start building up my collection. Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but what tips do you guys have for buying online? I'm getting my measurements taken at some point but aside from that, anything in particular I should do or look at before buying online?
    For me if it is not a new piece best way is to ask the size of the seller. How tall is he and how much the person weights.
    Some sites has the model height and weight listed along with the size of the garment they are wearing which helps a lot.

  12. #14732

    Default

    The sizing help thread on this of forum can be a good source of information: http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...36-Sizing-help

    Search for designers, if pieces stay true to size over different collections for example. Many general questions like that have already been answered.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •