Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PenguinBlubber
    • Mar 2016

What's the best way to wash a pair of waxed drkshdw jeans? Is there any reason to worry about the wax coming off in a cold delicate cycle?

Comment

• mamooon
      • Jun 2015

A couple of months ago i was asking same question at a DIESEL-store and they handed out a lil' leaflet with "washing"-instructions giving the advice to never ever wash a jeans. Leave it outside on the balcony for a way so the jeans will loose any kind of smell, to fight against microbes, bacteria and more uncomfortable smell you should, as the leaflet says, put the jeans for a day (or longer) in the freezer as the minus-temperatures remove smell, bacteria and microbes. Same advice did the owner of PRPS-jeans mention in an interview, but, well, i can imagine many still feel uncomfortable as still skin-cells, dirt and stuff is after freezing still on the denim, so: here are some additional ideas, even they mention the freezing-method:
      Citizens of Humanity | AG Jeans | Paige Denim | J Brand How To Wash Coated Leatherette Waxed Jeans I’ve received lots of questions in the past about how to wash your coated jeans, you know th…

In case you'll carefully hand-wash the jeans, use mildest detergent you're gonna find which should not contain any bleaching ingredients. "The Laundress" jeans-detergent works pretty well for me, but any cheap product might do the trick as well.
      Good luck ;)

Comment

• neparlepas
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
        I’ve had that fish smell with a leather bag when I was in high school and it was so bad I had to leave it outside the classroom. I aired it out for two or three weeks on the balcony and it went away.
        Had exactly the same problem and end up forgetting the bag somewhere. Weeks later the smell was gone.
        Last edited by neparlepas; 01-18-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Originally posted by PenguinBlubber View Post
          What's the best way to wash a pair of waxed drkshdw jeans? Is there any reason to worry about the wax coming off in a cold delicate cycle?
          I wash my pairs all the time, on a wool / hand-wash cycle at 30ºC and they're totally fine.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• stagename
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mamooon View Post
            A couple of months ago i was asking...
            The never ending should i wash my jeans debate. Seems like not washing them might lead to premature tears. In terms of bacteria, a grad student from u of calgary studied this and found out that there was about no difference between a jean that had been wash 3 days or 15 months ago: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...at-least-study

Comment

• unwashed
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by stagename View Post
              The never ending should i wash my jeans debate. Seems like not washing them might lead to premature tears. In terms of bacteria, a grad student from u of calgary studied this and found out that there was about no difference between a jean that had been wash 3 days or 15 months ago: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...at-least-study
              I used to only soak my jeans in a water/vinegar mix. Most jeans got soaked after two years of wear, hence my username which stuck when I signed up here way back.
              I had some of my jeans form a new kind of a waxy/greasy layer lol.
              Grailed link

Comment

• mamooon
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by stagename View Post
                Thanks, interesting link! So, we might agree that not washing a jeans won't have any risks on your health at more or less normal conditions, but even if the freezer can't get rid of some odor you still might want to wash the pair of jeans. I agree to mrbeuys, 30 degree celsius works fine for me as well, using a drop of a very mild detergent, no spin-drying and i lay 'em flat on a towel to dry slowly as squeezing and wringing the water out might have a negative impact unless you'd luv to get sort of a 'structure'.
                The tag of the jeans probably says 'dry clean only'?
                ;)

Comment

• DNHT
                  • Dec 2015

The 'mild' detergent thing is important: I made the mistake of washing a pair of waxed denims (RO) with regular detergent (at 30C)... and said 'bye bye' to the wax.

The 'dry clean only' label seems to have been used by manufacturers for years, maybe to protect themselves? I have plain white cotton shirts from CdG and YYPH both of which say 'dry clean only' - but why would you dry-clean a plain cotton shirt? With a bit of experience (and the occasional costly mistake), the behaviour of most fabrics upon encountering water and agitation is pretty predictable.

Comment

• 13we2
                    • Sep 2015

Saw on fb group a fellow quoted from Boris himself: hand wash the vinyl pants inside out in 30C clean water, that's how Boris does it himself.

Comment

• nvsnli
                      • Mar 2013

Could someone recommend me a black turtleneck?
                      Not a thin but a little more substantial and something on the slimmer side.

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
                        Could someone recommend me a black turtleneck?
                        Not a thin but a little more substantial and something on the slimmer side.
                        this forme one is so good. i have it from last year in grey. it is fairly lightweight, has a dry texture and gives just the right amount of warmth.
                        http://hotoveli.com/collections/forme-dexpression/products/double-paneled-mock-turtle-shirt

Comment

• neparlepas
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                          Man hard to say but Its not that warm and not very practical per se, it's a nice jacket though. The fur stuff is pretty arctic level tho Share
                          There is a saying in french "it takes pain to be beautiful". So sometimes you gotta be freezing to look good :D

Comment

• nvsnli
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by rider View Post
                            this forme one is so good. i have it from last year in grey. it is fairly lightweight, has a dry texture and gives just the right amount of warmth.
                            http://hotoveli.com/collections/forme-dexpression/products/double-paneled-mock-turtle-shirt
                            Thanks but not quite i was looking for.
                            Was looking a bit more traditional but quality material and with a nice fit.

Comment

• Aguinaldo
                              • Jan 2017

What better place for heels plates in ramones / geobaskets?What is the best size or format? and send the ebay link =))
                              Last edited by Aguinaldo; 01-22-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• stagename
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
                                Thanks but not quite i was looking for.
                                Was looking a bit more traditional but quality material and with a nice fit.
                                I'd just go with a nice cashmere one? Not sure where you are located but about any established men's shop should hav ethat in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎