• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by RK1 View Post
    What footwear are you guys wearing during the summer months?

I'm looking for inspiration or suggestions..
    Derbies with low socks and cropped pants. I've embraced the Thom Browne look (not fully, cause he goes with shorts). No sneakers or creeprs - plastic soles don't let air through and make you sweat. Leather or bust.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lex1017
      • Jul 2015

Just grabbed the Boris x Salomons. Not sure if they are super breathable but I am psyched to test em out. Continuing to run a pair of Ramones into the ground. Rick Combats as well. All awful choices, but I'm a stubborn fucker.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Derbies with low socks and cropped pants. I've embraced the Thom Browne look (not fully, cause he goes with shorts). No sneakers or creeprs - plastic soles don't let air through and make you sweat. Leather or bust.
        agree, except when its super warm and I know I will have to keep my shoes on for the entire day, the only thing I can wear is sneakers, but they have to have a mesh upper that lets in air, definitely not leather sneakers with rubber soles. I also use these breathable insoles which are a lot better than any factory sneaker insoles.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Erich Fromm
          • May 2017

Faust which derbies do you wear? I'm on the lookout for a good pair myself.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Erich Fromm View Post
            Faust which derbies do you wear? I'm on the lookout for a good pair myself.
            My go to are the diagonal zippered m.a.+ I often get stopped in the street, because zippered shoes are such a novel idea, I guess. Then I have a pair of A1923 with contrasting laces, and now I picked up the laceless GUIDIs, which will be perfect.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Erich Fromm
              • May 2017

My go to are the diagonal zippered m.a.+ I often get stopped in the street, because zippered shoes are such a novel idea, I guess. Then I have a pair of A1923 with contrasting laces, and now I picked up the laceless GUIDIs, which will be perfect.
              Do you vibram your derbies? I find the Augusta soles to be incredibly fragile without vibram.

Comment

• ahn
                • Jul 2012

sigh so the sleeve on my RO classic biker jacket in lamb leather ripped... a triangular flap of leather now billows in the wind on the upper arm. I have no idea how it happened. It's nowhere near a seam, it's right on the outside of the sleeve. I'm just at a loss as to what to do with it now. I don't have any pictures of it at the minute. Any repair will be insanely visible and of course it won't match on the other side...
                some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• dji
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                  sigh so the sleeve on my RO classic biker jacket in lamb leather ripped... a triangular flap of leather now billows in the wind on the upper arm. I have no idea how it happened. It's nowhere near a seam, it's right on the outside of the sleeve. I'm just at a loss as to what to do with it now. I don't have any pictures of it at the minute. Any repair will be insanely visible and of course it won't match on the other side...
                  are you going to Paris this year ahn? the Rick Paris boutique was super helpful when my wife's jacket needed a repair a few years back.

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by dji View Post
                    are you going to Paris this year ahn? the Rick Paris boutique was super helpful when my wife's jacket needed a repair a few years back.
                    Unfortunately I'm not back this year. I also bought it "used" so I can't even really return to the original retailer even though I've personally only had it for three months and it was in "as new" condition when I bought it. I'm so gutted.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ahn View Post
                      Unfortunately I'm not back this year. I also bought it "used" so I can't even really return to the original retailer even though I've personally only had it for three months and it was in "as new" condition when I bought it. I'm so gutted.
                      hh fair enough! My wife's jacket wasn't bought from their store (I think it was from MyHabit or some other online retailer?) however they never asked about where it was purchased.

Comment

• ahn
                        • Jul 2012

That's very helpful to know!! The lovely JurassicSnark has offered to help get it there when she's next inParis, sooner than I'll be - so that's an option! Otherwise I'm considering trying to either cover the rip with patches or some kind of creative embroidery?

Comment

• zen dog
                          • Jan 2014

Hi ahn, you can go to pinterest and search "how to stitch a wound" - I've saved a page or two there. Seems appropriate when dealing with leather.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I'm a bit skeptical that they'd be able to pull off any type of magic that a good tailor couldn't, especially if its a proper rip.

Leather tends to sometimes rip in a triangular shape. Hard to say without seeing, but maybe it would be good to patch it up properly if it's not possible to hide. How about a band shaped patch that goes around the sleeve (in similar leather) or just something completely different like an embroidery?

I've seen ripped leather glued etc with varying results but I imagine there is a good chance it will be noticable and might not hold.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ScyStyl
                              • Jun 2017

I go naked in the summer. Why sweat in my clothes?
                              I'd go naked to work instead wearing Crocs. Well... Everyone has the right to wear what they like. Maybe it's just me who is looking for a good reason to get naked hahahahaha

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                                • Sep 2015

I think Lowrey's advice is good. Depending on the size of the rip, my leather guy would patch it underneath and then sew it as imperceptibly as possible. Adding a band of something, whether leather or something else, could actually be really cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎