X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TriggerDiscipline
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by supercilious View Post
    What do the guts of YYPH suits look like? Do they have similar construction to trad. tailoring? Canvassing etc.
    depends on the jacket, you will have to be very specific
    Originally posted by unwashed
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Originally posted by Ahimsa
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• supercilious
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
      depends on the jacket, you will have to be very specific
      Hm, wasn't referring to one in particular, nor do I have plans to purchase one any time soon. I'm more just wondering how what I understand to be his philosophy on clothing translates to structured construction. A lot of his jackets are cut very generously/ or with a lot of drape as well and I'm not sure what the internals looks like.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by supercilious View Post
        Hm, wasn't referring to one in particular, nor do I have plans to purchase one any time soon. I'm more just wondering how what I understand to be his philosophy on clothing translates to structured construction. A lot of his jackets are cut very generously/ or with a lot of drape as well and I'm not sure what the internals looks like.
        every single individual style is different so you have to be specific.
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

I've been trying to find this but the internet hasn't been very helpful so far. Do you guys know shops that carry Julius in Paris. I know l'eclaireur does but haven't found others.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
            I've been trying to find this but the internet hasn't been very helpful so far. Do you guys know shops that carry Julius in Paris. I know l'eclaireur does but haven't found others.

I suggest supporting japanese designers with more concrete visions in this day and age, but im just some dude on the internet so go for it.

I dont have any particular suggestions either so im not being the best help.
            Last edited by TriggerDiscipline; 05-07-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

• WolfSchwet
              • Apr 2019

Need a dust bag long enough for my huge basically ankle length wool coat to store it over the summer.My (admittedly half arsed) Googling finds me wedding dress bags. Anyone have any they normally go for? Is this the sort of thing where there is any point buying any in particular? I've got an open rail type situation rather than a wardrobe because my room is stupid so would like to keep it fresh over the next few months where it is too warm for it. Should it be breathable I'm guessing? Also I'm paranoid over moths and the like so I'm not sure if that should be a consideration too.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

I have the same situation at home and I’ve found pretty decent dust bags on eBay. They’re even black.
                You can prevent moths by using hangers made out of cedar wood.
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                  as a fellow parisian, I would be interested to know too.... I have a vague memory of having seen some Julius at L'éclaireur a while ago, but if I recall correctly it might have been at l'éclaireur champs elysées, which is now closed... I don't remember seeing it at Herold.... (?)

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                  I suggest supporting japanese designers with more concrete visions in this day and age, but im just some dude on the internet so go for it.

I dont have any particular suggestions either so im not being the best help.
                  Curious to know what Japanese designers with more vision you would suggest !

Comment

• stagename
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by WolfSchwet View Post
                    Need a dust bag long enough for my huge basically ankle length wool coat to store it over the summer.My (admittedly half arsed) Googling finds me wedding dress bags. Anyone have any they normally go for? Is this the sort of thing where there is any point buying any in particular? I've got an open rail type situation rather than a wardrobe because my room is stupid so would like to keep it fresh over the next few months where it is too warm for it. Should it be breathable I'm guessing? Also I'm paranoid over moths and the like so I'm not sure if that should be a consideration too.
                    My (unrequested) two cents: I would recommend a sealed bag over a dust bag with cedar. Cedar, like mothballs, is rather ineffective in open spaces. You can air it out every now and then.

Comment

• blackswan
                      • Feb 2011

Anyone knows what type of leather is the 'LRO' from Rick Owens ?Possibly lamb ?

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Does anyone know if there’s a way to re-tighten the leg opening of over-knee RO sock sneakers?
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• ahn
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          Does anyone know if there’s a way to re-tighten the leg opening of over-knee RO sock sneakers?
                          I had mine taken in by a tailor well experienced with leatherwork.
                          They are tighter now, but with almost any movement still slip down and bunch unattractively around my knees. Not sure what the solution is.
                          some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Thanks for the answer, might give it a try!
                            Maybe the solution to your problem could be sewing in a stripe of clingy fabric or even a rubber band?
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Monumentalism
                              • Jun 2019

Hey all.

I'm new to StyleZeitgeist, though I am by no means new to fashion. I've had a lot of shifts in wardrobe over the past couple of years, though I think I'm at that point where I want to settle down and focus on a different take than what I am usually into.

I started out paying attention to fashion by mainly going the streetwear route, but seeing as how vapid and incorrigible the industry has become, I've started to become a lot more fascinated by dark, niche, avant-garde designers such as Forme D'Expression, Ann Demeulemeester, John Lawrence Sullivan, etc.

I just wanted to know if there were possibly some reading material (books, articles, guides, etc.) that would help me grasp a better understand of what this aesthetic conveys. I've read a couple of the works that are on the blog portion of this website, as well as I've been reading some of the posts Mr. Rabkin has been putting out on Highsnobiety (Speaking as a writer as well, I genuinely enjoy his approach), but I would love to hear other suggestions.

I'm probably overthinking it a bunch, but I generally enjoy taking an analytical approach to diving into a subsect of fashion.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monumentalism View Post
                                Hey all.

I'm new to StyleZeitgeist, though I am by no means new to fashion. I've had a lot of shifts in wardrobe over the past couple of years, though I think I'm at that point where I want to settle down and focus on a different take than what I am usually into.

I started out paying attention to fashion by mainly going the streetwear route, but seeing as how vapid and incorrigible the industry has become, I've started to become a lot more fascinated by dark, niche, avant-garde designers such as Forme D'Expression, Ann Demeulemeester, John Lawrence Sullivan, etc.

I just wanted to know if there were possibly some reading material (books, articles, guides, etc.) that would help me grasp a better understand of what this aesthetic conveys. I've read a couple of the works that are on the blog portion of this website, as well as I've been reading some of the posts Mr. Rabkin has been putting out on Highsnobiety (Speaking as a writer as well, I genuinely enjoy his approach), but I would love to hear other suggestions.

I'm probably overthinking it a bunch, but I generally enjoy taking an analytical approach to diving into a subsect of fashion.

Thanks in advance.
                                Mr. Rabkin would like to thank you for the compliment. :) Honestly, these boards are a wealth of information, though I understand that they may be a lot to go through. Otherwise, utilize the search function on the magazine's website - plenty of articles there. And, well, ask away here!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎